ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps.com Elite 8 4A Rankings - Week 3

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
Here are the latest rankings in the NCPreps.com Elite 8 for Week 3 of the NC high school football season.

These rankings are sponsored by VTO Sports and XPloderBar.

NCPREPS.COM ELITE 8 4A RANKINGS

1. Mallard Creek (1-0-1)
2. Myers Park (1-0)
3. East Forsyth (2-0)
4. Vance (1-0)
5. Richmond County (2-0)
6. Cardinal Gibbons (2-0)
7. Wake Forest (1-1)
8. Butler (1-1)

I don't think y'all are giving your team enough credit on how dominant Creek is going to be. Vance could give you a game and maybe MP. Butler is not that bad y'all are just that good.

I don't think y'all are giving your team enough credit on how dominant Creek is going to be. Vance could give you a game and maybe MP. Butler is not that bad y'all are just that good.

We're good, but they're that bad. They're still well coached, but they're definitely not the Butler team of the past.

No way Butler is the 8th best team in 4a.....no way
Same goes for wake forest. Saw them against gibbons and they would be the 5th place team in sac and would be below 500 in Charlotte by a lot. Hoggard would beat them by 2 scores if they meet in the eastern playoffs. They have one playmaker.

Butler has some tough, well coached kids. Average at most spots except RB, DE and one or two Dlineman. They will beat average and below avg teams and maybe if they get healthy surprise someone......but this looks nothing like 2008- 2016 Butler.

Butler has some tough, well coached kids. Average at most spots except RB, DE and one or two Dlineman. They will beat average and below avg teams and maybe if they get healthy surprise someone......but this looks nothing like 2008- 2016 Butler.
So we better blow out Butler and Gibbons or we might be suspect? Weather going to play a factor if they even play.

So we better blow out Butler and Gibbons or we might be suspect? Weather going to play a factor if they even play.

Every matchup is different. I suspect Till will have the kids hyper motivated after 2 easy W's and it being a Meck County " playoff" kinda team.

I dont read much into scores. Creek was very sloppy last Friday. 6-7 drops, lots of penalties especially late. They are also playing a bunch of kids right now. Rotation on defense is about 18-20 deep which is always a Palmieri deal in early games.

I would be surprised if Richmond didnt win by 2-3 tds BUT I wouldnt read a ton into either way.

6 through 8....ehhh... I think the next 2 games for CG will tell us were they stand...dont think they will stand up too well against Richmond... they just dont have the size or talent from what Ive seen so far. believe WF has already shown us who they are this year and its a rebuild year for them (in the top 8 because people are use to putting them there... but its a no for me) and finally Butler will show how much they improved against RC...that one may be a good one.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
6 through 8....ehhh... I think the next 2 games for CG will tell us were they stand...dont think they will stand up too well against Richmond... they just dont have the size or talent from what Ive seen so far. believe WF has already shown us who they are this year and its a rebuild year for them (in the top 8 because people are use to putting them there... but its a no for me) and finally Butler will show how much they improved against RC...that one may be a good one.
One thing as an observer that WF has always been underdog. They have always proved people wrong. They loose one game and everyone wanting to write them off. They should be in top eight.

One thing as an observer that WF has always been underdog. They have always proved people wrong. They loose one game and everyone wanting to write them off. They should be in top eight.
Only difference is they had playmakers on both sides of the ball. They have one on offense that will make defenses really key on and that is #3. The rest are ok at this point.

Reactions: dogs79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT