ADVERTISEMENT

MY TOP 10 WEST

From the comments posted about not just last nights games but also last week, it think a lot is becoming clear.

1. SMC has a lot of parity but not necessarily great teams.
2. Swain is the unknown. How good are they? Mostly likely very good. Next Friday night is even bigger now.

3. Draughn is better than anticipated, maybe much better.
4. Eastern Randolph faces undefeated 2A Randleman next Friday. This game may determine if ER is just very very good or great.

5. North Rowan and Thomasville are sleepers. Not doubt they are good, sometimes really good. Can they play with the best. NR plays Salisbury next Friday and might answer some of that question.
6. Starmount has shown they are getting better each game and has found a way to score lots of points on weaker teams. Have they gotten good enough to play with the top 3 or 4 top 1A teams?

7. At least in my view, Mt Airy is still the clear top 1A team in the West until somebody proves otherwise. With two MIP (Most Important Players) out for at least the next 3 weeks, can THE BEARS adjust and keep on marching in step?
8. The RPI system is tremendously flawed if the intent is to identify the best teams and rank them in a reasonable order.
You posted my exact thoughts on the SMC. It does seem like Swain has gotten into a rhythm. . This game is gonna be a slugfest and may bring out the best in Robbinsville.

I haven't seen Swain play but in my view I think Starmount can beat Robbinsville. The Rams have too many weapons on offense.

You posted my exact thoughts on the SMC. It does seem like Swain has gotten into a rhythm. . This game is gonna be a slugfest and may bring out the best in Robbinsville.

I haven't seen Swain play but in my view I think Starmount can beat Robbinsville. The Rams have too many weapons on offense.
You got to be kidding.
*Mountain Heritage

You got to be kidding.
*Mountain Heritage
The team that we had when the post was made is not the one that played MH and you already know this. What do you think would happen if we played MH with our starters and MH without their QB #12? Yeah that's right it would be a blow out. Our QB runs similar(identical 40 times and 100's, same elusiveness) to MH ANDDDD he can throw the ball 60 YARDS oh yeah and he can punt the absolute s**t out of the ball as well. I think he's had 1 or possibly 2 true interceptions for the entire year. We're 2 scores better than MH with him in the game.

The team that we had when the post was made is not the one that played MH and you already know this. What do you think would happen if we played MH with our starters and MH without their QB #12? Yeah that's right it would be a blow out. Our QB runs similar(identical 40 times and 100's, same elusiveness) to MH ANDDDD he can throw the ball 60 YARDS oh yeah and he can punt the absolute s**t out of the ball as well. I think he's had 1 or possibly 2 true interceptions for the entire year. We're 2 scores better than MH with him in the game.
Heritage score on every possession in 2nd half lol. Your line got dominated on both sides , one poster said heritage had 2 starters out, one was leading tackler..

Last edited:
When was the post made? Oh. I just seen it was oct. .
Still doesn't change the fact the we was down a few lineman. How would you do vs MH if several snaps fumbled?
Look what our defense did to MH and we are much better now.

Reactions: curtiscummings1
When was the post made? Oh. I just seen it was oct. .
Still doesn't change the fact the we was down a few lineman. How would you do vs MH if several snaps fumbled?
Look what our defense did to MH and we are much better now.
Sorry didn't mean to get so fired up. I thought you were stirring me up on purpose lol. I'm sure that y'all have a better defense. We have struggled at times on defense all year. As one poster said several days ago it truly is about matchups. I don't know how we would do on fumbles. I don't think we have had a turnover all year on a snap.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Heritage score on every possession in 2nd half lol. Your line got dominated on both sides , one poster said heritage had 2 starters out, one was leading tackler..
I thought BK13T was stirring me up on purpose. I didn't want to talk about this game anymore. Yes Heritage scored on every possession. There's a lot I could say to break this game down but it's pointless. Good luck against North Rowan.

I thought BK13T was stirring me up on purpose. I didn't want to talk about this game anymore. Yes Heritage scored on every possession. There's a lot I could say to break this game down but it's pointless. Good luck against North Rowan.
go ahead and break it down heritage stopped themselves from scoring at least twice and gifted starmount a touch down all but two posessions starmount couldnt move the ball im not debating starmount would have played better with their qb but as is they were lucky they got beat 38-14 and not 52-7 heritage shot themselves in the foot alot in that second quarter

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Starmounts success was in the power I formation. Heritages weakness is up the middle surprisingly. Mitchell has success with their big FB and Starmount had success when running right at them.

Some reason Starmount coaches kept calling deep balls thinking their WRs were better and would win 50/50 balls. Well that did not happen at all.

Heritage had a lot of penalties that stopped drives and poor snaps that led to big losses plus the bad snap on the punt which led to a short field and TD. They better get that cleaned up or they will be going home next week.

Reactions: NCBBFB and mhhs94
I understand that but they only started calling them deep balls when they got down by three scores for the second time even if they drove down and took 8 minutes off the clock and scored heritage would have still drove down and scored people act like they see things the coaches dont see, they were in a hole it really wouldve done no good to run it three times and punt it and take 3 minutes off the clock down three scores and that happened a couple of times in the first quarter, im not trying to be a dick but the same guy keeps reposting that the game shouldve been closer i think its alot more valid to say it shouldnt of been as close as it was lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavrick69
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT