ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball LOLOL at MaxPreps Top 5 for North Carolina

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
HIgh Point Christian #1?? Over Greensboro Day? Really??

Here's their rankings btw....
1) HPCA
2) Providence Day
3) JM Robinson
4) Greensboro Day
5) NW Guilford

Last edited:
I think Wesleyan, Trinity Christian, and The Burlington School could easily be in that Top 5. Especially Wesleyan......they re-loaded something fierce.

yeah this is very interesting... I don't see Southwest Guilford in this.
Top 5 teams are Greensboro Day Trinity Christian Wesleyan Southwest Guilford Cox Independence! Have seen all of them play this summer.

Last edited:
yeah this is very interesting... I don't see Southwest Guilford in this.
Top 5 teams are Greensboro Day Trinity Christian Wesleyan Southwest Guilford Cox Independence! Have seen all of them play this summer.

Southwest Guilford is definitely strong enough to make a good run at the Top 5. I totally forgot about Word of God too. Blake Harris's dunk against Oak Hill is definitely the early candidate for "Dunk of the Year".

What's really cool is that SW Guilford will play both Greensboro Day and Trinity Christian this season.

Reactions: ramking2012
Just a little reminder that Greensboro Day's game with SW is coming up soon. It'll be this Saturday at 8:00 pm on the campus of RJ Reynolds. If you've never been to RJR, I think you'll be in for a treat. One of the coolest gyms in the Triad.

Apparently, the G'day-SWG game is the main dish of the Bobby Martin Classic. They have a couple of good appetizers before that one: West Forsyth-Glenn at 5:00 followed by Mount Tabor-WS Prep at 6:30. That's a good day of basketball.

Man, I thought SW was going to pull off the comeback when Perkins fouled out. Too many missed free throws wound up dooming them. Great game, outstanding atmosphere. I thought the roof was going to come off the joint when Will Dillard flushed home that putback in the second half. Dillard was magnificent on both ends of the floor Saturday night.

I've also gotta add that Kam Langley is a warrior. A freaking warrior. Loved watching him work on the low block. He competed so hard and would not let SW die. The Cowboys are gonna really miss him next year.

Also also want to add that WS Prep is serious. They completely dusted Mount Tabor. Their collective backcourt might honestly be one of the best in NC ( they're definitely one of the quickest). I can easily see them and Lincoln Charter colliding like asteroids come March.

Man, I thought SW was going to pull off the comeback when Perkins fouled out. Too many missed free throws wound up dooming them. Great game, outstanding atmosphere. I thought the roof was going to come off the joint when Will Dillard flushed home that putback in the second half. Dillard was magnificent on both ends of the floor Saturday night.

I've also gotta add that Kam Langley is a warrior. A freaking warrior. Loved watching him work on the low block. He competed so hard and would not let SW die. The Cowboys are gonna really miss him next year.

Also also want to add that WS Prep is serious. They completely dusted Mount Tabor. Their collective backcourt might honestly be one of the best in NC ( they're definitely one of the quickest). I can easily see them and Lincoln Charter colliding like asteroids come March.

I agree about Winston Salem Prep and Lincoln Charter but the defending 1a state champs Voyager still has talent

I agree. I think Greensboro day has already played 8 games. That was Southwest 2nd game of the year and they gave Greensboro Day a really good game. Southwest is going to be really good! Different game if they hit free throws. Had a good chance to pull it off.

I think another team that are being over looked is West Forsyth. They have some guys that are still playing football. They have all the pieces. Good early test against Southwest Guilford next Tuesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT