ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Airy vs East Wilkes Rematch

Yes as it is for all teams but beating a team by 40 for the 2nd time in a season isn't proving anything to anyone about how good you are.
This time of year in the playoffs, you don't let up because you have to be prepared for the next week. I don't think MA will show next week's team all they have. If it was EW 11-0, they would play their game plan so all the 1st string got to play as much as they could to be ready for next week. The regular season is over, it is winning and holding back on no one or starting basketball practice. If a team did not want to face far better teams they should opt-out. Sorry to put it to you this way, but it is that time of year. Who knows EW may play a heck of a game tonight.
It's the playoffs, anything can happen. MA could play flat and EW could come out with a great game plan.

Last edited:
What do you want them to do? Last week we started all subs except the kicker on all kickoffs. If you play your game and put 40 points on a team in first half then so be it. Subs have gotten a lot of game experience this year. It will help from here on out.

It doesn't matter the score. Why is this so complicated to understand? You beat a team by 40. Then a few weeks later you beat the same team by the same or more and you think that's worth respect? You done it once you got your respect doing it a 2nd time means nothing.

I'm not expecting them to take it easy. Or lay off or any other crazy idea that pops in your head. The post was made yall was going to win big and gain respect. I'm simply stating that beating a team by 40 then a few weeks later doing the same thing to same team isn't gaining anymore respect. You got all the respect the first time. I don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend. This is crazy, I'm done with this topic and explaining myself hundred times.

I'm not expecting them to take it easy. Or lay off or any other crazy idea that pops in your head. The post was made yall was going to win big and gain respect. I'm simply stating that beating a team by 40 then a few weeks later doing the same thing to same team isn't gaining anymore respect. You got all the respect the first time. I don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend. This is crazy, I'm done with this topic and explaining myself hundred times.
East Wilkes played a good game tonight and both teams will probably be 1 and 2 next year. Just glad the game will be at Mount Airy.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
EW head coach has lost his team..... This group has been wasted on a mans ego and unwillingness to understand the group he was handed. Lot's of East's best players on injury on the sideline, also many have quit or went to other schools. That's no disrespect to Mount Airy who will go deep into the playoffs and looks to have a couple D1 players.

EW head coach has lost his team..... This group has been wasted on a mans ego and unwillingness to understand the group he was handed. Lot's of East's best players on injury on the sideline, also many have quit or went to other schools. That's no disrespect to Mount Airy who will go deep into the playoffs and looks to have a couple D1 players.
Mount Airy should be loaded the next 2 or 3 years, hopefully. A lot of JRs & Sophomores moving up and the JVs went undefeated. But you can never tell who stays where these days.

Inside details on EW.? Ego and lost his players....Please expound on that? They only have 5 senoirs on the team..but being deep for next year still doesn't mean that EW wont underachieve...There needs to be a shift in culture within the program. They're so glad to win middle school and youth league titles...that they forget..that other schools in different counties, districts etc are clearly out working them in every phase of the game and out coaching them repeatedly at the varsity level. Quick question? When was the last time EW varsity football won a game that they should have lost? Now how many teams/ games has EW lost that they should have won because EW was simply a better team...but lost anyway...Answer: too many to name...somethings gotta give at EW.

Last edited:
I definitely feel ya on that Bearfan71.
You replied earlier to me saying why does EW continue to loose after Middle School. Look up the definition of insanity!!! When you favor the locals and the people you go to church with it feels good until you continue to lose. There is a reason why people leave and there are no more banners on the wall!!!

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I feel like East Wilkes has has a long history of having good youth teams but the success doesn't transition to the high school. I feel Alleghany has the same issue too.

Last edited:
Like I said prior, you make excusies over and over. Many programs can continue there youth winning to the next level. Some just want to make excusies and not take ownership of why they continue to fail.

I didn't hear a single excuse...and btw why should a poster on ncpreps take ownership of wins/losses. You have no bearing on your teams wins/losses just because you favor a team or post on here. EW would still be winning with JK at the helm...He is just that good of a coach. It takes great coaches, a few athletes and other players buying into the program,(EW already has great community support), with longevity in the program to build upon and sustain success at the high school level..... the youth league players want to play for a winner..You risk losing youth if your reputation of sustaining a losing highschool program is the only thing they see or hear about.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT