ADVERTISEMENT

North Davidson at Scotland

BKnights18

Sep 24, 2010
Well, I am a little surprised no one has started this thread yet, so I guess I will start it up. I am thinking about making the trip down next week. I've always heard so much about the football tradition in Scotland and that part of the state. I would like to see the Scots stadium and the brand of football they play. With that being said, I would like to hear from some Scotland fans about their team. What kind of offense do the Scots run and who are your best playmakers. How are the Scots on defense? What kind of atmosphere can we expect and any good local places to eat? Hopefully I can make it down and enjoy a good hard fought game.

Best local places to eat---Champs Fine Foods for beer, wings, and pub food or General McArthurs BBQ for eastern style BBQ and southern home style food buffet. Wooley McDuff's for fine dining with steaks, pasta, and such.

As for the Scots--versatile run/pass game with a very aggressive defense. Injuries crippled both a bit last game but most expected back for next round. Tailback #34 is projected to be #1 recruit for 2018 and middle linebacker #7 committed to UNC. QB scored 5 times against Davie.

Portcity described the atmosphere pretty well.

Coming from a visitor's perspective, there was a great atmosphere watching a game there. Had several Scot fans sitting on the visitor's side, and they were all class. Met many more around the stadium and they were very hospitable. I know they were short a few of their top guys, but I think ND can match up well. Scotland isn't the biggest team in the world, but they're fast everywhere. And well coached.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Well, I am a little surprised no one has started this thread yet.
If I was a Scot and I had the most lethal threat sitting out because of injury, I too would not start, entertain or even think a bottle with Jeannie would help. Though Scotland has many more weapons to depend on, they must assure their main source of revenue is 90% healthy or greater before he can come back out and definitely before anyone can speak big bold tough words.

I wouldn't recommend going to chow down at General McArthur's BEFORE the game........you might eat too much and want to go lay down and catch some zzzz's...lol.

Reactions: RaidersRocks
Port, and it was just as good or better last week, the pregame that is..
BK......Scotland
Lots of size up front with a ground oriented attack. Fantastic running
back(didn't play last week) just a sophomore with college offers all over
the country. Surrounded by tall athletic receivers and a senior qb that's a
serious run threat himself. Zamir White #34 rb, Dashaun Ferguson #4 qb
Defense has been good all year, good size fast
and very quick to the ball (this past Friday night???)Led by future Tarheel #7 Jonathan Smith
Pate Stadium is a great venue, atmosphere and pregame top notch as
said by a non Scotland guy above.
Scotland has destroyed most opponents, but has close wins over
Jack Britt, Pinecrest, Richmond, Marlboro Co(sc)
Scots 41 pts ahead of east #2 New Hanover at the half..
Looking forward to a great game Friday night.
Champs about the only eatery to recommend, love the
wings with the sweet baby rays sauce
Safe Travels

Last edited:
Best local places to eat---Champs Fine Foods for beer, wings, and pub food or General McArthurs BBQ for eastern style BBQ and southern home style food buffet. Wooley McDuff's for fine dining with steaks, pasta, and such.

As for the Scots--versatile run/pass game with a very aggressive defense. Injuries crippled both a bit last game but most expected back for next round. Tailback #34 is projected to be #1 recruit for 2018 and middle linebacker #7 committed to UNC. QB scored 5 times against Davie.

Portcity described the atmosphere pretty well.

Champs was an awesome place to eat with very nice folks. Atmosphere and people was just an awesome experience. Best travel experience for me in 20+ years. Great people in Scotland!

Reactions: sikner51
I'd give Champs a 5/10 at best, nothing special.
As for the game, no I havnt seen N. Davidson play this year but after watching film and watching the Scots throughout the season I think they have a great opportunity to come to Pate and beat the Scots... do I think it happpens? No... ND gave up over 300 yards in the first rd on the ground, I think Bailey and company sticks to what we do best and Runs right at them.

North Davidson sounds a lot like Hoggard. Very good running back (over 5000 yds during his career), very sound and opportunistic.

Surprised Scotland struggled with Davie, same conference as North Davidson. Kinda like ND in this one...

The great thing about davie giving us a legit scare is nd is gonna get an awaken hungry angry scots team this week..i think the davie county game is the best thing thats happened to us..jmo..good luck to both teams.

Scotland just proved that they are more than a one trick pony team. Now bring back those missing skill position guys this week and it will be back to business as usual. Scotland by 14+.

The great thing about davie giving us a legit scare is nd is gonna get an awaken hungry angry scots team this week..i think the davie county game is the best thing thats happened to us..jmo..good luck to both teams.

If ND comes to play like they did against West Forsyth then it should be a good game. But if they play like they did against Reagan and the 2nd half against Parkland then the Scots could win big.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
It's the playoffs all teams should come to win. If Scotland plays up to their capabilities we will be a very tough out. I expect the defense to have their hair on fire this week.

Reactions: swett2victory
North Davidson will be a 2A school in the next realignment. New school being built which will take lots of kids. It's official.

The McKoy kid at North Davidson is big time (headed to west, va) Imagine Dickerson at Pinecrest playing tb and getting 25 touches a game. We better be ready or this kid will run wild on us. 6ft. 1 about 200 lbs and has a long stride and is very strong.

North Davidson will be a 2A school in the next realignment. New school being built which will take lots of kids. It's official.
So, that means the new school will be opening in 2016? Plus wont they be pulling kids from N.D. and Ledford?

Last edited:
I see what you mean about dropping down to 2A. Together ND and Ledf has less than 3,000 students.
Wow....... out of the CPC.

Good luck scotland I know you have some tough kids.

North likes to try and create some turnovers. Our QB can sometimes be a VERY good qb, other times he's just alright, but I like him! We love to pound the rock with our big time RB and also involve him in the pass game.

Good luck scotland I know you have some tough kids.

North likes to try and create some turnovers. Our QB can sometimes be a VERY good qb, other times he's just alright, but I like him! We love to pound the rock with our big time RB and also involve him in the pass game.
At least Scotland County is not spit on the side of the road. Should be a good game

As for the atmosphere, the best I have seen at the high school level. Bar none. As for the game itself, Scotland by 2 touchdowns.

Reactions: shoeheel
Great venue! Great atmosphere! The best pregame ive seen.
This is so true as I tailgated with these folks some years ago twice at Richmond and once at Scotland. All fans that I met very extremely nice even Go Scots(though he wants you to think otherwise). Also enjoyed a Scotland game at Davie a number of years ago with Scotswin. Looking forward to seeing y'all guys on Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT