ADVERTISEMENT

1A Murphy Girls

Mont1963

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2013
Anyone seen them play? Are they as good as their 13-0 record? If so, I can't wait until Cherokee/Murphy plays.

Anyone seen them play? Are they as good as their 13-0 record? If so, I can't wait until Cherokee/Murphy plays.
It's hard to say even after playing them. In all honesty my friends from Murphy said it was the worse game they had played this year and it was the first game their starters had to play the entire game. Their size having 3 girls over 6'0 had no bearing on the game. The refs called it tight and both teams had multiple players in foul trouble. I had no trouble with the way it was called ( did I just say that ) because they were consistent all night for both teams and that's all I ask for. My take on the game is they are well coached but have no speed, their not slow but not the speed to press anyone. Their press was easy to break. I honestly think our zone threw them off their game and I don't believe they expected us to press them as much as we did., and add that to the foul trouble they were in just got them out of sync. I think our girls are finally playing the way they were expected to play and it has showed the last two games so I believe our play had as much to the outcome as anything. Murphy won by 4 after hitting two lfoul shots with 2 seconds left 43 to 39. It's hard to believe they beat Swain by big margins both times. Cherokee in my opinion will take this game and Robbinsville might give Murphy trouble also.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT