ADVERTISEMENT

Mountain teams...

You ever notice when you talk about decent mountain football teams, Pisgah fans bring up the 70's. Truth is the 82' and '09 Tuscola teams where the only ones since then that could even sniff a State Title with equal athletes. Demographics (looked that up if you live in Canton) have changed and neither Pisgah or Tuscola have the athletes anymore to compete with down the mountain schools. The Reynolds fans are on here telling it like it is. I remember when Tuscola use to hammer Reynolds. But lets talk about Boyd Allen and a statewide athletic base that was primarily post integration kids without a large contingent of African American kids playing for various social reasons of the time. Just remember what happen to your overrated butts in Belmont could happen to South Point with a few other teams in the State. So spew the 'Mill Tough' crap somewhere else. On the hill, Asheville and Reynolds will be the only ones who have the athletes consistently to make it happen. I do realize Murphy goes every year, but they play no one with a heartbeat year after year. Support your team and community and be a fan, wonderful, but don't come on here acting like your program is close to being relevant in the big picture.
What about the Pisgah 06 team.The 94 team wasn't bad either.Hey as long as we beat Tuscola it's a good year.
If at the start of the year we had been told we would beat Asheville,Franklin,Tuscola and go to the third round of playoffs.We would have said that was a good year and it was.We will spew the Mill tough as long as we can.
Funny you talk about us always going back to the seventies and then bring up Tuscola in 82. Then the 09 team that made it to the third round just like us this year

Last edited:
Tuscola '09 team went to fourth round against a West Rowan team that hadn't lost a game in like 3 years. Tuscola-Pisgah game, since you guys lied about your ADM numbers and stacked students in Central Haywood High like cord wood and went 2A, is just another game now.

Tuscola-Pisgah game, since you guys lied about your ADM numbers and stacked students in Central Haywood High like cord wood and went 2A, is just another game now. While this might sound like a joke, there is evidence that there may be some truth to this. I dont know about the "lying" part but I do know the use of the central Haywood option ia very liberal, maybe more so than is appropriate. It would not surprise me if when school opens in 2017 Tuscola will have less students than Pisgah and still be in 3A.

Last edited:
Tuscola '09 team went to fourth round against a West Rowan team that hadn't lost a game in like 3 years. Tuscola-Pisgah game, since you guys lied about your ADM numbers and stacked students in Central Haywood High like cord wood and went 2A, is just another game now.
You do realize that it's easy to check records .Something you should do before showing how much you know.West Rowan was 15-1 in 08 and and 11-1 in 07..The only time they went undefeated was 09.See you been talking to mule about us sending all those kids to Central.It don't work that way if it did Tuscola would have done it.Since you tried every trick to keep from going to 3A.
What's your excuse next year if our little old 2A school makes it five in a roll?

"about us sending all those kids to Central.It don't work that way if it did Tuscola would have done it." If Tuscola sent as many as Pisgah does to Central, it would be the largest school ADM in the county. Either you are saying 1. Pisgah just has way more non-conforming students for one reason or the other than Tuscola, or 2. Pisgah just has a higher standard than Tuscola does. Both of these are wrong.

"about us sending all those kids to Central.It don't work that way if it did Tuscola would have done it." If Tuscola sent as many as Pisgah does to Central, it would be the largest school ADM in the county. Either you are saying 1. Pisgah just has way more non-conforming students for one reason or the other than Tuscola, or 2. Pisgah just has a higher standard than Tuscola does. Both of these are wrong.
No what I'm saying is you have no idea where those kids are from.Unlike you I admire kids and parents that are willing to do everything they can to get an education.The Parents are the ones that make that decision not Pisgah. If that includes going to Central good for them and I wish them the best.Maybe East Haywood kids just strive to be smarter instead of dropping out.
Why are you guys griping, after four conference loses in a row to the Bears at least next years loss want count in conference.You're still 3A just like last four years.We will be the ones that have to play South Point if we make the play-offs not you.We also have to find six non conference games even going to Tennessee.

Last edited:
Reactions: I-40 traveler
No what I'm saying is you have no idea where those kids are from.Unlike you I admire kids and parents that are willing to do everything they can to get an education.The Parents are the ones that make that decision not Pisgah. If that includes going to Central good for them and I wish them the best.Maybe East Haywood kids just strive to be smarter instead of dropping out.
Why are you guys griping, after four conference loses in a row to the Bears at least next years loss want count in conference.You're still 3A just like last four years.We will be the ones that have to play South Point if we make the play-offs not you.We also have to find six non conference games even going to Tennessee.

Jeez... this is the SEC equivalent of Missouri arguing with Miss. St. Or Vandy and South Carolina. At the end of the day, IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER.

Reactions: GG4BAMA
Serious question. Why doesn't Freedom or Hibriten play more mountain teams? I personally think Freedom shouldbe in the MAC

Lenoir is a long way from this area. Economics.... Freedom belongs where they are. Its a pretty good ride on a Tuesday to go to MARION from here, much less Morganton.

Every one of these Pisgah "supporters" are always quick to point out that they have beaten Tuscola 4 years in a row, no matter what the topic is. The impression you leave is that the defeat of Tuscola is in fact, your only goal, and IS the sole determining factor of whether your season (In whatever sport) is successful or not. And that is a shame. Having said that, For the record, the overall series is TIED at 26 in football, (I believe) It isnt as if Pisgah has been any more dominant in the series than Tuscola. You might consider that it took PHS until 2016 to tie the series, and PHS has not had a lead in this series since the what, the 80s?

Every one of these Pisgah "supporters" are always quick to point out that they have beaten Tuscola 4 years in a row, no matter what the topic is. The impression you leave is that the defeat of Tuscola is in fact, your only goal, and IS the sole determining factor of whether your season (In whatever sport) is successful or not. And that is a shame. Having said that, For the record, the overall series is TIED at 26 in football, (I believe) It isnt as if Pisgah has been any more dominant in the series than Tuscola. You might consider that it took PHS until 2016 to tie the series, and PHS has not had a lead in this series since the what, the 80s?
So all we talk about is four in a row.Then you mention the 26-26.Forgot the one tie I guess where we went on in the playoffs.Your the one that always shows up anytime Tuscola and Pisgah is mentioned.I guess that just proves how bad it hurts and a really good reason for me to keep mention it.

"So all we talk about is four in a row." Give da boy a CEEGAR! Yes! in just about every thread on this football board. Would you like for me to pull you up some of them? "Your the one that always shows up anytime Tuscola and Pisgah is mentioned." As do you. The difference is YOU are literally always are the specific one who reminds us all of the THS PHS "streak" as if it is the only thing you live for. or that really matters. If you feel the need to count a tie as a win....OK go ahead. I think the record books, however, show it as a tie. What those books also show is Pisgah hasn't led the overall series between the two schools since the 80s, and I believe Tuscola at one point won 10 years in a row with other smaller streaks thrown in, including if I remember as recently as the Keifer years Tuscola beat Pisgah 4 out of 5 and 4 of those years in a row.

"So all we talk about is four in a row." Give da boy a CEEGAR! Yes! in just about every thread on this football board. Would you like for me to pull you up some of them? "Your the one that always shows up anytime Tuscola and Pisgah is mentioned." As do you. The difference is YOU are literally always are the specific one who reminds us all of the THS PHS "streak" as if it is the only thing you live for. or that really matters. If you feel the need to count a tie as a win....OK go ahead. I think the record books, however, show it as a tie. What those books also show is Pisgah hasn't led the overall series between the two schools since the 80s, and I believe Tuscola at one point won 10 years in a row with other smaller streaks thrown in, including if I remember as recently as the Keifer years Tuscola beat Pisgah 4 out of 5 and 4 of those years in a row.
Pisgah four in a row,love it mule.All I have to do is say it and here you come.

Last edited:
Serious question. Why doesn't Freedom or Hibriten play more mountain teams? I personally think Freedom shouldbe in the MAC

Freedom has played mountain teams in the past and ACR was in their conference back when Freedom was a 4a school. With 8 teams being in the conference, you really dont have alot of room to play other teams. The county makes all the burke county schools play each other so that is 3 non conference games right there, I do think Freedom is going to continue their series with shelby which was the season opener for years until 2008 and they started playing each other again last year.

Pisgah has won 4 in a row over Tuscola? Who would have known? We have only heard that a couple dozen times.

(then they give me shi* for reminding everyone this was our worst team since the 80s)

Pisgah has won 4 in a row over Tuscola? Who would have known? We have only heard that a couple dozen times.

(then they give me shi* for reminding everyone this was our worst team since the 80s)
From the fair weather cougar fan that picked the cougars to beat the bears.

With a lopsided series (23-11-2 including two during the Lee Edwards years,) lead that Asheville has over Pisgah, why WOULDNT he pick Asheville? Lots of people picked Asheville. They figured even on an off year it would be a safe bet.

With a lopsided series (23-11-2 including two during the Lee Edwards years,) lead that Asheville has over Pisgah, why WOULDNT he pick Asheville? Lots of people picked Asheville. They figured even on an off year it would be a safe bet.
You mean like you picked the mounties to beat the Bears four years in a row,since they had a four game winning record over the Bears.?Just think Mule you get to play the Cougars the next four years and they want be any ties this time. Tuscola's record against them nothing to brag about 28-12-1 and I never counted Lee Edwards or South French Broad.

Last edited:
[QUOTE=".?. Tuscola's record against them nothing to brag about 28-12-1 and I never counted Lee Edwards or South French Broad.[/QUOTE]
No it is not. The difference is I dont I see Tuscola fans on here crowing about one win in 15 years against Asheville either. You sound as immature as an 8th grader at times.

Mountain teams that I've seen this year weren't as good as sub .500 conference teams in a very bad Big South conference. That's reality. All the excuses and reasons thrown forth aside....Stuart Cramer, Ashbrook, North Gaston....bad, bad football teams were better than the 4 mountain "playoff" teams I've seen this year. What in the world is going on up there?

Cramer got their season ended at home by a Franklin team that was beset by injuries and started mostly Jr's & Sophs due to a void of Sr's. While they had a nice year for a school that hasn't been around for much time. I would leave them out of the mix for point making purposes!

Did you see AC Reynolds? We played Weddington better then anyone in their conference or the playoffs, we were tied with Shelby late in 3rd quarter, losing 28-14 (they scored their last TD after taking a knee to run clock out but we called timeout so they passed the ball.) ACR lost to West Forsyth 21-6, all respectable scores and losses to good teams!
There are no good losses I don't care what the score was.

[QUOTE=".?. Tuscola's record against them nothing to brag about 28-12-1 and I never counted Lee Edwards or South French Broad.
No it is not. The difference is I dont I see Tuscola fans on here crowing about one win in 15 years against Asheville either. You sound as immature as an 8th grader at times.[/QUO
Crowing about one win in last 15 years.Hey dummy we only played them twice in last 15 years. .The Mounties played then 12 times in last 15 years and beat them once. I was crowing about beating your mounties four in a row.If I'm a eight grader that about three grades higher than you.

Mule, Your eyes must burn intensely every time you see the phrase " FOUR IN A ROW", you are not respected professionally or personally..........Respect has to be earned and you certainly fall short!!

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Mule, Your eyes must burn intensely every time you see the phrase " FOUR IN A ROW", you are not respected professionally or personally..........Respect has to be earned and you certainly fall short!!
Friendship and respect, as I see it is earned, by honesty and integrity, commodities of which many, including you, certainly fall short of as well. Since we appear to be in agreement on this, why are we talking?

Mule is like a a fish {sucker}.Just throw the line out bait it with "Four in a Row".He grabs it hook line and sinker..

Coming out of SC, I can tell you that when we think of NC Mountain football, we think of NO ONE but AC Reynolds, Asheville, Swain County. Murphy, and Robbinsville. Football in the mountain schools is simply not a priority unlike basketball and baseball, soccer or volleyball. Seems that the communities beyond what I stated could care less about high school football which is ashamed because football is the flagship sport of any school. Usually, if the football program is robust then it sets the tone for everything else at the school. The schools that I mentioned above have stood toe to toe with the rest of the state of North Carolina for a very long time in their respective classifications and will continue to do so. As far as the Shrine Bowl, it is pointless to argue about who sent who to the game. Although there is some truly great football players that go, the fact is that those picks usually revolve around politics by some coach who is coaching owing another coach a favor. So, he takes a kid who may not be truly great.

Last edited:
Coming out of SC, I can tell you that when we think of NC Mountain football, we think of NO ONE but AC Reynolds, Asheville, Swain County. Murphy, and Robbinsville. Football in the mountain schools is simply not a priority unlike basketball and baseball, soccer or volleyball. Seems that the communities beyond what I stated could care less about high school football which is ashamed because football is the flagship sport of any school. Usually, if the football program is robust then it sets the tone for everything else at the school. The schools that I mentioned above have stood toe to toe with the rest of the state of North Carolina for a very long time in their respective classifications and will continue to do so.
There is no community in WNC that supports high school football more than Haywood County.Everyone in WNC knows that.You must have came out of S.C. yesterday.

There is no community in WNC that supports high school football more than Haywood County.Everyone in WNC knows that.You must have came out of S.C. yesterday.
I'm sure they support it but Pisgah has won NOTHING in football so supporting it is one thing and backing it up on the playing field is another just like your team this year who skated through a horrible conference only to get embarrassed at the hands of a quality opponent. That's why the Pisgah Sugar Bear name stops at the county line in terms of memory. Haywood County support is nothing like the Fairview community. Go watch little league there. Instead of Daddy ball, the youth coaches are running the schemes that the Rockets run at the high school. Big difference in support bud. When you earn a state championship just like Murphy did again this year and the other schools I mentioned HAVE done then your name may earn some respect across the state line.

Last edited:
I'm sure they support it but Pisgah has won NOTHING in football so supporting it is one thing and backing it up on the playing field is another just like your team this year who skated through a horrible conference only to get embarrassed at the hands of a quality opponent. That's why the Pisgah Sugar Bear name stops at the county line in terms of memory. Haywood County support is nothing like the Fairview community. Go watch little league there. Instead of Daddy ball, the youth coaches are running the schemes that the Rockets run at the high school. Big difference in support bud.
We got beat by the current state champions just like a lot of others did.We were still playing when Robbinsville,and Swain was not.There is a difference in 1A and 3A. Murphys only loss was to Franklin a team both Haywood county teams beat.Comparing little league to high school ,funny. You do realize Buncombe county has a lot more kids than we do.Yes most years they are better but none of them support little league,JV or High school like we do.

I NEVER heard of Pisgah or Tuscola in SC when it came to discussing high school football. The little schools here like Swain, Murphy, and Robbinsville have had teams that could easily beat many 2A, 3A, and 4A teams in WNC and that is a fact. AC Reynolds had the BEST team in WNC this year bar none and Asheville had a down year transitioning into a new coach and they still won 6 games. Reynolds would have blasted both Tuscola and Pisgah this year no doubt. If Pisgah wants to get respect in football then take that trip down Saluda Mountain to play Dorman, Spartanburg, Chapman, Hillcrest, Daniel or even Shelby in you home state. Big difference playing those cats as opposed to Brevard who beat Pisgah anyways this year. The fact is that you have to WIN a STATE championship and then compete every year to reach that goal once again. The Rockets, Cougars, Bulldogs, Devils, and Knights are always in the hunt. They are the standard for prep football in WNC

Last edited:
Reactions: GG4BAMA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT