ADVERTISEMENT

MAC week 5 picks...

Just saw on 247Sports where Asheville OL Leota committed to South Carolina. Congrats to the young man.

Leota from 247sports:

“I committed to South Carolina because of the coaches,” Leota said. “I felt at home when I was down there. I loved the whole vibe of the campus and I really like Coach Elliott. He’s been an awesome recruiter throughout the process and also Coach Deke Adams has always been consistent staying in contact with me.”

“I also like the Gamecocks because they’re in the SEC, “Leota said. “I just loved their whole program and what they have to offer. They also have some great food!

I guarantee you if Drummond and Brewer played at Erwin, Erwins offense would be unstoppable. Imagine having 2 Austins.

That is true but we do have more good receivers then Chase Austin. CJ Thompson is small but a heck of a player. Another one I think you will here a lot about in the coming weeks is Tavon Tinsley. The last few games have been against such good defensive teams so you have not heard much about them. Erwin didn't pass much against Heritage for obvious reasons. I look for huge numbers from Ferguson in the coming weeks. He is leading WNC in passing and he sat out a game and played some awesome defensive teams already.

That is true but we do have more good receivers then Chase Austin. CJ Thompson is small but a heck of a player. Another one I think you will here a lot about in the coming weeks is Tavon Tinsley. The last few games have been against such good defensive teams so you have not heard much about them. Erwin didn't pass much against Heritage for obvious reasons. I look for huge numbers from Ferguson in the coming weeks. He is leading WNC in passing and he sat out a game and played some awesome defensive teams already.
You are suppose to be leading in passing when you throw the ball 60 times a game.

35 passing attempts per game seems kind of low for Erwin, but ya'll did have a couple of pretty rough games where your offense wasn't on the field much, as well as the MH game where ya'll mostly ran the ball. I'd say when conference play starts back up those numbers will be a lot higher. JMO.

Erwin's one game passing attempts is equal to 4 games for us

You said yourself that you need to throw the ball a bunch more so that is not a necessarily a bad thing for Erwin. I do agree with the opinion Erwin needs to run the ball a little more. They have been using Isaiah Poore a lot more this season but he has been hurt the last few games.

As long as Erwin keeps putting up the crazy numbers they have over the years I don't mind the passing. Not every team is capable of doing that because they don't have the qb's to do it. We have been blessed in that department for sure.

I think Wilkins is a great coach and uses his weapons wisely. Friday nights are not a video game.

There are three things that can happen when you throw a pass, and two of them are bad. - Woody Hayes

I think Wilkins is a great coach and uses his weapons wisely. Friday nights are not a video game.

There are three things that can happen when you throw a pass, and two of them are bad. - Woody Hayes
That may be true but football has evolved a little since woody hayes died 30 years ago. I just pray we start using our weapons a little more, hopefully we aren't showing our full hand yet because we may have the best group of receivers Wilkins has ever coached

Reactions: mbdfan
Just look at college and the NFL. If you don't have a good passing game you are in trouble. I will say great running teams can still have a lot of success at the high school level because of the ability to run clock.

In robersons defense, they too have a great junior linebacker. Not all American good or anything, but very good. We have been trying to get him for years. Maybe the other perennial "recruiting" team Crest can get him to move to boiling springs, because our recruiting pitch hasn't worked thus far. Hey it beats going 4-7 every year
There is a safety and DB in San Antonio available.

14-13 Franklin in the second. Man, I hate listening to games on WWNC. Could Brian Hall talk through his nose just a little more?

20 - 19 Franklin over Erwin at the half. Sounds like a dang good game so far.

Never mind. With seconds left in the half Erwin takes the kick off to the house.
Erwin up now 27 - 20

Erwin 27 Franklin 20. Hope #31 for Franklin it's ok. The kid took one of the hardest his I have ever seen.

Erwin can't stop the run. Think when u have a 210 RB and a 230lb FB coming at you, Franklin also had 14 pts with 2 minutes left in the game vs AHS. I said no disrespect

I just thought they was very explosive. And would be up at least by 21 with they weakness being pass D and yalls strength being pass. No disrespect to Erwin BD. jmo

Hendersonville lost to West Henderson 42-14 and North Henderson 48-17. Not to put to fine a point on it, they're not the Hendo of old and ACR is pretty danged good.

I haven't seen Hendo play in 3 years. Last time I saw them they were loaded with speed and talent. Didn't mean any disrespect to ACR, just didn't see the game getting out of hand so quickly.

I haven't seen Hendo play in 3 years. Last time I saw them they were loaded with speed and talent. Didn't mean any disrespect to ACR, just didn't see the game getting out of hand so quickly.
I totally agree it is surprising if you haven't seen Hendersonville play in a couple of years (and I didn't think your comment was disrespectful of ACR). I associate the Bearcats with speed and tough play, I'm not sure what has happened there. Looks like ACR called off the dogs, but it could be a long year for Hendo.

You said yourself that you need to throw the ball a bunch more so that is not a necessarily a bad thing for Erwin. I do agree with the opinion Erwin needs to run the ball a little more. They have been using Isaiah Poore a lot more this season but he has been hurt the last few games.
Erwin want be so lucky next week. Erwins run defense is very weak.

Man that was a nail biter. One of the best games I've heard on the radio in a long, long time. Chase Austin with a TD reception with 20 something seconds left on the clock. That kid will remember that play for years. Congrats to the Warriors. Told ya'll that Franklin was tough. ;)

Great ending in pereon. Every time I attend a Erwin game not named Asheville, it always turns out to be one of the best I've seen

Way to bounce back Erwin.2 hard games in a row hopefully paid off on getting the W.Science Hill lost to Maryville 52-17 tonight and Ootlewah beat the 4th ranked team in 5a 16-0 tonight.

Last edited:
North Buncombe at Mitchell: Not sure I buy into the Mitchell hype but they are probably better than North Buncombe. Mitchell by 14.

Hendersonville at Reynolds: Maybe if this game was a couple years ago it might have been a good game, but Rico will get the ball 16 times in the first half, score 5 touchdowns rush for 195 yards and won't play in the second half. Reynolds 45-13.

Brevard at Enka: Enka because Brevard is the worst team in WNC

McDowell at Owen: See "Brevard at Enka"

Crest at Roberson: Crest will score more points in the first quarter than Roberson will in the entire game. Crest and Roberson will probably look equal in pre game warm ups. As a matter of fact, if somebody from Washington state came to watch the pre game warm ups and had to bet on the game, they might put money on Roberson…then the game will start. Crest 66-10 and it will only be that close because the Crest coach won't play the starters in the second half.

Franklin at Erwin: Game of the week. Both teams have played good competition so far. Erwin has played a tougher schedule, but Franklin has been tested and is I believe the 3rd ranked team in the WNC best of the west poll. Erwin is 5 I think? This game could go either way. 2 very different offensive styles.

Asheville vs BYE: Reggie Battle will get 36 carries. Nobody else will be allowed to touch the ball nor will we consider throwing to our great wide receivers.

I think it's safe to say, Brevard is far better than Enka lol.

Reactions: bc11
I remember someone saying (me) that "Enka was good for one win this year and they've already gotten it." I am a football genius.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT