ADVERTISEMENT

Lincolnton 20 Maiden 19

Lincolnton

Nov 19, 2002
This thread, which is dedicated to a single CVAC win was made to let any of our team or staff know how much Friday night’s effort means to so many people. Erasing a 19-0 deficit that started with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, then fighting back against a really good Maiden team to pull out a 20-19 win was very, very special. Thank you for all you did and please know your fans are proud of you. I know, I watched them.

Postscript: To our Maiden friends who post on here and to those who do not, please know this thread is not meant to trumpet our win. The last time we beat you was in 2015, at Maiden, I was there. The ending of your streak came in a special way to us, during this time and after our losses to you, I don’t remember a single one of you making it tough on us, except AMD (Just Joking). Wanted to say you have a fine team, but I know you know that, and it wouldn’t surprise me if you go deep in the playoffs. I also know how much high school football means to you. It means a lot to us, too. Much respect and admiration for you guys…So, what do we do now ? Well, on to next week, I suppose.

Side Note: Enjoyed getting to talk with my friend AMD before the game, and we were joined by one of our posters, namely LTown Wolves, who was accompanied by his fine young son, who gets his good looks from his Dad and Grandpa.

Side Note: First time I saw AMD, was at Maiden, year before last. Frankly, he looked a little out of shape. Then, last year I saw him in Lincolnton, and he appeared to have lost some weight. Then, tonight, when I saw him at the Thomas Brown, he looked, well, a little scary. Don’t know any other way to describe him other than to say he looked like and Olympian. I understand shaping up, but D@## man !

Last edited:
I say we meet tomorrow and settle the ‘83 tie on the parking lot at BBQ King!😂

We’ll eat after.
My friend, right now I have no energy left and still won't have for a few days, and would be no match for you. Had I not taken my blood pressure pills before coming to Maiden, I honestly think I would've had a mini-stroke or even a mighty-stroke. About a meal, as always, I'd be happy to buy yours. We all have to get together, soon. Gotta call my friend Cheerduck and arrange something.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT