ADVERTISEMENT

LaMelo Ball

ocdavis31

Nov 9, 2013
ESPN is reporting that Ball is returning to the United States from playing professionally in Lithuania, and that he will play high school basketball. Okay, so how does that work?

He will be playing at a Prep school and not a traditional school. It was originally thought he would play a year at Spire and then declare for the draft. However he has recently said he hopes to play college ball. His eligibility is a problem because he had a signature shoe and hired an agent. His father is claiming he never received any payments or profited but highly doubt the NCAA will allow him to play. I mean the Kansas player sat out the entire year because of a $60 meal....it’s a mess but it is the Ball’s trying to stay relevant.

He will be playing at a Prep school and not a traditional school. It was originally thought he would play a year at Spire and then declare for the draft. However he has recently said he hopes to play college ball. His eligibility is a problem because he had a signature shoe and hired an agent. His father is claiming he never received any payments or profited but highly doubt the NCAA will allow him to play. I mean the Kansas player sat out the entire year because of a $60 meal....it’s a mess but it is the Ball’s trying to stay relevant.
He mentioned Duke and UNC. I’d be really surprised if K or Roy had any time for the father’s BS. Even if the NCAA looked the other way. Calipari now........

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
If they are able to show that BBB was the payee from the pro team he will be eligible. The shoes were definitely funneled through the BBB which essentially goes through lavar. This is an unfortunate situation caused by lavar because Lamelo is most definitely a D1 player and future NBA player. It was stated a couple of years ago by scouts he is the most talented of the balls, Lavar needed to keep quiet and stay out of it and his boys would have been fine.

He mentioned Duke and UNC. I’d be really surprised if K or Roy had any time for the father’s BS. Even if the NCAA looked the other way. Calipari now........

I would be shocked if either Carolina or Duke offered this kid a full ride, especially given how Daddy Ball has slammed previous Coaches in regards to his sons......

No one to blame in this whole fiasco but Daddy Ball!

Reactions: Thatoneguy...
If they are able to show that BBB was the payee from the pro team he will be eligible. The shoes were definitely funneled through the BBB which essentially goes through lavar. This is an unfortunate situation caused by lavar because Lamelo is most definitely a D1 player and future NBA player. It was stated a couple of years ago by scouts he is the most talented of the balls, Lavar needed to keep quiet and stay out of it and his boys would have been fine.
Isn’t it still true that the NCAA considers a player to be a pro if he regularly plays on a team where the other players are pros? Whether he is actually paid.
League play, not Olympic style play.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
Isn’t it still true that the NCAA considers a player to be a pro if he regularly plays on a team where the other players are pros? Whether he is actually paid.
League play, not Olympic style play.
Not sure of the exact wording but essentially once a player is compensated in any manner due to his play he is considered a professional

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT