ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps.com 4A Baker's Dozen - Week 10

Don't mean to hog the page, but If you never been to Raider Stadium for a game, the next 2weeks will be all High School Football... Standing room only...weather permitting.

What game did you see in person, I assume Butler which was a 1 pt loss on a miss xp. I guess that is "pretty good"
We are all bias to our select few teams just as you are.
Purnell Swett would not have those wins nor the close
loss to Butler.
Correct on the Butler game. I was very impressed with the size and speed of Richmond's skill talent (big, fast home run threats at every position), but slightly underwhelmed by their lines.

Nonetheless, I left that game thinking Richmond was a legit top 10 team. The loss to Dudley didn't really change that perception for me (I think Dudley is for real), but when you look at the rest of Richmond's schedule, there's just not much there to work with.

If you've seen them play in person like I have, then I think you have Richmond valued higher than if you just look at the credentials of the wins on their schedule. It's my opinion (purely speculative) that most of the poll voters have not seen Richmond play in person, hence the lack of poll support.

However, Richmond still carries tremendous street cred, so if they win out, they will skyrocket back up the rankings. High rankings will not be a problem for them if they continue to win.

Correct on the Butler game. I was very impressed with the size and speed of Richmond's skill talent (big, fast home run threats at every position), but slightly underwhelmed by their lines.

Nonetheless, I left that game thinking Richmond was a legit top 10 team. The loss to Dudley didn't really change that perception for me (I think Dudley is for real), but when you look at the rest of Richmond's schedule, there's just not much there to work with.

If you've seen them play in person like I have, then I think you have Richmond valued higher than if you just look at the credentials of the wins on their schedule. It's my opinion (purely speculative) that most of the poll voters have not seen Richmond play in person, hence the lack of poll support.

However, Richmond still carries tremendous street cred, so if they win out, they will skyrocket back up the rankings. High rankings will not be a problem for them if they continue to win.
Thanks Hokie...We have made several changes on the offensive line, and a few switches on defense ...That offensive line from several weeks ago is a lot more Richmond County looking now than it was then against Dudley...We are still tinkering with a few defensive positions...Hopefully this week we will have the puzzle put together......Go Raiders....nuff said...:D

Been sick lossing does that to me.hope you and the rest of your area are fine. Got a little flooding in the b.I a. Told by my friends.the

High rankings now is just that, high rankings. Be it a human poll or computer poll "no disrespect intended." They are fun...entertaining and I look forward to reading them each week. A practical necessity for fans and people with interest in the game. Gives us all a chance to Evaluate the team's around the state. The time is coming soon when it wont matter "other than bragging rights" who's #1 whos # 10, who's undefeated, who's lost 3 games. A few weeks from now 13-0 vs. 11-2 might go either way. It's better to lose early than late. A wake up call is like a reset button. No reset button in the playoffs... Loser goes home... just ramblin... good luck to all...

I thought this was a poll not a who can beat who conversation. and by the way the best poll in NC, and the best reporting. Deana Thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT