ADVERTISEMENT

New Bern Foootball

BlackKnightPride23

Sep 2, 2022
I know this is a 4a team but I just saw where there stripping there title away from last year because of something. Has anyone else seen it and is there some truth to this? and does the state title go to the runner up?

buzzcoach

New Bern vacates 2022 State Championship

you a little late to the discussion brother!

• Wow
Reactions: Bearmod1
I know this is a 4a team but I just saw where there stripping there title away from last year because of something. Has anyone else seen it and is there some truth to this? and does the state title go to the runner up?
As to the last part of your question…..no.

Reactions: RD28327
Might want to look at the other posting about this and then read what NCHSSA says.
RE, are you referring to the appeal? I believe that relates to games this year. Or did I miss something? I think the vacated title with no other team named champions is settled.

The reason that no one gets the title is because the title game isn't the only game that the infraction occurred in. It would be unfair to declare their opponent of the final round the winner without declaring the opponents of the other rounds the winners. The opponent of the final round can't reap the fruit of being declared the winner without the other teams being able to reap the fruits of being named the winner during their matchups too. In other words, the other teams can't magically advance to the next round now because of the forfeit, so it's not right for the final round opponent to advance, which in this case, would mean being named the champion.

But if it was found during the playoffs on a wed, what would have been done? Who ever they were to play would got a bye for that round they wouldn't of brought up the last weeks opt? Tthoughts? examples?

But if it was found during the playoffs on a wed, what would have been done? Who ever they were to play would got a bye for that round they wouldn't of brought up the last weeks opt? Tthoughts? examples?
If it was up to me, if it was after the first but before the second round game, I would advance the the team that they beat in the first round. That's the only round where the damage could be corrected without affecting other teams that they didn't play. Any round after that, the waiting opponent gets a bye. I think the bye is what the the NCHSAA would do, regardless of round.
My thing with having to forfeit games retroactively is that the teams that missed a post season spot by one game get screwed. There has to be instances where a changed record was the difference in qualifying and not qualifying. Does anyone have any examples?

If it was up to me, if it was after the first but before the second round game, I would advance the the team that they beat in the first round. That's the only round where the damage could be corrected without affecting other teams that they didn't play. Any round after that, the waiting opponent gets a bye. I think the bye is what the the NCHSAA would do, regardless of round.
My thing with having to forfeit games retroactively is that the teams that missed a post season spot by one game get screwed. There has to be instances where a changed record was the difference in qualifying and not qualifying. Does anyone have any examples?
It also has greater consequences when you consider how homefield was influenced and also potential matchups would of changed.

Reactions: ocdavis31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT