ADVERTISEMENT

New Playoff Predictions?

Well some say Dudley should've won last night, but Page is very good. They will not get a #1 seed this year so that changes things a bit in 4A.

Also, MaxPreps hasn't been updating this year until Monday night...can't do brackets this year without 'em.

I have an honest question about playoffs, why are Private schools like Charlotte Catholic allowed to participate in the NCHSAA. I mean no disrespect just asking. I thought their was a private school playoff for the exact reason.

I have an honest question about playoffs, why are Private schools like Charlotte Catholic allowed to participate in the NCHSAA. I mean no disrespect just asking. I thought their was a private school playoff for the exact reason.

Holy cow, the horse has been beat to death about 400 times on here. Non Boarding Parochial schools are allowed to me members of NCHSAA. I am sure CC14 will tell us, but Charlotte Catholic has been a member for around 40 years, maybe longer.

I do not want this thread to go off the deep end about this.

Reactions: RaidersRocks
Catholic is not a private school. They are a non-boarding parochial school. They joined in I think 1972 and have been great members ever since.

maxprep will not be out the Saturday morning of the
brackets being released but wont matter cause all teams
in west will be done anyway, so the maxprep ranking after
next week will probably be whats used. I think it does say
latest available unless some type of thing has been worked
out with them to get it faster the last week,,But now its
extended ??? I wonder if adms will delay also, schools
figure I got one more week...

According to some data posted on this board, they are at least three 4aa west HS's going 4a, could be
4. Will now for sure when ADM's come out. Would this not push Scotland to 4a east?

According to some data posted on this board, they are at least three 4aa west HS's going 4a, could be
4. Will now for sure when ADM's come out. Would this not push Scotland to 4a east?
What schools are you thinking of?

Holy cow, the horse has been beat to death about 400 times on here. Non Boarding Parochial schools are allowed to me members of NCHSAA. I am sure CC14 will tell us, but Charlotte Catholic has been a member for around 40 years, maybe longer.

I do not want this thread to go off the deep end about this.
I didn't know I was just asking, no disrespect intended.

Vance? a\aa
East Forsyth ? a/aa
Harding losing
Simmons now has Scotland west but the above ?
But he has Vance small and EF Large
So Scots dead on the E/W cut
Waiting on those adms
If Scot West then barring a loss by either Scot or Davie last week then maxprep after
this weeks game determine the overall 1 west
If Scots East barring loss #1
Davie 1 west, Scot 1 mid west (west final home field to MP higher if they play)
unless that 11th game does matter in some way

Last edited:
I've seen mixed things so which one of these is correct. Are the playoffs west 1-4 against the Midwest 5-8 like this

West #1 Lake Norman over Midwest #8 East Mecklenburg 38-27
West #2 Myers Park over Midwest #7 Rocky River 31-13
West #3 West Mecklenburg over Midwest #6 Northwest Guilford 34-27
West #4 William Amos Hough over Midwest #5 Mooresville 18-12
Or is it like with the 1 amd 3 west and 2 and 4 mw teams

(1W) Lake Norman (9-0)
(8MW) East Mecklenburg (5-4)

(4MW) Mallard Creek (7-2)
(5W) Mooresville (7-2)

(3W) West Mecklenburg (8-1)
(6MW) West Forsyth (8-1)

(2MW) Page (9-0)
(7W) South Mecklenburg (5-4)

It will be:

(1W) vs (8MW)
(4MW) vs (5W)
(3W) vs (6MW)
(2MW) vs (7W)

(1MW) vs (8W)
(4W) vs (5MW)
(3MW) vs (6W)
(2W) vs (7MW)

Odd numbered seeds stay in the same pod, even numbered seeds jump across to the other pod.

Last time I looked, there still wasn't a bracket template posted on the NCHSAA website, but the above format comes from listening to the video in the upper right hand corner of this page...
http://www.nchsaa.org/seeding-process

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT