ADVERTISEMENT

MVAC schedules?

What position does each one play and Jrs. or Seniors ?
Players don't leave Mount Airy 2 at a time if they like and have trust in the coach. If this is happening and I said IF, Mount Airy will have a new coach come 2022 - 2023 ! But I can't see them being 2 of their best players because Mount Airy will go deeper in the playoffs than North Surry even if NS wins the conference this year. JMO ! !

Reactions: Bearfan71
Players don't leave Mount Airy 2 at a time if they like and have trust in the coach. If this is happening and I said IF, Mount Airy will have a new coach come 2022 - 2023 ! But I can't see them being 2 of their best players because Mount Airy will go deeper in the playoffs than North Surry even if NS wins the conference this year. JMO ! !
Both are Soph and both are athletes. I would hope MA would go deeper in the playoffs, they're in the 1a. Don't be surprised if some more jump ship.

Unfortunate but Mount Airy has been the benefactor of this very thing often in the past as have others.
For years MA has made a career of getting players from NS. The one that comes to mind was the Kolin
(spelling ?) Smith kid. I remember that he was a star track and football athlete for NS for 2 years who lived just above NS. He decided to transfer to MA and the NS faithful fought to keep him there. The MA faithful thought it was unbelievable that NS would not let him go and launched a attack on social media saying he should be able to play where he wants. Wonder how they feel now?

Kids transfer over getting their feelings hurt or when they don't get what they want. I don't put much stock into transfers at all unless it's a complete exodous.

Mount Airy fans need to stop looking for reasons to rail against their coaching staff.

Reactions: LetsGetIt7
OK sports fans if this is the case about 2 MA players transferring to North Surry. I will bet you the 2 players will transfer back to MA before they graduate High School. It happened 1 time. A MA player transfer to North Surry in 2007. And he transferred back his Senior year in 2008 and MA won the State that year. I have no Idea why he transferred to North Surry one year and back MA the next.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
OK sports fans if this is the case about 2 MA players transferring to North Surry. I will bet you the 2 players will transfer back to MA before they graduate High School. It happened 1 time. A MA player transfer to North Surry in 2007. And he transferred back his Senior year in 2008 and MA won the State that year. I have no Idea why he transferred to North Surry one year and back MA the next.
Both kids live in NS district. Talent shift headed in NS direction.

Both kids live in NS district. Talent shift headed in NS direction.
Maybe they only transferred to Mount Airy this past year because MA had an open class to anyone that wanted to come to school, the full year. 2020-2021 but those that wanted to could do their classes online. Maybe they got no playing time or not as much as they wanted for the 2020-2021 football season. They may be happy at NS until the playoffs and then wish they had stayed at MA. I can not remember NS getting past a second in the playoffs in many years. Chances are they could have to play Reidsville, Shelby, or Mountain Heritage, or even East Surry, 2A this year in the 1st or 2nd round, and then they can watch Mount Airyfor maybe a round or 2. Mount Airy has beat NS for the last 14 years straight with no loss. Actually, 2006 was the last time North Surry beat MA and that was by a score of 27 to 26.
Series History of Mount Airy vs North Surry as of 2017 was the 59th Meeting Mount Airy Leads the series: 39 - 19 - 1 and add 3 more wins as this was as of 2017, Mount Airy Leads the series: 42 - 19 - 1 with 62 meetings.
Coach Holder was 16-3 against NS. So by all odds, North Surry is due a win sometime soon.

Last edited:
For years MA has made a career of getting players from NS. The one that comes to mind was the Kolin
(spelling ?) Smith kid. I remember that he was a star track and football athlete for NS for 2 years who lived just above NS. He decided to transfer to MA and the NS faithful fought to keep him there. The MA faithful thought it was unbelievable that NS would not let him go and launched a attack on social media saying he should be able to play where he wants. Wonder how they feel now?
Even with these two athletes I don't see NS winning there conference East will win that I agree with Td there is something wrong at Mt Airy for our better players to be transferring to other teams and it needs to be addressed from within and yes in 2a it's going to be mighty hard for North to make it past the first rd of the playoffs I can't recall them doing so in many years but Mt Airy program is starting to head in the wrong direction and I don't like it for sure it would have been more acceptable if they had went to east

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Mount Airy fans need to take a freaking chill pill with the doom and gloom. Y'all might have to be the worst fan base on this site.
I'm sure all the county schools is enjoying this crap I would to if I was you all because for years the Bears has dominated county schools In football not so much the past 3 years I'm sure you all hope it continues

If they live in the North Surry district, then the players in question are playing where they are supposed to. Maybe, Mount Airy having to rely only on kids within their district will open some of the MA faithful eyes about how they have been so “dominant” in the past.

I'm sure all the county schools is enjoying this crap I would to if I was you all because for years the Bears has dominated county schools In football not so much the past 3 years I'm sure you all hope it continues

Quite frankley I don't care what happens. I support all area schools and hope they all have success. I am however tired of watching a fan base absolutely rail against a coach for things they honestly don't have much of a clue about. Do you want people railing you constantly over your job that they probably don't have a clue about?

Mount Airy should worry about winning there new conference!!! It is not going to be as easy as you folks think.

Mount Airy should worry about winning there new conference!!! It is not going to be as easy as you folks think.
Mt airys not going to win nothing in the new conference even if we had two kids we lost with 3 plays and your out we are heading to a 500 team at best look at last season cramps and condition was unreal I'm not asking noone in county to take pity I'm asking city to make changes

If they live in the North Surry district, then the players in question are playing where they are supposed to. Maybe, Mount Airy having to rely only on kids within their district will open some of the MA faithful eyes about how they have been so “dominant” in the past.
Yea and maybe it will open your eyes to how you have not maybe someone from Mt Airy should have offered something

They should have to set out there sophmore season for transferring isn't this the rule for transferring

I can't remember when Kolin Smith transferred to Mt Airy but I do remember a transfer set out rule for one season seems he pulled it well it should be applied here

I was there when that happened.. he was a jerk and no one missed him when he left 🤣. Treated us JV kids like crap; he didn't like me because I didn't put up with him telling me what to do and his bullying. Good riddance.

Last edited:
I was there when that happened.. he was a jerk and no one missed him when he left 🤣. Treated us JV kids like crap; he didn't like me because I didn't put up with him telling me what to do. Good riddance.
Yea enjoy your two mt airy rookies and I can't remember kolin breaking any mt airy records once he arrived here seems he played back up to Greene but you all might win 5 games this year

Mount Airy fans need to take a freaking chill pill with the doom and gloom. Y'all might have to be the worst fan base on this site.

They don't experience what a lot of other schools do; so for them to experience this is earth shattering. It's honestly nice to see and I'd enjoy it if they lost these kids to any school. They have no hardship at all most years.

Last edited:
Yea enjoy your two mt airy rookies and I can't remember kolin breaking any mt airy records once he arrived here seems he played back up to Greene but you all might win 5 games this year

Don't be talking too much junk as there is still several months to go. Besides you can barely speak the english language with any dignity; I'd be ashamed if I was with MA in any capacity seeing you act like this on here.

Smith was wasted by you guys anyways.. he wasn't used nowhere as good as us, or East, or Elkin, or any other school could have. His dad didn't know when to get out of his way; I always felt sorry for that kid. Karen's of both sexes are annoying.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Why should we we when we had Greene Slash he's playing college ball you know my niece's son played ball for North during the Greene years I beg him to transfer big ole lineman he wouldn't do it I still say we beat you in August

• Haha
Reactions: Slasher Killer
Don't be talking too much junk as there is still several months to go. Besides you can barely speak the english language with any dignity; I'd be ashamed if I was with MA in any capacity seeing you act like this on here.

Smith was wasted by you guys anyways.. he wasn't used nowhere as good as us, or East, or Elkin, or any other school could have. His dad didn't know when to get out of his way; I always felt sorry for that kid. Karen's of both sexes are annoying.
The air Raid didn't not work he was good but not excellent he could get outside and explode on plays but he wasn't game changer on plays he wasn't are star athlete

• Haha
Norths had some killer receivers in the past 10 years and some good quarterbacks but the air raid has killed them because they are not all air when they get in trouble

• Haha
The air Raid didn't not work he was good but not excellent he could get outside and explode on plays but he wasn't game changer on plays he wasn't are star athlete

You're a laugh riot man.. yesterday was a crappy day but you ended it on a banger note. Thanks for that.

You're a laugh riot man.. yesterday was a crappy day but you ended it on a banger note. Thanks for that.
So Slasher you telling me he was better than Donathan Greene not by any chance are you out of your NS mind he was good and made some plays for us but it was like a backup role

Norths had some killer receivers in the past 10 years and some good quarterbacks but the air raid has killed them because they are not all air when they get in trouble

Because we had such a thing called balance that enabled us to run it effectively as well. We had a 1,000 yard rusher almost every year in that offense; heck in 2017 we almost had 2. We won quite a bit and lost with that offense but it did more to help us than anything. The one we are in now fits us perfect too. The Air Raid may be pass friendly but it is good to run in. The kinks and unique sets we put in made it work. I've seen shotgun teams use the run very effectively as well over the years.

Just give it up dude. You're not making any sense.

Last edited:
So Slasher you telling me he was better than Donathan Greene not by any chance are you out of your NS mind he was good and made some plays for us but it was like a backup role

No I don't recall saying that at any point.. Greene was a better tackler than he was and had more size than him. By the way his name was Donavan.

Again just give it up dude.

They are an extremely spoiled fan base.

Indeed. I've only seen perfect seasons at North like MA has maybe 2-3 times in my tenure in terms of no issues or wasted games; it just makes you enjoy those years more, and makes anyone associated with a program tougher in the long run during hard years. This past spring one was tough but it ended up better by the end. Many schools don't have that luck.

Honestly I'd rather have a non perfect experience with a program anyways; Football is more pure when you experience the full circle instead of being a consistent winner or loser. You learn about life better that way.

Last edited:
Ma is on the way down why would we loose players to any county school in the county I tell you why enthusiasm we have 3 to 4 plays and total chaos getting lined up sorry but I'm not happy with leadership

I'm nor as of any other fan as I know of are ashamed lord be with the Mexicans at the boarder

Kids transfer over getting their feelings hurt or when they don't get what they want. I don't put much stock into transfers at all unless it's a complete exodous.

Mount Airy fans need to stop looking for reasons to rail against their coaching staff.
Yea you are so very right East Surry fan keep Mt Airy down as long as you can

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT