ADVERTISEMENT

Morehead

You can win at Morehead. Getting the kids and community to buy is important

Indeed they can. The coach that was there in the mid 10's did an excellent job building them up to where they got to be. They were too big for their own good then but they were fun to watch that year. If they had been 2A who knows how they coulda done but to beat who they did was awesome.

Morehead being fully 2A now will be a blessing for them. They will do fine in that new conference.. they will need a little bit of time but by 2024 I see them being better if the new guy can fit in and get it going.

Honestly they'll have a hard time making the playoffs in this conference. Reidsville, West Stokes and North Forsyth should be typical playoff teams

Reactions: Stanimallector
Indeed they can. The coach that was there in the mid 10's did an excellent job building them up to where they got to be. They were too big for their own good then but they were fun to watch that year. If they had been 2A who knows how they coulda done but to beat who they did was awesome.

Morehead being fully 2A now will be a blessing for them. They will do fine in that new conference.. they will need a little bit of time but by 2024 I see them being better if the new guy can fit in and get it going.

Yeah, they had a good team. They were really close to states. 2a would have been tough, I know Lincolnton and Shelby also had really good teams.

As we both said, it depends on community engagement. The big question is are the kids sticking around after a winless season. Either transferring or just not playing will be a big offseason question.

Honestly they'll have a hard time making the playoffs in this conference. Reidsville, West Stokes and North Forsyth should be typical playoff teams
Don't forget Hpa and Walkertown, both could be better than both of the teams you named.

I'm not sure any of the teams can present a challenge to Reidsville, I doubt reidsville will running clock all of those teams though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT