ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Norman vs Statesville

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
This should be a good game to take in. Last year Lake Norman won 14-13. Statesville came off a solid win this past week against Alexander Central 36-21. Lake Norman with a good win over North Meck 23-0. This should be a good ballgame and wouldn’t surprise me if Statesville pulls it out. Any thoughts

Reactions: Grey-Green and Gold
I like Statesville by 14 this week. Man that offense is explosive and really run to watch. I thought they did a great job against Alexander Central option/ mis-direction base offense. I think playing two option base teams back to back definitely helps your defense with play recognition.

I like Statesville by 14 this week. Man that offense is explosive and really run to watch. I thought they did a great job against Alexander Central option/ mis-direction base offense. I think playing two option base teams back to back definitely helps your defense with play recognition.
I like statesville here too, but let’s also be honest… it was AC. Lake Norman’s defense is much more stout than what AC presents. I think this will be a lower scoring game…

Statesville 23
Lake Norman 17

I like statesville here too, but let’s also be honest… it was AC. Lake Norman’s defense is much more stout than what AC presents. I think this will be a lower scoring game…

Statesville 23
Lake Norman 17
That’s about probably what you see. Limiting mistakes and turnovers will be key in this game. I look for another close one. But give me Statesville in this one.

Reactions: Champ_24
Interesting facts. Lake Norman beat Statesville last 2 years. But didn’t play each other since 2019. That year Statesville won 34-21. So Statesville is due for a win

It all depends if Statesville QB plays he was knocked out of the game at AC with an ankle injury and didn’t return . (He’s solid) If Statesville QB plays they have a shot to win otherwise no chance and get blown out .

From a distance, one would give Statesville the edge-playing in Greyhound Hollar, home crowd, etc.

However, upon closer inspection, those kids at Lake Norman have just been quietly doing their job, and not many people expected them to give North Mecklenburg a whupping.
I kind of expect the Lake Tide to keep on flowing this Friday and wash the Greyhounds in a close but not warm bath.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
From a distance, one would give Statesville the edge-playing in Greyhound Hollar, home crowd, etc.

However, upon closer inspection, those kids at Lake Norman have just been quietly doing their job, and not many people expected them to give North Mecklenburg a whupping.
I kind of expect the Lake Tide to keep on flowing this Friday and wash the Greyhounds in a close but not warm bath.
Game is at LKN not Statesville I think

One about the Mooresville area is that it keeps growing with more houses. If they can find land then it’s more homes. Will there be enough land to be able to build another school. Schools are getting over crowded as it is

New High School coming for Iredell County out off Withers Creek Rd., but Im hearing that no money was allocated for playing fields. Stay tuned for that one. Mooresville will try to avoid building another HS at all costs, so I’m told. Something about getting mixed up with the Iredell-Statesville school system, which no one wants.

It’s going to be a tough game. I’m planning on being there if nothing happens. Hopefully Statesville QB will be ok to play. I like to see what happens with all the starters in. Hopefully no injuries

It’s going to be a tough game. I’m planning on being there if nothing happens. Hopefully Statesville QB will be ok to play. I like to see what happens with all the starters in. Hopefully no injuries
Is somebody having "HOT Dogs" at their LN-Statesville Tailgating?

If I were you, Vik-Val, I would change my plans and come to Mt Airy where our Tailgating will be centered around "Chicken Wings" since we are playing the 2A East Surry "Cardinals". Last week it was "Hot Dogs" since we played the North Surry "Greyhounds". Bears won 50 to 14 win in case you missed it! It will mostly likely be more of the same this Friday.

If you come, come early and we will have plenty of "Wings" along with other fine vitals for your enjoyment.

Is somebody having "HOT Dogs" at their LN-Statesville Tailgating?

If I were you, Vik-Val, I would change my plans and come to Mt Airy where our Tailgating will be centered around "Chicken Wings" since we are playing the 2A East Surry "Cardinals". Last week it was "Hot Dogs" since we played the North Surry "Greyhounds". Bears won 50 to 14 win in case you missed it! It will mostly likely be more of the same this Friday.

If you come, come early and we will have plenty of "Wings" along with other fine vitals for your enjoyment.
This may be something for me think about. Wings sounds good. That game could be interesting as well

Just checked with Lake Norman Football on X. The postponed Statesville game will be shown at 6pm today on the NFHS app.
Thanks, also FM 92.9 carries the Statesville games on Friday. So I take it that they will carry this evening game as well. That is if your in the area to pick up the station.

Also the game will pick up in the 2nd with Statesville leading 14-7. If I remember correctly it was Lake Norman ball but unsure what time was left in the 2nd quarter

This should be a good game to take in. Last year Lake Norman won 14-13. Statesville came off a solid win this past week against Alexander Central 36-21. Lake Norman with a good win over North Meck 23-0. This should be a good ballgame and wouldn’t surprise me if Statesville pulls it out. Any thoughts
Statesville pulls it out 28-21. Good win

Statesville controlled the game. The score is very misleading. Very explosive team to watch

Statesville was the far superior team….boneheaded plays on special teams kept the score closer than it should have been. If Statesville would run more plays for Sherrill #3 watch out. He special. The back up qb who played the whole game is solid 3td passes. Being 6ft 5in with pretty good speed is a bonus . Glad to have two options at qb

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT