ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps 3A Poll - Week 6

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
Here is the NCPreps.com 3A football poll for Week 6 of the 2022 high school football season.

3A

1. Kings Mountain (4-0)

2. Seventy-First (4-0)

3. Oak Grove (5-0)

4. East Lincoln (4-0)

5. Eastern Alamance (3-1)

6. JH Rose (4-1)

7. Lee County (5-0)

8. Havelock (3-1)

9. Northern Nash (4-0)

10. Jacksonville (3-1)

Reactions: beamer24
I'm still trying to figure out what a Oak Grove and Lee County is?

Lee County has been around for a while and has some decent teams. Can guess where Oak Grove is. Forsyth? Guilford? Union County?

oak grove is Winston Salem we played them last year in the playoffs. Very good football team and good coaches. They will be a tough out for anyone.

Reactions: beamer24
Oak Grove is ranked where they are for being undefeated and beating a few 4A schools. Time will tell on playoff success. Their main problem the last few years has been beating North. The year they won conference they had to play North in the first round and got throttled after winning a thriller in the regular season. Then in the second round the next year.

I've got OG as the favorite in the conference this year and they've had Ledfords number. I said before the season I wouldn't be surprised if there is a three way tie between OG, ND and Ledford. Meanwhile Central is trying to make their case as well. They beat Ledford last year but haven't cracked the code against OG or ND.

Seeding is the most important thing. Rankings are for fun. Way more fun than the terrible RPI formula they've used since last year. If you don't win conference you might fall behind a team you beat in the season and finished ahead of in the standings depending on RPI.

Winston-Salem address, yes. It is not located in Winston-Salem city limits, nor is it in Forsyth County. The closest town is Midway, whose town limit is about 1.5 miles down the road. It opened in 2017. Was built to alleviate overcrowding at North Davidson and Ledford.
Thought so. Used to live in that area. Kernersville to be exact.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Keep an eye out on Northern Nash. They look scary good this year, they had a solid team last year but suffered a close loss in the playoffs to Scotland. Not saying they'll win the 3a East, but I definitely think they will be in that conversation of favorites.

Reactions: New3ra
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT