ADVERTISEMENT

New Clinton head coach

Nice feel good story of alumni being hired. Career record of 29-45. First three seasons at Ragsdale resulting in three playoff apparences. Last three years 2-8 each year. I am sure the competition was pretty stiff in that league.

I sense an attempt at a "return to normalcy" after the last regime. Im sure Boykin understands the tradition of the program and will hit the ground running.

Will be interesting to follow next season for sure. Always entertaining on the boards with the Clinton followers.

Reactions: dogs79
Nice feel good story of alumni being hired. Career record of 29-45. First three seasons at Ragsdale resulting in three playoff apparences. Last three years 2-8 each year. I am sure the competition was pretty stiff in that league.

I sense an attempt at a "return to normalcy" after the last regime. Im sure Boykin understands the tradition of the program and will hit the ground running.

Will be interesting to follow next season for sure. Always entertaining on the boards with the Clinton followers.
Did they even see this coming? I know I didn't!

Cool story. Wish Clinton all the best.

I understand the excitement of hiring an alumni of the school and I’m sure he’s a great guy but that coaching record doesn’t concern some people? I mean 5 wins in 3 years usually gets you fired not hired ..but anyway good luck to Clinton

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
I understand the excitement of hiring an alumni of the school and I’m sure he’s a great guy but that coaching record doesn’t concern some people? I mean 5 wins in 3 years usually gets you fired not hired ..but anyway good luck to Clinton

This is 4a ball he's coaching in though

I’m sure they are worried to an extent but no matter who came in to Clinton, they’ll need players or they won’t win regardless. Losing 4-5 starters to SC will hurt Clinton this season.

Also, at one time someone had said Clinton admin was racist with how they “treated” their last coach. If that were true, seems odd they would hire another black coach. Guess the haters can put that rumor to bed. Good luck coach Boykin. Can’t wait to check out a game back at DH stadium again soon.

Valid to question his fit for the position based on his recent record at Ragsdale, but OTOH his sticking it out and their wanting to keep him after three straight 2-8 seasons maybe says more about his leadership/organizational skills/integrity, etc. than it would if he had gone 15-0. Hope it goes well for him being "back home", and the community will welcome and support him from Day 1.

Maybe, he will be a great fit for Clinton. For Ragsdale don't really know the strenght of the teams or the teams they went up against.
4A ball with some of the Guilford county/Greensboro schools. Grimsley, NW Guilford, Page, Northern Guilford etc. They also played Oak Grove (11+ win team last two years) and NE Guilford (5-5 & 7-4 last two years).

I wouldn't say Ragsdale is "good" but they have played some decent teams and in the 4A metro conference.

Definitely a step down for Clinton. I've had 14 ex players play at Ragsdale for the past 4 years and from development aspect and competitive aspect this guy don't have it.

Good luck to Clinton. I wish you guys nothing but the best. I hope he surrounds himself with quality coaches

• Haha
Reactions: sam and drawplay000
Definitely a step down for Clinton. I've had 14 ex players play at Ragsdale for the past 4 years and from development aspect and competitive aspect this guy don't have it.

Good luck to Clinton. I wish you guys nothing but the best. I hope he surrounds himself with quality coaches
pppppphhhh what 14 ex middle school, or bs aau players? Sounds like you developed them i bet didn't you. Mark Dixon brink him back

he will do a lot better at Clinton....for one its 2a and also small towns like CLinton, Reidsville, Shelby etc schools understand the importance of football and other sports at their school and will do whatever is necessary to get coaches IN the bilding and players

in big counties like where I'm at (guilford) its ran by a bunch of nerds who only look at teachers teaching and dont care about coaches.....

Reactions: TopspinDaddy66
he will do a lot better at Clinton....for one its 2a and also small towns like CLinton, Reidsville, Shelby etc schools understand the importance of football and other sports at their school and will do whatever is necessary to get coaches IN the bilding and players

in big counties like where I'm at (guilford) its ran by a bunch of nerds who only look at teachers teaching and dont care about coaches.....

I know there are a few ADMINS at Lucy Ragsdale that support the program, but seems ever since Norwood left that things aint been right over there.

is this coach boykin related to the coach boykin that was at Southern Guilford last year?

I hope so 34. SE North Carolina football is always better when Clinton is strong.
Not sure how strong we will be. We are going to be young but I’m excited about a couple young skill players. We got the athletes but round that area you know it really comes down to how strong you are upfront on both sides of the line. We shall see. I think we struggle a bit in non conference play and hopefully find our footing once we get into our SAC-6 games. 2025 should be alot better.

Sorry about that. I am not a paid subscriber to that newspaper on online content. I just clicked the "X" in the upper right box of the pop up and had access.

What I got from the article was no ear buds and hoodies allowed when you walk into a meeting. Also, being involved in the community. Question and answer session was "When does practice start?"

Reactions: Wizard of the East
Not sure how strong we will be. We are going to be young but I’m excited about a couple young skill players. We got the athletes but round that area you know it really comes down to how strong you are upfront on both sides of the line. We shall see. I think we struggle a bit in non conference play and hopefully find our footing once we get into our SAC-6 games. 2025 should be alot better.
You picking Clinton to win the conference?

You picking Clinton to win the conference?
Right now idk. I would say St Pauls is the preseason favorite. We are going to be young like I said I think we take some lumps early and hopefully get it together by conference play.

Right now idk. I would say St Pauls is the preseason favorite. We are going to be young like I said I think we take some lumps early and hopefully get it together by conference play.
Does anybody else have a chance to challenge either St Pauls or Clinton ? Midway ? Red Springs ?

I don’t expect Clinton to be the best in the east this year, especially considering the transfers. However, lI am always surprised how quickly players can be replaced, especially with solid coaching. Rarely does a good program just fall flat after losing impactful players.

Does anybody else have a chance to challenge either St Pauls or Clinton ? Midway ? Red Springs ?
At this point I’m not sure. I believe the conference still runs thru St Pauls and Clinton. We will see how others are looking those first couple games.

I don’t expect Clinton to be the best in the east this year, especially considering the transfers. However, lI am always surprised how quickly players can be replaced, especially with solid coaching. Rarely does a good program just fall flat after losing impactful players.
True. The East has a lot of solid teams this upcoming season just not sure we contend atleast right now. 2025 I think we will be back in conversation as far as contenders to win the East.

Reactions: CatScratchFever23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT