ADVERTISEMENT

Mount airy @ East Surry

MA STUD

Aug 4, 2023
College Sports Sport GIF by Sealed With A GIF
Happy Teddy Bear GIF by Riot Society

Mt Airy - 49
E. Surry - 0

East Surry has had one hell of a run over the last 5-6 years. Unless they find another Boaz somewhere up there I think it's come to and end and now they're going to have to do a full rebuild.
Wow 😯.

He started at East Surry with a great Diamond built team and when the players dried up he wanted to find another up and coming team and no one trusted him to stay when things got tuff .
This is not true TD. Make sure you know the facts before posting false claims and rhetoric.

Starmount approached him about their vacancy. Cannot blame him for at least listening and entertaining the advances. He chose to stay at ES.

Best of luck to the Bears the rest of the season. They have an amazingly talented squad and an excellent, classy coaching staff. ES/MA are rivals, but there are several folks in the eastern part of the county (myself included) who will be pulling for the Bears to repeat as state champs.

It’s a rebuilding year for the Cards. It had to happen at some point (especially in light of all the talent that was lost to graduation from the past 2 seasons). Things will get better and there’s still plenty to be excited about for ES fans for later this season and for the years to come

This is not true TD. Make sure you know the facts before posting false claims and rhetoric.

Starmount approached him about their vacancy. Cannot blame him for at least listening and entertaining the advances. He chose to stay at ES.

Best of luck to the Bears the rest of the season. They have an amazingly talented squad and an excellent, classy coaching staff. ES/MA are rivals, but there are several folks in the eastern part of the county (myself included) who will be pulling for the Bears to repeat as state champs.

It’s a rebuilding year for the Cards. It had to happen at some point (especially in light of all the talent that was lost to graduation from the past 2 seasons). Things will get better and there’s still plenty to be excited about for ES fans for later this season and for the years to come
The fact he was given more money to stay didnt hurt!

The fact he was given more money to stay didnt hurt!
So coming from a Mount Airy poster, it is one of three things.

1. You are just making up stuff, because you do not know what happens in other schools.
2. Mount Airy paid him money so he would not go to Starmount and compete in the same conference.
3. You are really a person from ES that helps control the money at ES.

You are killing me Buzz!

1. You are just making up stuff, because you do not know what happens in other schools.
2. Mount Airy paid him money so he would not go to Starmount and compete in the same conference.

You are killing me Buzz!
I'm not buzz #1 and Im saying Lowman was offered more money to remain the coach at East. Was told by an East Surry person that would know. Nothing wrong at all with staying for more money.

You are killing me Buzz!
I think you both need to check it a little bit. As far as the two fellow East posters. Here's the facts. He applied for the West Forsyth job. He got turned down. He applied for the West Stokes job. But they wouldn't let him bring his coaches with him. Or they didn't have positions for them. So he did not take that job. He didn't get chosen for the Starmount job. He applied for it. He made the top three. What I would do is pay special attention to the maiden poster who was posting about how he'll be gone after this year. And won't stick around. He saw the writing on the wall at bandy's. After he destroyed the program his father built. Somehow he got hooked up with fat boy jay and came on in kissed a bunch of tail. And finally moved Old Jefferson to quarterback. Well the rest they say is history. You don't know what you're talking about. He wanted that starmount job so bad he could taste it. I wish you would have gone. These kids deserve better. Then someone who doesn't want to be here. No one in the right mind takes up for this guy. We think he's a good football coach but he's got no loyalty.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MA STUD
I think you both need to check it a little bit. As far as the two fellow East posters. Here's the facts. He applied for the West Forsyth job. He got turned down. He applied for the West Stokes job. But they wouldn't let him bring his coaches with him. Or they didn't have positions for them. So he did not take that job. He didn't get chosen for the Stone mountain job. He applied for it. He made the top three. What I would do is pay special attention to the maiden poster who was posting about how he'll be gone after this year. And won't stick around. He saw the writing on the wall at bandy's. After he destroyed the program his father built. Somehow he got hooked up with fat boy jay and came on in kissed a bunch of tail. And finally moved Old Jefferson to quarterback. Well the rest they say is history. You don't know what you're talking about. He wanted that stormouse job so bad he could taste it. I wish you would have gone. These kids deserve better. Then someone who doesn't want to be here. No one in the right mind takes up for this guy. We think he's a good football coach but he's got no loyalty.
Do you think they win this week?

I think you both need to check it a little bit. As far as the two fellow East posters. Here's the facts. He applied for the West Forsyth job. He got turned down. He applied for the West Stokes job. But they wouldn't let him bring his coaches with him. Or they didn't have positions for them. So he did not take that job. He didn't get chosen for the Starmount job. He applied for it. He made the top three. What I would do is pay special attention to the maiden poster who was posting about how he'll be gone after this year. And won't stick around. He saw the writing on the wall at bandy's. After he destroyed the program his father built. Somehow he got hooked up with fat boy jay and came on in kissed a bunch of tail. And finally moved Old Jefferson to quarterback. Well the rest they say is history. You don't know what you're talking about. He wanted that starmount job so bad he could taste it. I wish you would have gone. These kids deserve better. Then someone who doesn't want to be here. No one in the right mind takes up for this guy. We think he's a good football coach but he's got no loyalty.
Didn't have room for his coaches at West??? Coach Whitt left and went there taking his very good Lineman who is his son. Upchurch was getting this job the whole time he is Royalty at West and should be. Lowman was horrible at Bandys for sure. His Dad Randy was a heck of a coach there for many years. Its funny how yall praised Lowman when he was winning and now you are kicking him to the curb bc your 0-2. No shame losing to a good MA and Robbinsville team. Heck ES has 20 new starters overall. BTW no one feels sorry for them! I think Es win the Conference if they get past NS.

Didn't have room for his coaches at West??? Coach Whitt left and went there taking his very good Lineman who is his son. Upchurch was getting this job the whole time he is Royalty at West and should be. Lowman was horrible at Bandys for sure. His Dad Randy was a heck of a coach there for many years. Its funny how yall praised Lowman when he was winning and now you are kicking him to the curb bc your 0-2. No shame losing to a good MA and Robbinsville team. Heck ES has 20 new starters overall. BTW no one feels sorry for them! I think Es win the Conference if they get past NS.
I guess the defection of Whitt to West wasn’t as big of a loss for the East coaching staff as everyone made it out to be. East beat West 20-0.

I guess the defection of Whitt to West wasn’t as big of a loss for the East coaching staff as everyone made it out to be. East beat West 20-0.
Someone give me the highlights of the East/West game. Couldn't make it. I thought the Whitts were going to be the difference.🤔

• Haha
Reactions: BigRedFan27
West offense needs a lot of work for sure. Scored 7 points in the last 8 quarters. That said East Surry will miss the Whitts

Last edited:
West offense needs a lot of work for sure. Scores 7 points in the last 8 quarters. That said East Surry will miss the WhittAddition by subtraction. Lots of bad blood in the program from
I don’t think so. Daddy Whitt might be a good technical coach (for the select few kids he chooses to focus on coaching), but he will NOT be missed in regards to culture and staff camaraderie. Long term, this is a case of addition by subtraction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT