ADVERTISEMENT

Low Ranked Team Play in Shelby Friday Night

TheMule

Feb 5, 2003
Lenox Castle, NC
Shelby ranked #16 and South Point #18 according to the NCHSAA.

Their top ranked teams:

1. Northeastern
2. Pisgah
3. South Granville
4. Randleman

Anyone have any ideas why the Mighty Red Raiders or Golden Lions have fallen so much this year?:(

The reason for the rankings has to be earlier losses. South Point losing to Crest and Clover, SC. Then Shelby losing to Asheville Reynolds, Burns and Crest.
I’ve seen both play. Either could compete for a 2A title, big or small.
I hope you enjoy the playoffs and the best to the Rams.

Reactions: StallionSWO
Because anything our wonderful NCHSAA touches turns to pure gold..lol...just means winner of shelby south point could actually only get one home game....does anyone know anything about bandys or n Lincoln?

Mill town, I’ve seen both play. I saw North Lincoln beat us, last week, but our team is really down, this year.
Week before last I saw Bandys beat West Lincoln. Both North and Bandys are decent teams and well coached.
These two will play each other, Friday night at North. Someone pulling for a team that’s expecting to play one of the other could definitely get the scoop on both if they decided to attend.

Last edited:
The reason for the rankings has to be earlier losses. South Point losing to Crest and Clover, SC. Then Shelby losing to Asheville Reynolds, Burns and Crest.
I’ve seen both play. Either could compete for a 2A title, big or small.
I hope you enjoy the playoffs and the best to the Rams.
Yep, I would make both South Point and Shelby strong favorites to win a state championship. But our friends in Chapel Hill have decided to make some politically correct adjustments to the rankings. Wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings by scoring too many points in a game.

Net result will be some of the strongest teams will be playing on the road early and the best teams probably will not play for the regional championships.

Hope to see your Wolves back in the hunt.

Thank you my friend. Get you a scarf, a hat and a good coat. The Almanac is predicting a chilly fall.

That trip you and I made to Reidsville a couple of years ago required a lot of heavy coats and accessories. Both Bandys and North Lincoln have responded to good coaching and offensive scheme changes this season. I think both may fade in the 2nd round.
Shelby and South Point are facing the same scenario as last season. Playing each other for the conference championship and a better seeding a long the way.

Cheerduck, I inadvertently left my coveralls at home and was stuck with the thin jacket I wear under them.I thought I had put my coveralls in the back of my car. It was cold that night but it didn’t feel nearly as uncomfortable as it does here when it’s cold. Community Stadium must not be near any river or creek.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT