ADVERTISEMENT

Mt. Tabor @ North Davidson

Sorry for the lack of details on the game!, got busy, anyone's thoughts?....impressed with North QB Joe Butts last night!, showed what we kinda was expecting for Him!, kid Has Heart!, great effort and some Kids stepped up last night to say the least!

Sorry for the lack of details on the game!, got busy, anyone's thoughts?....impressed with North QB Joe Butts last night!, showed what we kinda was expecting for Him!, kid Has Heart!, great effort and some Kids stepped up last night to say the least!
Offense played well both halves especially Butts. McCoy has been sick most of the weak and it showed but he still had over a hundred yards. Butts accounted for 5TD's, 3 passing and 2 running. Defense played well the first half but not so much the 2nd half. Based on what I scene so far one thing I'm absolutely sure about for next week versus Reagan. TAKE THE OVER!!!

The Black Knight offense was absolutely on fire last night. I think ND only punted once the entire game. The ND defense did a very good job in the first half, but Tabor made some REALLY good adjustments at halftime and took full advantage of it. The only problem Tabor had though, was they could not stop the Knights offense at all. Joe Butts was sensational, and that kid just gets better every week IMO. Kennedy McKoy is a real gamer, playing the game with a fever and strep throat. Let's also give tremendous credit to the Mount Tabor RB, that kid was awesome last night, and North just could not stop that guy.

Next Friday in Pfafftown, I think it is going to be a fireworks show. When North travels to Reagan next week, the score could seriously be something like 55-52 either way. I bet you one thing, it won't be a 17-14 ballgame!:D

Reactions: bkknights93
Offense played their best game, proud of how we answered their TDs with one of our own each time in the second half. Tabor was committed to the run, couldn't establish the pass. Reagan will not be so committed to running the ball and they will pass (not at will, but they will get a lot of yards). Our smaller, quicker Defensive unit (this year compared to last year) may be just athletic enough to make them work for every completion. Reagan is not a good defensive team, win the take aways battle and we could very well win the war. Restated, both teams have great offenses, believe we have the better defense. Just have to line up next Friday night and see how it shakes out!!

Gonna listen to the whole game later but here are my thoughts about everything I have seen and read.

Offense is great this year. Love seeing Butts improve,I wasn't sure about this kid at first but in yet another great coaching move by coach Holcomb, he has allowed this kid to sling it all year long in game and on this level that is one of the very best ways to develop a young QB. Richmond Raiders did this in 2008 and took some tough L's early in the year but the passing game really developed over time and lead to a state title. Butts was okay to start the year, but he's really starting to shine.

His surrounding cast on offense is also great. Moore is an awesome receiver. The line was a concern of mine heading into the season, but they've done very well. As for the running back, he's alright I suppose. Guess we'll keep him ;)

On defense I have mixed feelings. I feel like this is one of the weakest defensive lines we've had in a while, which is typically always the gold mark for ND. The run defense specifically is worrisome for me. We gave up a lot last night on the ground. Now if your reading this and thinking "we are undefeated and you are high". let me explain. Since the 2012 season I have been thinking deep playoff - State terms. Is our run defense good enough for a CPC title? Sure. But for say a 3rd round, 4th round run? I doubt it.

What I do like about this defense is it's ability to create turnovers. This is an exceptional compliment for the big play offense of North Davidson. Forcing offenses into mistakes is always great and I like this years pass defense pretty good.

I really don't think a shootout will be good for North next week but we'll see.

Lastly, very proud of the hard working kids for beating Tabor again. The perception that North fears Forsyth County is a joke now.

Knight Pride!

Good point about the O and D lines. We aren't going to manhandle too many teams.... Think minimal of 3rd round of state playoffs if we can stay healthy. Saw quite a few kids limping around by the end of game, some of them major contributors (Butts, McCoy, Dalton, Dunn). Nothing too major, it's that time of the year where the bumps and bruises start to pile up. Extra day of rest probably not a bad thing right now, that and a dry field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT