ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek at Rock Hill South Pointe

Status
Not open for further replies.

footballstar_17 wrote:

Looks like all of those people think Dillon is a competitive opponent against higher classification teams. You have to take Dillon out of the picture in order to get in the top 10. They are a smaller classification than you, yet still better than you. Ranked higher than you! I don't know how anyone can take you seriously at all. I'm not a Mallard Creek fan, just a fan of high school football but you sir are ridiculous beyond reason.

You can just about find a state ranking anywhere look!! Here take a look at this one it's the most common one used by most people!!;)

http://www.maxpreps.com/rankings/football/1/state/south-carolina.htm

I see Dillon ranked at #22......and guess what? I didn't take them out of the top 10!!:D........you sir are ridiculous beyond reason.:p

Remember these posts...

Post 1:

1.Dutch Fork (11) (5a)
2.Westside (1) (5a)
3.Northwestern (5a)
4.Gaffney (1) (5a)
5(t).Fort Dorchester (5a)
5(t).South Pointe (4a)
7.Dillon (3a)
8.Myrtle Beach (4a)
9.Hartsville (4a)
10.Boiling Springs (5a)

Nice try Nipples7!!:)

S.C 5A Poll Rannkings
1.Dutch Fork (11) (5a)
2.Westside (1) (5a)
3.Northwestern (5a)
4.Gaffney (1) (5a)
6.Boiling Springs (5a)
7.Spartanburg (5a)

Post 2

OTS Sports Network Statewide Poll (Week 4)

1.Dutch Fork (11)
2.Westside (1)
3.Northwestern
4.Gaffney (1)
5(t).Fort Dorchester
5(t).South Pointe
7.Dillon
8.Myrtle Beach
9.Hartsville
10.Boiling Springs

(First place votes in parentheses)
Others receiving votes: Spartanburg, Ridgeview, Clover, Brookland-Cayce, Greenwood, Bishop-England, Abbeville, Lamar.

That's where my information came from. I didn't even look it up, you gave it to me. So as I stated before, you are ridiculous.

Remember these posts...

Post 1:

1.Dutch Fork (11) (5a)
2.Westside (1) (5a)
3.Northwestern (5a)
4.Gaffney (1) (5a)
5(t).South Pointe (4a)
7.Dillon (3a)
8.Myrtle Beach (4a)
9.Hartsville (4a)
10.Boiling Springs (5a)

S.C 5A Poll Rannkings
1.Dutch Fork (11) (5a)
2.Westside (1) (5a)
3.Northwestern (5a)
4.Gaffney (1) (5a)
6.Boiling Springs (5a)
7.Spartanburg (5a)

Post 2

1.Dutch Fork (11)
2.Westside (1)
3.Northwestern
4.Gaffney (1)
5(t).Fort Dorchester
5(t).South Pointe
7.Dillon
8.Myrtle Beach
9.Hartsville
10.Boiling Springs

Others receiving votes: Spartanburg, Ridgeview, Clover, Brookland-Cayce, Greenwood, Bishop-England, Abbeville, Lamar.

That's where my information came from. I didn't even look it up, you gave it to me. So as I stated before, you are ridiculous.
I didn't give you anything!!

Agreed....How about some intelligent conversation about the game. Players, schemes, matchups???

Now that's what I'm talking about. I want someone to explain to me if Mallard Creek beat Byrnes by 7 pts but Northwestern beat Byrnes by 22 pts, and South Pointe beat Northwestern by 7 pts......what is Mallard Creek going to do differently to beat South Pointe?

Remember these posts...

Post 1:

1.Dutch Fork (11) (5a)
2.Westside (1) (5a)
3.Northwestern (5a)
4.Gaffney (1) (5a)
5(t).South Pointe (4a)
7.Dillon (3a)
8.Myrtle Beach (4a)
9.Hartsville (4a)
10.Boiling Springs (5a)

S.C 5A Poll Rannkings
1.Dutch Fork (11) (5a)
2.Westside (1) (5a)
3.Northwestern (5a)
4.Gaffney (1) (5a)
6.Boiling Springs (5a)
7.Spartanburg (5a)

Post 2

1.Dutch Fork (11)
2.Westside (1)
3.Northwestern
4.Gaffney (1)
5(t).Fort Dorchester
5(t).South Pointe
7.Dillon
8.Myrtle Beach
9.Hartsville
10.Boiling Springs

I did give you the Maxpreps rankings, what is your response to Dillion being ranked #22 in that poll? Do you think they are beyond ridiculous also?

Now that's what I'm talking about. I want someone to explain to me if Mallard Creek beat Byrnes by 7 pts but Northwestern beat Byrnes by 22 pts, and South Pointe beat Northwestern by 7 pts......what is Mallard Creek going to do differently to beat South Pointe?
you can't compare it like that teams matchup different against different teams .. scotland beat PC by 4 points last year richmond beat PC by 21 .. does that mean richmond was better than scotland last year?? Obviously not

you can't compare it like that teams matchup different against different teams .. scotland beat PC by 4 points last year richmond beat PC by 21 .. does that mean richmond was better than scotland last year?? Obviously not
Did Richmond and Scotland play each other?.... if not your point is useless. What you just pointed out proved my point. Northwestern beat Byrnes ....Mallard Creek beat Byrnes. South Pointe beat Northwestern....South Pointe will beat Mallard Creek. This has nothing to do with Northwestern and Mallard Creek playing each other and that is what you pointed out in your post.

Did Richmond and Scotland play each other?.... if not your point is useless. What you just pointed out proved my point. Northwestern beat Byrnes ....Mallard Creek beat Byrnes. South Pointe beat Northwestern....South Pointe will beat Mallard Creek. This has nothing to do with Northwestern and Mallard Creek playing each other and that is what you pointed out in your post.

Same conference....so yes they did...

Didn't you tell posters to know their facts before speaking previously?

Same conference....so yes they did...

Didn't you tell posters to know their facts before speaking previously?
I know nothing about Scotland or Richmond , just heard about Mallard Creek when they came down to play Byrnes. North Carolina football is meaningless in South Carolina. Independence was the power house in NC.

Victory6........You should hook up with 98' Champion .....you both are two peas in a pod. You will get along with him just fine because you two had serious brain defect about Charlotte teams. Richmond and Scotland are in same CONFERENCE. That has been for YEARS.

You ever hear about Google? USE it....it might teach you a thing or two. Scores does NOT matter for deciding which team is the best. Like poster said in previous post, it is match up. As an example, Richmond played Dudley last year and beat them at Dudley. (14-12) In few weeks later, Dudley stomped Page 35-7. So with YOUR theory, Richmond is much better team than Page right????

You are dead wrong.... Page smashed Richmond and ran right through them. 49 to 33 was the final score. So scores do not mean SQUASH to any DECENT coaches and fans with football knowledge. You certainly do not qualify as a fan with any amount of football knowledge at all. Stay on SC board and be happy with Spartanburg HS football. Until Spartanburg play somebody from NC in the future, support your team and FORGET NC football.

Victory 6- as much is our little back and forth has been fun I'm gonna let you post all your little smiley faces and enjoy the next 48 hours or so. The reality is that since the spring you have been spouting off about Mallard Creek and how they are afraid to play the Vikings, don't play real competition, and are frauds for their national ranking. Not just here but on any board that will have you. Just about every fan of every school that reads your nonsense knows your an idiot with a unhealthy obsession with Spartanburg football. Most like me just sort of laugh at you.

Mallard Creek has gone into South Carolina and beat a team that had a 37 game win streak. 4th longest in the country. Then came back and beat a team by two TD's on home field where they are currently 70-2. Then beat a perennial powerhouse and 11 time State title winner Byrnes who is currently in a down period but still better than 80% of the teams in SC or NC for that matter. Next they go on the road to take on 3 time state title winner RH Southpointe.

Those 4 schools since 2011 are 258-35 if you take out the MC losses and have amassed 11 state titles during that time. Byrnes who you make fun of on every board has taken on the best schools in the country.

Its the toughest first 4 games in either state. Meanwhile Spartanburg is floundering around playing Hanna, Summerville, Union and a middle tier Georgia school Etowah.

There is a reason why Mallard Creek is nationally recognized by not one but multiple publications as a top national power while you cant find Spartanburg listed anywhere. If you want to be a big boy, you need to play big boy schools. You don't like it?? take it up with Max Preps, USa Today, HSFBA and Prep nation. The seem to disagree. 2014 was a great year for Spartanburg, 2015 way underperformed, 2016 back to being irrelevant. Power programs reload. Laugh at Dillon, Byrnes, Butler and Southpointe.. Each has had multiple state titles in the last 6 years. Spartanburg? Not since the first Clinton administration.

I watched Northwestern on Friday. They are going to beat you on Friday and at that point not only wont you be nationally relevant you wont be relevant in SC or really even locally.

Enjoy the next 48 hours.

No i did not attend the game. I did watch some plays on Maxpreps. The final score is all that matters at the end of the day.

You write they were even. From watching the film they were not that even. Really thought MC controlled the game and they won which is really what matters. If you judge two teams only by the score there is no use to watch the games.

file.php

This is VIcky 6! You must always consider the source.
When he starts blabbing i always remember he's a little
midget with a little boy complex. Than you just ignore him.
This is a picture of him his senior year @ Spartanburg.
There was a cheerleader who retrieved a ball in the end zone,
that played more than him. He stood 5'3 & 125 lbs.
Don't have conversations with this Idiot, unless you want get stupid real quick.

Last edited:
South Pointe- 31
Mallard Creek- 17

This is a public forum were ANYONE can post their opinions. My opinion is posted above, don't like it that's your problem. All the other garbage you'll posted can be thrown out. If I'm wrong about my prediction I'll be here Monday to eat my crow. If I'm right i want to see how many of you blood thirsty Victory6 haters will acknowledge i was correct!!:)

Last edited:
You have no rationale when you post. You post like you're in the 2nd grade. Have factual info when you post.

You say South Pointe will win ok, GREAT! Learn to Create dialogue. Example. I think South Pointe will win because they are strong against the run and will force MC to throw or MC's vulnerability against the pass makes me side with South Pointe.

My 3 year son can come up with well NW lost to SP but NW beat Byrnes by 22 and MC only beat Byrnes by 7. Come with info that supports your comments.

We are know you're a troll but conversing with you is starting to get beyond comprehension. At least sound educated and make valid points

Champ_24 wrote:
We (are) know you're a troll but conversing with you is starting to get beyond comprehension. At least sound educated and make valid points.

I don't have to create a complete dialogue when picking a game on a high school football forum!! I went read back through this entire thread and did not see one poster giving a complete dialogue on this game.

Godevilsgo wrote:
3-0 it is vs S.C.

Do you consider that a complete dialogue when having a conversation about this game?

When i'm dealing with educated posters i do and will give a complete dialogue. But as you can see from your post above you're not that educated!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: We are?.....did you mean We all? You'll are some sentsitive posters on this board just because a person gives their opinion about who they think will win a football game!! SMH!!

It should be a great game with both states' elite teams. Has South Pointe faced an offensive and defensive front as big as Mallard Creek?

Mallard Creek has not got the offensive firepower of past Maverick teams and I think most MC fans will agree. This year they seem like they are more old school...run the ball and play great defense.

I'm picking Mallard Creek by 7.

Reactions: tdl6242
It should be a great game with both states' elite teams. Has South Pointe faced an offensive and defensive front as big as Mallard Creek?

Mallard Creek has not got the offensive firepower of past Maverick teams and I think most MC fans will agree. This year they seem like they are more old school...run the ball and play great defense.

I'm picking Mallard Creek by 7.
Thanks that's a fantastic post and i respect your opinion on who you think will win!!

I think offense, defense to special teams Southpointe is the best team MC has faced since Dillon 2013. Not quite as solid as the Anthony Ratliff Williams Butler team on offense and I don't think they have quite as good a defense as this years Dillon team but its close. Don't think they are as good as 2011 Page and not in the same area code as 2012 Butler....but very good,

Collectively they sort of remind me of 2014 Vance with maybe a bit better defensive line. Add in the home field advantage which is not huge as the seniors and juniors on this MC team have played in some huge games on the road the last year and a half.

Some of you don't like to troll and want to talk football. So lets talk football..

The game is a clash of styles. SP wants to go fast, spread MC out, have Kendrick running around slinging it and making big plays both running it and throwing it up to the 4 or 5 fast Frisbee catching dogs they have at WR/TE. SP needs big plays because you aren't grinding out 80 yard drives on the MC defense. Way to big , physical and deep. Everyone talks about the Oline size but very possibly the bigger size advantage is the Dline especially since the juniors in Davis and Johnson continue to get more playing time. 6'6 300 and 6'3 315. are both BCS level talents that frankly haven't played a ton yet. They give MC 8 to 9 huge Dlineman with size and speed. The 3 linebackers are the best in either state.

Creek wants to grind. 35-40 rushes, control the pace and keep Kendrick, Gilmore and ST. Hill as spectators. Turn some of those errant passes into turnovers and create scores off them with short fields. Creek would love a physical game where they get a early lead, control the clock and wear out SP in the 4th quarter. Similar to the Byrnes and Butler games.They want to do what Dutch Fork did to Byrnes a couple years ago. Biggest issue with MC is penalties...gotta stay out of 3rd and 15 and shooting themselves in the foot in the redzone. Creek special teams have been up and down. Never quite sure what you get out of the punter. Kick offs have looked great and then terrible.

Probably the first thing Mallard Creek should do is not compare scores. It never works.

For me, too many penalties and inconsistencies for Mallard Creek. They also had a bye week. Southe Point had a tough loss last week. Nevertheless, I'm taking the Stallions by 4.

Mallard Creek looking to sweep ALL of South Carolina's reigning state champs this year...

MC thumped 4A champ Northwestern in a scrimmage (NW was lucky it wasn't a real game or it would've been ugly)
MC plays 3A champ South Pointe tonight
MC beat 2A champ Dillon to open the season
MC didn't schedule the 1A champ? Hmmm, they might have to work on that for the future...better change the first line of the post to nearly ALL...

Throw in the most decorated team in South Carolina over the past 15 years (Byrnes), and MC is looking to hang a poster of the entire state of South Carolina on their trophy wall after tonight.

Northwestern, Byrnes, South Pointe and Dillon have combined to play in 27 state title games since 2000, winning 21 of them (Northwestern - 3, Byrnes - 8, South Pointe - 4, Dillon - 6).

Last edited:
End 3, SP still up 10-0.

SP's had 2 TDs taken off the board with penalties and missed a FG so far, and MC hasn't come close to sniffing the red zone on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT