ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln County Football Jamboree-Tomorrow, 08/16/24

Reactions: Lincolnton
Reactions: Lincolnton
Here's my take on it: Hibriten with an option offense really beat up on us. Our guys looked like they had not seen an option offense (which is assignment football) and some of them haven't. This went on for most of the game. Late in the scrimmage, we were able to hold them, some. Glad we got to see it because later this month we'll get another dose of it at South Point.
We did have a few bright spots, and I feel like we have a little speed that will help us along through the season.

I only saw the tail-end of Bandys and North Lincoln. From what I watched, both North and Bandys are better this year. Us Lincolnton sorts have to deal with both of them, and I don't believe any CVAC team should take the trojans lightly. I didn't want to watch East and West Lincoln play, but I saw East come out on the field, and I got to say, the Mustangs do have natty looking uniforms.

Here's my take on it: Hibriten with an option offense really beat up on us. Our guys looked like they had not seen an option offense (which is assignment football) and some of them haven't. This went on for most of the game. Late in the scrimmage, we were able to hold them, some. Glad we got to see it because later this month we'll get another dose of it at South Point.
We did have a few bright spots, and I feel like we have a little speed that will help us along through the season.

I only saw the tail-end of Bandys and North Lincoln. From what I watched, both North and Bandys are better this year. Us Lincolnton sorts have to deal with both of them, and I don't believe any CVAC team should take the trojans lightly. I didn't want to watch East and West Lincoln play, but I saw East come out on the field, and I got to say, the Mustangs do have natty looking uniforms.
Doesn't seem like you are very vigilant tonight 🤣

Later this month? You mean next week in Belmont and that darn Red Bone offense. I am sure there is probably a post already up on the 3A boards. That backup who went off last year against us is only going to be better.

Unrelated for Lincolnton who you may have a story for every topic. I am currently in Canada where two of the lakes converge. What you got on Canada and/or the Great Lakes?

I left after the Hibriten game but here were the other scores
East Lincoln 13 NW Cabarus 3
West Lincoln 21 Thomas Jefferson 0
EL must have something this year cause NWC has been a force off and on. All around good athletes with a decent passing and rushing attack 50/50 for NWC. I wasn’t there I’m just giving my 2 cents lol. I shoulda went if I knew bout this.

North Lincoln must be better than I thought cause that rushing attack last year was something both RB are only soph and Jr this year. Bandys with athletes with good coaching and a killer JV squad of 2 years ago with those same kids out there for varsity. Any takes on this game from anyone that saw the whole thing?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
LHSfaninVA, you're right, next week the Wolves are at South Point. Time gets away from me once in awhile, like everyday.

NOW, where you are ? Looking at the map, the only place I could come up with from the clue you left is Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, (Lakes Superior and Huron), but then, I sat there and gave myself a headache trying to figure out what kind of work you're in. Still think it is connected to the US government, you living in northern Virginia... Sault Ste. Marie, I would think the biggest industry would be shipping and rail services, but what about all the other locations, I thought. That's why I still keep coming back to governmental services...I'm going to figure it out, one of these days.

Oh, about my tales, they're on the verge of banning me for life. They say I'm limited to one story per week. Some of the other posters have complained of chronic boredom after reading them, so for the sake of their mental health they've limited me.

Actually though, I do have a story about Canada, and it's the only one I told, this week, I think... This would have been in the 1970's, I had a week off from work. As you know, a lot of us guys, here, haven't been around much, and for me, until then, I'd never been north of Boone, or Winston-Salem, so I began to drive north, and would end up crossing the Canadian border. This was not on a main road, but a customs officer who looked to be as old as me (now) came to my window and asked if I hadf any alcoholic beverages with me. I thought, maybe he'd just had a nasty day and wanted a drink, that's how naive I was/am. Told him if he would tell me where to find it, I'd go get him something and a chaser, too. Fortunately, he had a sense of humor and explained if someone crosses the border that customs wanted to know if they were carrying, cigarettes, alcohol or a firearm (sounds like a typical bar customer from the side of the county that I won't name but rhymes with Best Lincolnnnn if you get my drift).

After driving into Canada, I stopped at a store for a soda. A police officer was there and I was looking at his uniform, which looked like any other but on his hat I noticed the metal lettering was OPP. My first thought was "Opie", what the hell does that mean. I finally realized it is Ontario Provincial Police. When leaving, I asked him about the speed limit signs with 100, on them. That's right, the sign just read 100, nothing else. His response was "Don't even think about it", and said speed here is measured in kilometers which is about 60 MPH. Something else I noticed, the sides of the roadways were very clean, no litter.

I would end up in the Quebec Province, where they speak french, Hey, that was a different ballpark. It was like being in the Twilight Zone. A KFC (They spelled it out then) sign read something like La Frit Poulet A La Kentucky, recall thinking, "I'll not forget that one." Frankly, I thought Canada was pretty impressive. The people were tolerant and it seemed like it wouldn't be a bad place to live. Got a feeling, though, when winter rolled in, my thin NC blood would probably send my assets back down the road...faninVA, for whatever reason you are up there, hope they don't make you stay until winter. I looked at a weather chart and Sault Ste. Marie, has over 300 inches of snow per year. That would be like living in Russia. But, being a Lincolnton person, you'll manage to handle it. :)

BFR, got a bad feeling that North Lincoln might be Lincoln County's best team, this year. With your connection to them you might want to come down and see them play.

G-G &G It's good to hear from you, Hope we're strong enough to fit in. We have to play all the other Lincoln County teams and I know it won't be easy.

LHSfaninVA, you're right, next week the Wolves are at South Point. Time gets away from me once in awhile, like everyday.

NOW, where you are ? Looking at the map, the only place I could come up with from the clue you left is Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, (Lakes Superior and Huron), but then, I sat there and gave myself a headache trying to figure out what kind of work you're in. Still think it is connected to the US government, you living in northern Virginia... Sault Ste. Marie, I would think the biggest industry would be shipping and rail services, but what about all the other locations, I thought. That's why I still keep coming back to governmental services...I'm going to figure it out, one of these days.

Oh, about my tales, they're on the verge of banning me for life. They say I'm limited to one story per week. Some of the other posters have complained of chronic boredom after reading them, so for the sake of their mental health they've limited me.

Actually though, I do have a story about Canada, and it's the only one I told, this week, I think... This would have been in the 1970's, I had a week off from work. As you know, a lot of us guys, here, haven't been around much, and for me, until then, I'd never been north of Boone, or Winston-Salem, so I began to drive north, and would end up crossing the Canadian border. This was not on a main road, but a customs officer who looked to be as old as me (now) came to my window and asked if I hadf any alcoholic beverages with me. I thought, maybe he'd just had a nasty day and wanted a drink, that's how naive I was/am. Told him if he would tell me where to find it, I'd go get him something and a chaser, too. Fortunately, he had a sense of humor and explained if someone crosses the border that customs wanted to know if they were carrying, cigarettes, alcohol or a firearm (sounds like a typical bar customer from the side of the county that I won't name but rhymes with Best Lincolnnnn if you get my drift).

After driving into Canada, I stopped at a store for a soda. A police officer was there and I was looking at his uniform, which looked like any other but on his hat I noticed the metal lettering was OPP. My first thought was "Opie", what the hell does that mean. I finally realized it is Ontario Provincial Police. When leaving, I asked him about the speed limit signs with 100, on them. That's right, the sign just read 100, nothing else. His response was "Don't even think about it", and said speed here is measured in kilometers which is about 60 MPH. Something else I noticed, the sides of the roadways were very clean, no litter.

I would end up in the Quebec Province, where they speak french, Hey, that was a different ballpark. It was like being in the Twilight Zone. A KFC (They spelled it out then) sign read something like La Frit Poulet A La Kentucky, recall thinking, "I'll not forget that one." Frankly, I thought Canada was pretty impressive. The people were tolerant and it seemed like it wouldn't be a bad place to live. Got a feeling, though, when winter rolled in, my thin NC blood would probably send my assets back down the road...faninVA, for whatever reason you are up there, hope they don't make you stay until winter. I looked at a weather chart and Sault Ste. Marie, has over 300 inches of snow per year. That would be like living in Russia. But, being a Lincolnton person, you'll manage to handle it. :)

BFR, got a bad feeling that North Lincoln might be Lincoln County's best team, this year. With your connection to them you might want to come down and see them play.

G-G &G It's good to hear from you, Hope we're strong enough to fit in. We have to play all the other Lincoln County teams and I know it won't be easy.
Dang you did some driving. Also you did very well with the open source information and the Google machine. We may have a analysis job for you if you are willing to come out of retirement...

Dang you did some driving. Also you did very well with the open source information and the Google machine. We may have a analysis job for you if you are willing to come out of retirement...
Thank you my friend, I feel honored but no, I enjoy retirement. Where I worked there were many employees but it would still be like comparing The One Stop to Walmart, if I'm right about where you work...Whatever you're doing, I surely wish you all the best. Remember, if you get tired of it, come on back home. :)

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT