ADVERTISEMENT

MA Boys / WS Prep #1 seed game....

bareman

Jun 23, 2001
site and place will be decided today around noon...looks like a neutral court will host....more to come

Depends if WSFC schools have school tomorrow. Tentative schedule is 4:00 tomorrow at Mount Airy. If no school, admin will have to meet up and draw seeds.

No game....admin/coaches will meet to determine draws around noon.

just could not get it worked out.....would not have looked good with there being no school but playing a ball game.....will report results ASAP..... possibility of same 2 teams meeting in playoffs

Wow, how times have changed. I remember a time when decisions were made based on whether or not both teams can get there safely. First of all schools are cancelled now at the drop of a hat, and just because there are back roads somewhere in forsyth county that have some slick spots, they decide not to play because it would not look good. It sure is a good thing that we do not get as much snow as we used to or we would be lucky to play 15 games a year. I bet if the NCHSAA would schedule games rather than giving all these easy outs, teams would again show up and play. Sorry for the rant, but I just wonder how much we are really preparing kids for life when we cancel things everytime conditions are a little less than perfect. Hate if for the players, who I am sure want to settle this on the court.

We r screwed now dangit. How does prep win back to back draws. Conference seeding and this one. Bummer

we lucked up with this seeding for football. got screwed in bball guess cant have our cake and eat it too lol

Oh well KW. As the old saying goes if your gonna win it all you gotta beat them some time. I just hate to have the opportunity to play them so early. Of course we have to worry more than most people think about Bishop.

Originally posted by Alleghany84:

Wow, how times have changed. I remember a time when decisions were made based on whether or not both teams can get there safely. First of all schools are cancelled now at the drop of a hat, and just because there are back roads somewhere in forsyth county that have some slick spots, they decide not to play because it would not look good. It sure is a good thing that we do not get as much snow as we used to or we would be lucky to play 15 games a year. I bet if the NCHSAA would schedule games rather than giving all these easy outs, teams would again show up and play. Sorry for the rant, but I just wonder how much we are really preparing kids for life when we cancel things everytime conditions are a little less than perfect. Hate if for the players, who I am sure want to settle this on the court.
I think the issue here is when can they start the game and get the players back home. Possibly do not want them out of school early due to the missed days and makeup schedule requiring the game to start later than 4pm. Winston Salem that time of day will have thick traffic and with the temperatures they probably have some concern about a return trip tonight in a bus. I get all of that.

Both of these teams are in the playoffs. Do not think it would really be fair to have them playing when everyone else is preparing for next week. If these were two mediocre teams and the loser of the draw would not make the playoffs I would agree with the draw because if you are struggling to make a field of 64 it is not a travesty.

Originally posted by Alleghany84:

I agree we are making it too easy in America today. 64 team basketball playoff per classification. 64 football team football playoff with subdividing. Individual sports competing in classifications. I do not have an issue with the 64 teams in basketball as they play down to four champions.

I think we should drop conference tournaments and allow the teams to schedule two extra non conference games. If a team wants to schedule a conference opponent two more times throughout the season for the gate and logistics so be it. With 64 teams in the playoffs is there really a need for extra opportunities to make the field? The real good teams will meet again if they are really that good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT