ADVERTISEMENT

New RPI ratings

@UNC91 It looks to me like Princeton is the team to beat. I’ll pull for Wrh but I lost a lot of respect for them. East Duplin? They have no chance against us. That’s just the honest truth. Everyone up here knows that Wrh will most likely be the team we’re going to face.

@UNC91 It looks to me like Princeton is the team to beat. I’ll pull for Wrh but I lost a lot of respect for them. East Duplin? They have no chance against us. That’s just the honest truth. Everyone up here knows that Wrh will most likely be the team we’re going to face.
Lost respect for WRH?

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Lost respect for WRH?
Yes sir, when they turned down the offer to host the top 2a program in the East. You already know my feelings on this. I know what you said was the reason Wrh declined but this is one time I disagree with you. You just don’t turn down that offer, and to go out of state and play a mediocre N Myrtle Beach program, it just doesn’t make sense. That would’ve been a ginormous game that would’ve benefited both programs going forward.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
I remember the night I was asked by a couple Eagles to help set up game with WRH. First, I said I don't have that pull and I sure wouldn't say anything if I did. Second, I said I had been told by someone that would know, that we we're in contact with Lee County and another team that I couldn't remember. Turned out the other team was NMB. I said we were waiting on response. I had been told that earlier that night. I still think that says a lot about Motsingers character by taking NMB game. NMB also paid for our trip and I was told by someone not in program that they split gate. Your Eagles offer was to late. Simple as that. I did bring up to one if the Eagles, that why would we want to play y'all now anyway. We'll have our test against Kinston and East Duplin. Don't think it would had helped WRH. I do see the benefits for Northeastern. See you next week at Kinston game.

T-ville destroys Forbush and Salisbury destroys T-Ville. Explain how Forbush is ahead of Salisbury? I get mathematics but let’s be real.
Thomasville could have scored more on Forbush. Salisbury would beat Forbush by 6-7 td's. Until someone beats Salisbury or Reidsville those are the teams to beat in 2A. These rankings are trash and not based on actual field level play but some stupid formula. In 3A Ledford lost to Central Davidson but is rated higher than CD. I look forward the playoffs when some of these overrated teams find out just how good they "are not" on the field when round 2, 3 and 4 hit home.

No one down here has to apologize for not playing Northeastern regardless of your shoes. Check the records NE has against teams from this part of the state and let us know. If you get a matchup in the playoffs then great, lets strap em on and go at it. Playing you guys isnt that big of a deal to some programs when you have the hardware that does the talking for you. Look it up, multiple state titles for each 2A school in a 75 mile radius. Compare those with how many NE has. Wont take long to add those up. Aint no one down here dodging what use to be a 4A school in EC, that dropped down to 2A and takes kids by whatever means from other surrounding counties.

For once I will agree with UNC91. Become relevant, win a state championship, heck beat a team from little ole Duplin County and then, maybe then you might be worthy of more than a passing thought. You talk up everyone from the bus driver to the waterboy on here and all it has gotten you are a few conference titles in a very mediocre league and a couple or runner up plaques in the big one.

Again, no reason for anyone to have to ride a bus 3.5-4 hours unless it is a playoff game. Chris Fowler and Lee Corso aint gonna be doing Gameday because WRH, SWO, ED or Clinton are playing the mighty Eagles. Maybe in a month or so some of these teams can earn your respect.

Yes sir, when they turned down the offer to host the top 2a program in the East. You already know my feelings on this. I know what you said was the reason Wrh declined but this is one time I disagree with you. You just don’t turn down that offer, and to go out of state and play a mediocre N Myrtle Beach program, it just doesn’t make sense. That would’ve been a ginormous game that would’ve benefited both programs going forward.
pretty sure North Myrtle played in the state title game last year..............

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
No one down here has to apologize for not playing Northeastern regardless of your shoes. Check the records NE has against teams from this part of the state and let us know. If you get a matchup in the playoffs then great, lets strap em on and go at it. Playing you guys isnt that big of a deal to some programs when you have the hardware that does the talking for you. Look it up, multiple state titles for each 2A school in a 75 mile radius. Compare those with how many NE has. Wont take long to add those up. Aint no one down here dodging what use to be a 4A school in EC, that dropped down to 2A and takes kids by whatever means from other surrounding counties.

For once I will agree with UNC91. Become relevant, win a state championship, heck beat a team from little ole Duplin County and then, maybe then you might be worthy of more than a passing thought. You talk up everyone from the bus driver to the waterboy on here and all it has gotten you are a few conference titles in a very mediocre league and a couple or runner up plaques in the big one.

Again, no reason for anyone to have to ride a bus 3.5-4 hours unless it is a playoff game. Chris Fowler and Lee Corso aint gonna be doing Gameday because WRH, SWO, ED or Clinton are playing the mighty Eagles. Maybe in a month or so some of these teams can earn your respect.
I’m just going to let this post go. This will be a first. What I would have to say to it would probably ruffle many feathers.

• Haha
I woulda been a doctor if I went to medical school. Like I said, multiple state titles reside at 3 of the 2a schools you like to mention. How many does NE have?

Point is, no one here has to prove anything by playing NE. I think ED did a home and home with them 10 years or so ago and mighty NE with Coach Moore went 0-2. Look up the WRH-NE series. We know what happened in 2017. Also the year WRH beat Reidsville, you know who Reidsville is don't you??

Bottom line, win something and then beat your chest about teams not playing you in the regular season.

Not sure why people freak out over these rankings. Al Davis said it best "Just win baby win" do that those rankings will reflect where you need to be. Go undefeated in conference play(win conference championship)

The ratings will pan out generally. It will take time. But because they are ratings in my opinion and not rankings, you will always see glitches like a team ahead of someone they lost to.

I will say that while I do not think that Princeton will have a chance to win the east, someone just said "they are not east duplin". Well, they have beaten East Duplin this year AND last year so I wouldnt say that. i think Wallace is certainly still above them, but while I know both years were close, beating a team has to carry some weight. Of course, Princeton has bowed out of the playoffs early every year recently so it wont neccesarily translate to the post season.

Shot fired goobs. Lol

Reactions: daagoob
Look at the criteria being used and it tells you why the rankings are what they are.

Your winning %, your opponents winning % and your opponents opponent winning %.

Check who your team has played. Are there any still undefeated or one loss teams? How about a couple of teams that haven't won a game yet? Both will play a factor.

There are still 4 weeks left in the season. If you want to complain, complain then, not now.

I would suggest winning and let everything else fall where it falls. If you think the team you follow is that good, who cares who you have to play in the playoffs?

Look at the criteria being used and it tells you why the rankings are what they are.

Your winning %, your opponents winning % and your opponents opponent winning %.

Check who your team has played. Are there any still undefeated or one loss teams? How about a couple of teams that haven't won a game yet? Both will play a factor.

There are still 4 weeks left in the season. If you want to complain, complain then, not now.

I would suggest winning and let everything else fall where it falls. If you think the team you follow is that good, who cares who you have to play in the playoffs?
I get what you are saying and agree that the rankings now don’t really matter. I have no doubt in Salisbury as a team. I see a lower ranking as a motivator. I hate the way the schedule has lined up for the Hornets. They just need to keep taking care of business. Play who is in front of them and handle what they can handle.

Goob, the fact that you think a traditional powerhouse like WRH is afraid to play NE proves that “your respect that we lost” isn’t very valuable to begin with. If we had a reputation for dodging competition, it MIGHT be valid. It was simply a case of our coach honoring his word and waiting for a response from a previous inquiry. Get over it man. It’s really not that big of a deal.

Everyone up here talking about what happened 5 10 and 20 years ago what the hell have anybody from duplin county did lately..we all know what northeastern have done lately no we haven't won it but we got there how many 2a teams is it and didn't make it so am proud of the young men and Elizabeth City

Everyone up here talking about what happened 5 10 and 20 years ago what the hell have anybody from duplin county did lately..we all know what northeastern have done lately no we haven't won it but we got there how many 2a teams is it and didn't make it so am proud of the young men and Elizabeth City

Respect is earned not given...... win it and stop complaining what others say damn...

You just nailed it spot on @Jamesdavis06 Since we lost in a shootout to Wrh here in Elizabeth City, Northeastern has been unstoppable in the East. Yes we’ve failed three times now against Reidsville but Coach Moore and our kids have put their stamp down as the top team in the East. Everyone up here on these threads knows this. You may not like it but it’s the truth. Believe me, I didn’t like it when we were the butt of all the jokes from those teams out of Duplin,Sampson,and Onslow Counties. Posters up here were right though. We played in an easy conference and also against a cupcake ooc schedule and almost always got rewarded a high seed. Come playoff time everyone wanted NE in their brackets and rightfully so. So until someone in the East knocks off Northeastern we are deserving of that high ranking. It’s simple, just do like Reidsville always does and just beat us. They obviously have us figured out.

You just nailed it spot on @Jamesdavis06 Since we lost in a shootout to Wrh here in Elizabeth City, Northeastern has been unstoppable in the East. Yes we’ve failed three times now against Reidsville but Coach Moore and our kids have put their stamp down as the top team in the East. Everyone up here on these threads knows this. You may not like it but it’s the truth. Believe me, I didn’t like it when we were the butt of all the jokes from those teams out of Duplin,Sampson,and Onslow Counties. Posters up here were right though. We played in an easy conference and also against a cupcake ooc schedule and almost always got rewarded a high seed. Come playoff time everyone wanted NE in their brackets and rightfully so. So until someone in the East knocks off Northeastern we are deserving of that high ranking. It’s simple, just do like Reidsville always does and just beat us. They obviously have us figured out.

Goob point is to be number 1 at the end of the season, not in the middle.......

Reactions: daagoob
Respect is earned not given...... win it and stop complaining what others say damn...
Good post 91, I just get sick of hearing how we’ve never won it all while at the same time these same posters teams have not even come close to beating us. Maybe we’ll get that championship this year, we’ll just have to take care of business and put ourselves in position to win a title.

Reactions: dogs79 and UNC91
Goob, the fact that you think a traditional powerhouse like WRH is afraid to play NE proves that “your respect that we lost” isn’t very valuable to begin with. If we had a reputation for dodging competition, it MIGHT be valid. It was simply a case of our coach honoring his word and waiting for a response from a previous inquiry. Get over it man. It’s really not that big of a deal.
I understand that’s what the reason was this year but what about the previous year. I know without a doubt that Coach Moore contacted both ED and Wrh. He offered to come to them with no return trip from either of those schools. We spoke at length and like myself he was sick and tired of hearing we played a weak ooc schedule. He has done everything possible to schedule up against the top 2a schools in the East. I love John,Merle, and everyone down there but I’m still not buying the NMB story. I can assure you that I didn’t hear that reason from any coach at NE. I still love you guys though and I think we’ll be playing very soon.

I understand that’s what the reason was this year but what about the previous year. I know without a doubt that Coach Moore contacted both ED and Wrh. He offered to come to them with no return trip from either of those schools. We spoke at length and like myself he was sick and tired of hearing we played a weak ooc schedule. He has done everything possible to schedule up against the top 2a schools in the East. I love John,Merle, and everyone down there but I’m still not buying the NMB story. I can assure you that I didn’t hear that reason from any coach at NE. I still love you guys though and I think we’ll be playing very soon.

Tell em goobs. Scared to death to play NE...... lol thought I'd never hear that

Still don't understand why you ain't buying that story when I told you the night before WRH committed to NMB.

Just curious what year this was when NE offered to "come to them" with no return trip required. Most schools sign two year contracts to avoid having to look for games each year.

You said you were done with this yet here you come back again. Play who you are scheduled to play and if it comes to be in the playoffs, tell your guys to buckle up, strap on tight and see who the better team is. I havent talked smack about NE on here until you say you lost respect. NE has been successful sure, but to claim that a program like WRH is scared to play or trying to avoid NE after scheduling the Havelocks and the Wake Forests of the world recently is foolish.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT