ADVERTISEMENT

Legion Baseball

Davidson Co wins 4-3 over Rowan. Rowan season ends. Best of luck to Davidson Co
For the area 3 historians.....Historically with Rowan county is this considered pretty shocking having Davidson County beat them?

For the area 3 historians.....Historically with Rowan county is this considered pretty shocking having Davidson County beat them?
Be honest I don’t know enough about the history between Rowan n Davison Co. But I know Rowan has a rich history in baseball. Maybe someone with better knowledge than me can answer that question. Maybe Sportnut17 can. If I do find the number of wins between these 2 teams I will get back with the answer.

Rowan is one of the what I call powerhouses of Area III. The other 2 being Randolph and High Point. Though Davidson has had some fair teams the championship usually involves the 3 above teams.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Final game of Union County at Cherryville, series, top of the fourth, score is 0-0

Final score Union County beats Cherryville 4-2. Union will move on to play Rutherford County beginning tomorrow night at RS Central High School.

Last word on The Gaston Braves they were leading Asheville 5-3 in the 5th inning. The winner will play Shelby.

Final score Union County beats Cherryville 4-2. Union will move on to play Rutherford County beginning tomorrow night at RS Central High School.

Last word on The Gaston Braves they were leading Asheville 5-3 in the 5th inning. The winner will play Shelby.
Is this the earliest Cherryville has been out in a while?

Is this the earliest Cherryville has been out in a while?
usually, they make it to the semifinals and the tournament once in awhile.
BBB is right, they were up 2 runs in the bottom of the 6th, but Union County came back with a four run inning.

It may be. Cherryville was up 2-0 going into the 7th too. They'll be ready for the state tournament I'm sure.
Yeah, it's been a while. The last time Post 100 went out early in the Area IV playoffs was 2016. Going into this season Cherryville had won the past 4 Area IV titles and been the Area IV finals 6 straight years. However, I was concerned about their pitching depth going into the playoffs and that concern became greater when one of their best two pitchers experienced arm trouble during this series. Bottom line, they didn't have enough pitching to close out the last 2 games. Led 8-5 going into the bottom of the 6th in game 4 and led last night 2-0 going into the 7th. Newsome pitched great last night having a 2-hit shutout through 6 innings but tired in the 7th.

Reactions: Lincolnton
July 9 scores Area II

Wilmington Post 10 over Hope Mills. 16-0. Lead series 2-0.

Beaufort Post 99 over Hamlet Post 49. 6-5. Series tied 1-1.

Catch all of Shelby Post 82 here. Shelby at Gaston Braves tonight.

HIgh Point defeated Davidson County in Lexington tonight 1-0 to even the series at one game each. The series will shift to Finch Field in Thomasville , High Point's home field even though Finch Field is in Davidson County, tomorrow night.

Union County (6 seed) defeated Rutherford County (2 seed) 5-2 to take a 2-0 lead in the series. They have won the first two games giving up a total of only 4 runs....without using their ace pitcher Potts who pitched a complete game against Cherryville Monday night.

Union County (6 seed) defeated Rutherford County (2 seed) 5-2 to take a 2-0 lead in the series. They have won the first two games giving up a total of only 4 runs....without using their ace pitcher Potts who pitched a complete game against Cherryville Monday night.
Potts is their current ace but they had another guy Sellars that I think is shut down for the year. He was very good too. This has been a surprising run for Union in the playoffs. Very impressive.

Potts is their current ace but they had another guy Sellars that I think is shut down for the year. He was very good too. This has been a surprising run for Union in the playoffs. Very impressive.
You are correct. I understand that the college coach for the school he will be attending in the fall didn't want him pitching past June. They are actually missing a couple of players....only had 12 to 13 players for the games in the series vs Cherryville. Despite that they were impressive. They have an excellent defense and are aggressive at the plate and on the bases.

HIgh Point defeated Davidson County in Lexington tonight 1-0 to even the series at one game each. The series will shift to Finch Field in Thomasville , High Point's home field even though Finch Field is in Davidson County, tomorrow night.
Finch Field is in Thomasville and is owned by the City of Thomasville. Always wonder why they never have any players from Thomasville or East Davidson High Schools, both of which are in the Thomasville city limits.
Be nice if they could play on the field their parents own.

Last edited:
Area II

Wilmington Post 10 wins series against Hope Mills Post 32.
3 games to 0.

Hamlet Post 49 leads Carteret Post 99, 2 games to 1.

I know Wayne County swept Pitt last night. So Wayne will be a the state. Don't know who they will play in the Area Championship series. Or if that was it.
Garner and Chatham County are playing in the other series. Wayne County will play the winner. Can't find any info on the results of that series. The two teams finished the regular season tied for first in the Western Division of Area I.

1st 2 games of Post 82 vs Gaston has seen 2 players for Gaston getting tossed. Game 1 saw a player removed after going out towards the mound after getting struck out. Game 2 saw a player removed after basically carrying his bat to first after a HR. This came after a warning about a bat flip by another player. Gotta believe the emotions will be sky high for game 3 tonight.

• Wow
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT