19. James Kenan
20. Princeton
21. Whiteville
22. Greene Central
23. Nash Central
24. West Lincoln
25. Brevard

Last edited:
Top 10 looks reasonably accurate. Maiden, at 13, looks slightly over-ranked to me, at least to start. Hope I'm wrong. We'll know more after the Watauga game on Sept. 1. I'll be shocked if Lincolnton doesn't end the year somewhere in the Top 25. Surprised to see W. Lincoln ranked and Lincolnton not ranked. We all know Bunker Hill, with a talented and experienced team, will be tough.

Top 10 looks reasonably accurate. Maiden, at 13, looks slightly over-ranked to me, at least to start. Hope I'm wrong. We'll know more after the Watauga game on Sept. 1. I'll be shocked if Lincolnton doesn't end the year somewhere in the Top 25. Surprised to see W. Lincoln ranked and Lincolnton not ranked. We all know Bunker Hill, with a talented and experienced team, will be tough.
Agreed. Forest Hills should be top 10. Watauga lost a lot like we did and will also be young. I imagine another close game similar to last year.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
They are ranked behind Princeton…but for some reason they are not listed as a 2a team.

Strange!

I’ll fix my list.
Well now that I’ve looked at it again….I’m not sure where Whiteville is ranked…they’ve somehow fell off the list for this new ranking.

I’ll keep an eye on it.

It's really fine we do have a lot of reasons be to excited about this season, but would rather sneak up on some teams if we can!

Max Preps rankings have updated again and I guess they heard you.😂…wuddnt buying Grizz on the yeller jackets though!😂

1. Reidsville
2. Monroe
3. WRH
4. Burns
5. East Duplin
6. Salisbury
7. Clinton
8. Shelby
9. Northeastern
10. CHASE
11. East Surry
12. Bunker Hill
13. Hertford
14. CSD
15. Hendersonville
16. Holmes
17. Maiden👀
18. Forest Hills
19. James Kenan
20. Princeton
21. Greene Central
22. Nash Central
23. West Lincoln
24. Brevard
25. Mount Pleasant

Still no sign of Whiteville. 😵‍💫

Max Preps rankings have updated again and I guess they heard you.😂…wuddnt buying Grizz on the yeller jackets though!😂

1. Reidsville
2. Monroe
3. WRH
4. Burns
5. East Duplin
6. Salisbury
7. Clinton
8. Shelby
9. Northeastern
10. CHASE
11. East Surry
12. Bunker Hill
13. Hertford
14. CSD
15. Hendersonville
16. Holmes
17. Maiden👀
18. Forest Hills
19. James Kenan
20. Princeton
21. Greene Central
22. Nash Central
23. West Lincoln
24. Brevard
25. Mount Pleasant

Still no sign of Whiteville. 😵‍💫
Oooo, they have the Community School of Davidson and Bunker Hill ranked ahead of the the Blue Devils. Bet AMD will be saying "MaxPreps will be going straight to he!! for that one". No pun meant. :D

I know they get ribbed on here a lot. But CSD will be very good offensively this year. Defense could be rough. But you're going to have to score a lot to beat them. Several major D1 prospects on that team.
They taught me a lesson, last year, by playing Bunker Hill close.

I did not know much about them last year experience wise but I remember when they played Shelby thinking if this team returns a good core they will be tough.
FH was down several starters with injuries against Shelby last year including our highly recruited QB who returns this season (Brady Hibbard.) Shelby though had an unstoppable QB in that game who could scramble out of every pressure situation. Not sure if we could have even beaten them healthy after seeing him play. He was human highlight reel.

Someone said Clinton scrimmage West Columbus in West Columbus hung with them pretty good in more than one phase of the game. No it was just a scrimmage but if true somewhat surprising
Somewhat surprising, but I try not to put too much stock in preseason

**In best Magic Johnson voice**

Is Bunker Hill really THAT GOOD??
Gotta give ‘em credit. They went to the 3rd round last fall and return essentially their entire team.

I’ve been sayin this for 3 years about the Bears….

“they just keep winning”

It’s incredible what they have accomplished.

👀…the Bears record.

‘14 0-10
‘15 2-9
‘16 1-10
‘17 1-10
‘18. 2-9
‘19 6-6…they beat Bandys and started believing! Sounds silly…but I believe it with all I got!
‘20. 6-2
‘21 10-2
‘22 11-2

They should be ranked in the preseason top 25.

Top 10?….I would say yes… if they sweep the CVAC.

We’ll see.

Gotta give ‘em credit. They went to the 3rd round last fall and return essentially their entire team.

I’ve been sayin this for 3 years about the Bears….

“they just keep winning”

It’s incredible what they have accomplished.

👀…the Bears record.

‘14 0-10
‘15 2-9
‘16 1-10
‘17 1-10
‘18. 2-9
‘19 6-6…they beat Bandys and started believing! Sounds silly…but I believe it with all I got!
‘20. 6-2
‘21 10-2
‘22 11-2

They should be ranked in the preseason top 25.

Top 10?….I would say yes… if they sweep the CVAC.

We’ll see.
Well dang......the Bears have come out of nowhere like Obama in '04. I'm glad to see a once awful program have some success. I hope they can sustain it.

Looks like I'll have to retire my "It's chili no beans" dig now that Bunker Hill is good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT