ADVERTISEMENT

MVAC/NW/WPAC JV Thread Spring '21

Slasher Killer

Sep 23, 2010
Wasn't sure if I could do this but figured why not? Not every game was reported last week so I'm not sure about the standings yet but yeah here you all go:

Week 2:

East Surry at Reidsville
Forbush at Surry Central
Walkertown at North Surry
Ashe Co at Elkin
Starmount at Alleghany
West Wilkes at East Wilkes
North Wilkes at Wilkes Central

Couldn't find any games for North and South Stokes and Mount Airy on Max Preps. West Stokes is off due to Atkins not fielding JV this year. North Forsyth and Carver isn't either.

Have a good evening everyone!

Wasn't sure if I could do this but figured why not? Not every game was reported last week so I'm not sure about the standings yet but yeah here you all go:

Week 2:

East Surry at Reidsville
Forbush at Surry Central
Ashe Co at Elkin
Starmount at Alleghany

Couldn't find any games for North and South Stokes and Mount Airy on Max Preps. West Stokes is off due to Atkins not fielding JV this year. North Forsyth and Carver isn't either.

Pisgah at Mt. Airy this week.

Pisgah at Mt. Airy this week.
He's talking about Thursday night JV games. It's not showing a full schedule of the NWC JV games on MaxPrep. NS and Bishop may not have a JV team for this short season. None of the teams have a full conference schedule. If Mount Airy JVs are playing Pisgah, it should be @ Pisgah because the varsity is at Mount Airy Friday night. Mount Airy JVs beat North Iredell 17-0 last Thursday @ North Iredell.

Last edited:

Week 2:

East Surry at Reidsville
Forbush at Surry Central
Ashe Co at Elkin
Starmount at Alleghany

I know S. Davidson does not have JV.

Not many scores so far here's what I've found:

Elkin 34, Ashe 18 off Elkin's Twitter

Forbush 28, Surry Central 12

Walkertown 46, North Surry 0

This was nowhere as bad of a game as the score suggests.. we have really low numbers' for the first real time since I've been around at North on JV's due to move up's, but these kids are extremely scrappy and love to fight for being so young. Walkertown was full of 10th graders and speed but minus 2 fluke plays (one was a wacky pick, and the other was a touched punt that went straight up in the air which caused a short return,) in the first half we honestly stood toe to toe.

2nd half was a bit of a letdown as the kids got wore out and just couldn't overcome the #'s game. We got some major +'s though as QB and RB's solid gamers and we have several lineman who can go hard. We just need to get fully healthy and grow in experience. Our best WR had a concussion since last week, and 3 of our linemen got hurt. Hard to overcome when in ironman ball.

Walkertown's JV's in my opinion were better last season; their offense in 2019 was extremely fast and hard to get through. Their line this time wasn't nowhere as good. Their D line was better to make up for it but they must two platoon their kids because it sure didn't go to the other side well. We had at least 4 or 5 tackles for a loss on them. Don't think anyone will beat them though except maybe Forbush but I'll know for sure after next week as they are up next is the 'Bush if we can get healthy by next Wendsday.

Am excited about our JV team in the fall though.. we will have way more kids in the fall due to a bigger freshman group. They look interesting too.. it'll be beyond fun to play new teams as well. Haven't been to a JV game in Wilkes County in forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sportsnut17
East Surry JV lost to Reidsville 18-6. This was a very good game. If East Surry & Reidsville continue this match-up, they will have some good battles over the next few years.

Lol at @KW23! We posted at the same time.

Elkin and Starmount JV didn’t play last Week, so the JV Rams are 1-0

Last edited:
East Surry JV lost to Reidsville 18-6. This was a very good game. If East Surry & Reidsville continue this match-up, they will have some good battles over the next few years.

Yeah, I hope the series continues in August.

Heard from a parent that Central beat N Wilkes last night. Didn’t ask the score. Said that makes Central 2-0 on the year.

shaping up to be the last time some of these kids ply each other in this conference.

Final from last night:

Walkertown 44
South Stokes 16

Walkertown had a lot of kids on the team with tons of speed. A program on the rise for sure.

Reactions: Slasher Killer
Final from last night:

Walkertown 44
South Stokes 16

Walkertown had a lot of kids on the team with tons of speed. A program on the rise for sure.

Indeed.. McKoy's doing a bang up job there. I'm glad he doesn't have the amount of kids they had last year or else no one in the area would score a point on them (supposedly they had close to 90 kids in the program and 40 some on each team before Covid hit.) They will be a major headache to Reidsville by 2022. Their JV line last year was better but that increase in speed's brutal.. they will win the WPAC JV with ease this year.

Besides the loss, how's South's JV's looking?

Tonight's Games:

Mount Airy at North Stokes
East Surry at West Forsyth
Surry Central at West Stokes
Elkin at Wilkes Central
North Wilkes at Ashe County
West Wilkes at Alleghany

Forbush off

Due to very low numbers we had to pull JV for the final 3 games.. bummer but I knew it was coming. Our freshman class was very low in #'s and injuries all over killed what time we had. It's one of those deals.. the kids will play well on Fridays because they don't know any better.

Excited for the fall though our middle school team looks promising and has the most kids playing that we've had in a while.

Due to very low numbers we had to pull JV for the final 3 games.. bummer but I knew it was coming. Our freshman class was very low in #'s and injuries all over killed what time we had. It's one of those deals.. the kids will play well on Fridays because they don't know any better.

Excited for the fall though our middle school team looks promising and has the most kids playing that we've had in a while.
Sorry to hear that, so that conference is down to 3 teams with JV?

I know at the start of the season, the Triad and surrounding area was down 26 JV teams from last year. I bet another 7-8 has been added since season start.

Not that it matters but Alleghany is at west wilkes tonight. Also, starmount hosts east wilkes tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sportsnut17
Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, so that conference is down to 3 teams with JV?

I know at the start of the season, the Triad and surrounding area was down 26 JV teams from last year. I bet another 7-8 has been added since season start.

One of those deals.. it's like a season in a mirror where everything's reversed.

As far as I know it's Walkertown, Forbush, Central, and I think West has one.. they flipped because before the start of practice they said no for a while. We were expecting more kids and we had a handful not come out which messed it up.

Gonna be some more that folds before April.. Watched North Wilkes and Ashe on NFHS and North Wilkes had only 15-17 kids, North Stokes had only 14-15 vs MA tonight. Don't see why they went out with that many kids.. just asking for an injury streak and a forfeit.

North Wilkes 36, Ashe Co 27

Either Ashe is that bad to lose to a team of less than 17 kids or North Wilkes is that good.. couldn't really tell. First quarter and a half bored me to tears. Ashe was up almost 3 TD's and NW came back apparently.

NW's main WR is pretty good.. not much of a run game. If they get an injury bug then they won't last. Living on a thread needle.

Last edited:
East Surry at West Forsyth JV Canceled according to WXII but MaxPrep shows it already played.
Was WXII correct or was the MaxPrep score and game correct. I have seen fake scores there before. The box score started at 4:31 and went through 4 Qtrs by 4:38. I pulled the scorer's name up on Facebook and he looked like a JV football player dressed in ES game uniform. But a 7-minute game ?

Was WXII correct or was the MaxPrep score and game correct. I have seen fake scores there before. The box score started at 4:31 and went through 4 Qtrs by 4:38. I pulled the scorer's name up on Facebook and he looked like a JV football player dressed in ES game uniform. But a 7-minute game ?
They did not play. Trip was not made.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Yeah I didn't see the info about West Forsyth's saga until this morning.. yikes! Great thing they caught it or else it woulda ruined them and East's season if the kid got to spread it along the piles.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Gonna be some more that folds before April.. Watched North Wilkes and Ashe on NFHS and North Wilkes had only 15-17 kids, North Stokes had only 14-15 vs MA tonight. Don't see why they went out with that many kids.. just asking for an injury streak and a forfeit.

I admire the teams that go out with few kids. The few kids that want to play should get a chance to play. Alleghany only had 18 dressed on varsity the last 2 weeks. Should we fold up shop bc we could have a lot of injuries? I don't think so.

Reactions: fan44life
Elkin 30, North Wilkes 24

Elks move to 3-0 in what looks to be a thriller.. none of Elkin's JV lineman are super big compared to the past few years. No kid on their roster is bigger than 210 lbs so they must have a real fundamentally sound team or the MVAC must be super down.. either one. They did beat Wilkes Central by 50 last week.. ouch. WC beat North Wilkes as well so who knows.. another case of the MVAC wackiness going on. North Wilkes is one stubborn little team for what they are. Time will tell if they devlop or not.

Ashe vs Wilkes Central cancelled, no makeup. Same for West Wilkes and Starmount.

Was looking forward to this one on NFHS to see how WC's JV's looked but oh well. No idea if the WW/Starmount game will be made up or not.

East Wilkes 36, Alleghany 14

Off MP; East's Instagram confirmed the win but no score was reported. East has some good looking kids for being young.. glad East is back to being a figure again every year.

East Surry 27, Surry Central 0

Off NFHS. East's JV's look really young.. had 2 solid chances to put them game away in the first and blew them both but got a 3 TD lead before half. That's unlike East on JV; either they overlooked Central that bad or played that uninspired. Central played really hard despite low #'s.

MA 45, South Stokes 0

Way it looks is MA JV's will be hoisting a JV conference title soon.. especially if East plays as sloppy as they did vs Central.

Reactions: sbbbfan
How many kids are playing Jv for the Bears vs how many they have playing up on Varsity right now? I know the incoming Freshman Class was extremely talanted?

How many kids are playing Jv for the Bears vs how many they have playing up on Varsity right now? I know the incoming Freshman Class was extremely talanted?

From what I seen at the scrimmage they are letting most of that freshman group of '20 play down.. smart. They did give the QB/RB who was in middle school reps near the end on varsity but they were more for experience than anything. They had about 23-25 kids best I remember on JV; way more than in 2019.

They have two freshmen starting on varsity. One starts on the defensive line and in the backfield, the other starts on the O-Line and plays D-line throughout the game. They also have played 4 or 5 other freshmen at times during the season, while not trying to burn up their 8 quarters. I know that at one point against Pisgah they had 4 or 5 freshmen on the defense at once. They are a very talented group of freshmen. Many will probably be called up as sophomores in the fall. The sophomore class is small, so many of the JV team are freshmen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT