ADVERTISEMENT

KM @ Burns

The_Rev921

Sep 16, 2010
Late start on this thread...

Being the first of the CC rivalries, there should be more talk on this game. I believe both teams fans are holding their breath currently. Km on a short week and Burns hampered w/ injuries and Km being the toughest test to date for the Dogs. I dont know the status of some of our banged up guys but sure hope we get some important starters back, if not, the next man up will have to log heavy minutes and make some big plays. From what i have seen of KM, they are pretty big and athletic. Possibly their best team they have had in a few years? I like our Dogs chances at home and will need to score in the red zone and get some 3rd n longs and 3 n outs to help our thin team. If we can take care of the rock I think we can win this. KM is favored Id say and rightfully so, but you back a dog in the corner and he will defend himself...lets Go Dogs!

Late start on this thread...

Being the first of the CC rivalries, there should be more talk on this game. I believe both teams fans are holding their breath currently. Km on a short week and Burns hampered w/ injuries and Km being the toughest test to date for the Dogs. I dont know the status of some of our banged up guys but sure hope we get some important starters back, if not, the next man up will have to log heavy minutes and make some big plays. From what i have seen of KM, they are pretty big and athletic. Possibly their best team they have had in a few years? I like our Dogs chances at home and will need to score in the red zone and get some 3rd n longs and 3 n outs to help our thin team. If we can take care of the rock I think we can win this. KM is favored Id say and rightfully so, but you back a dog in the corner and he will defend himself...lets Go Dogs!

Not trying to be negative nancy....but since the first of the year, I've seen where people keep saying we're big.....we do have a couple of kids that look good in pads, but for the most part we are playing with average size kids, and in some cases undersized and slow. Not trying to be funny. The main advantage we have this year is that most of these kids have HAD to play for 2 or 3 years because of all the problems we had 2 and 3 years ago. Always tough going to Lawndale....2008 was last win (SWFoothills Champion)....we expect a Dawg Fight.

I am still getting used to this new format .i think the game can be competitive. Rev not sure about some of the injured. I know a couple of them will be game time decision. Bryson Allen should be back for east Rutherford . Kings mountain is a great team and it will be a huge challenge to stop that offense. We will have to get some pressure on burns. If not he will pick us apart with all those speedy receivers. I hope Nate black can continue playing on the level he did last week. I know the dogs will leave it all out there on the field and do their best.

Not trying to be negative nancy....but since the first of the year, I've seen where people keep saying we're big.....we do have a couple of kids that look good in pads, but for the most part we are playing with average size kids, and in some cases undersized and slow. Not trying to be funny. The main advantage we have this year is that most of these kids have HAD to play for 2 or 3 years because of all the problems we had 2 and 3 years ago. Always tough going to Lawndale....2008 was last win (SWFoothills Champion)....we expect a Dawg Fight.
sandbagger...they are big and fast enough.

I do not start threads I finish them. Look at the history of DBD and you will agree! You know me! KM is one of those teams that I like. They are not close enough in location to recruit. Nobody has rental houses or a rich former NFL player to pull strings. They don't only win a ring after a drought because they got transfers. They have a nice Field House that they actually paid for. They have colors that are not Green and Gold. The only common thing they have with Moss Lake is a district line instead of Crest players living there. Lloyd rhymes with Droid. Latham rhymes with virtually nothing on earth. The lights in the stadium do not go out unless turned off. They have one less ring than Burns. They have more uniforms than Oregon. They do not recruit. Greg rhymes with leg. Mark rhymes with Bark. Bulldogs bark which is a cool comparison. They know how to spell Rules without a Z on the end just to pull out the grammar police on others. They ALL LOVE ME DBD YOU KNOW ME. The inflatable Mountaineer is cool. They come out of the woods when they run on the field kind of like a mountaineer would but nobody on earth knows how they got down there. I assume they sneak to make it more dramatic. That is about it. Oh yea, Lloyd rhymes with Void.

Maybe some homework should be done on where some certain Burns players live. I know Camp for Burns (not Shelby) lives inside a district not known to many...
LOL, We got 30 players and this moron trying to take another one. SMH

Oh maybe you were talking about TJ Camp who lives in the middle of Shelby and plays for km. He transferred over to take the qb job but don't think that's working out too well. Every school in the county has players who live out of district ,,,,always have and always will.

KM craps bigger than Burns. This one is already over.
Do your parents know your gay? It's not over until I say it is. KM is a good team. Crazy things happen over here in Cleveland County. Not as crazy as Belmont. I mean your days of being the middle man in a circle jerk must have had a big impact on you. You represent a team that looks like Vern Troyer in a NBA game. The biting of the ankles is quite comical. Stuart Cramer was leading your conference last week. Say no more and scrape the pubes off your tonsils.

14-0 . Kings mountain . Not the blowout everyone said it would but not a win either . O line struggled with pass protection and creating holes and we had several dropped passes . We just could not get it going offensively . Kudos to the burns defense for keeping this explosive offense in check a good portion of the game .

Reactions: Old_Paw_Prints
14-0 . Kings mountain . Not the blowout everyone said it would but not a win either . O line struggled with pass protection and creating holes and we had several dropped passes . We just could not get it going offensively . Kudos to the burns defense for keeping this explosive offense in check a good portion of the game .

I know it's not a win but Burns defense must have played outstanding against a very explosive KM offense.

Watched some of second and third...both defenses played outstanding.... burns had major trouble protecting the Qb tonight....seemed like there was a KM defender running free every play in the backfield .....great progress for Burns si ce last season however and well played....KM congrats on big county win.....gonna be a huge game next week...

Our starting right tackle was out sick . The kid in his spot really struggled some as to be expected against a great d line . They blitzed often resulting in several sacks. That's not an excuse as km had a starting Rb out .Yes GDG the defense was outstanding . Coach Cogdill had a great game plan for them. For the first time since the q foundation maybe next week we get everybody back .

Proud of the Bulldogs tonight . Kids playing hurt and kids filling in for other sick players. It may not have all been pretty but we are all Bulldogs and we gave all we had ! Bulldognation!!!!

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Our starting right tackle was out sick . The kid in his spot really struggled some as to be expected against a great d line . They blitzed often resulting in several sacks. That's not an excuse as km had a starting Rb out .Yes GDG the defense was outstanding . Coach Cogdill had a great game plan for them. For the first time since the q foundation maybe next week we get everybody back .
Lawndog 12 played tough tonight and never complained one time that I saw . he showed good leadership out there.

I made it to Ron Greene Stadium about 2 min into the 1st Quarter. This is what i saw tonight from my box seats in the second row on the upper left side of the right section. Both defenses were on it!! Burns gave up one long drive in the second half and one big play in the first. I could have swore that kid stepped out but if he did not then kudos to him. Other than that it was a battle. KM could have taken some of our handoffs. I did not know until the 2nd quarter we had a lineman out and from my understanding it was our best one. KM exploited that and it worked. We could not block them. We could not pass without constant pressure. The Burns defense played their asses off and even in a 14-0 loss i am proud of the effort. No moral victories are allowed in my life unless I finish before my wife. That is another story. Great job by Burns and great game by KM. Best of luck to KM. They have a great team. Greg rhymes with peg (period) DBD OUT!!

Good hard fought game by both teams. Thanks to the good people of upper Cleveland Co for the post game meal. Best of luck to the dogs the rest of the year.

Many thoughts on the game last night. First off, KM QB has a great arm. If they had been able to connect on a couple of those throws this would have gotten ugly. KM did have some big kids and they definitely pass the eye test. Overall though, Burns is not very good and I expected a lot more out of KM. This was my first time watching them though.

As for Burns, the QB is a playmaker and I saw a few other great players mixed in. The problem seems to be the lack of depth and it was sad to see the drop off from just a couple of years ago. The offense was hard to watch. For an option team, it took a very long time for the plays to develop. The offensive line was really bad, almost as bad as Shelby's but not quite there. However, it seems like this may have been because of injuries.

Overall, I kind of get a "meh" vibe when trying to classify these teams. I expected good teams and the reality was mediocre at best.

Good hard fought game by both teams. Thanks to the good people of upper Cleveland Co for the post game meal. Best of luck to the dogs the rest of the year.
Thanks km. same to you guys . You guys are great sports and as humble a group As I have been around for a team that is undefeated . Best of luck Friday .

Many thoughts on the game last night. First off, KM QB has a great arm. If they had been able to connect on a couple of those throws this would have gotten ugly. KM did have some big kids and they definitely pass the eye test. Overall though, Burns is not very good and I expected a lot more out of KM. This was my first time watching them though.

As for Burns, the QB is a playmaker and I saw a few other great players mixed in. The problem seems to be the lack of depth and it was sad to see the drop off from just a couple of years ago. The offense was hard to watch. For an option team, it took a very long time for the plays to develop. The offensive line was really bad, almost as bad as Shelby's but not quite there. However, it seems like this may have been because of injuries.

Overall, I kind of get a "meh" vibe when trying to classify these teams. I expected good teams and the reality was mediocre at best.
Canis we have had rotten luck in the first 5 weeks - our starting right tackle , a d1 talent out sick. That is huge in the triple . Zack Leslie only played defense and is our best receiver . This due to shoulder issue . Aj camp played limited time and still not 100 percent . Bryson Allen showed true guts and played with a hurt shoulder . I can understand your assessment but the dogs can still be a good team and gel At the right time hopefully. We played our first game with everybody 100 percent and could have put 50 on the q foundation and they r not half bad based on their Scores with east Lincoln and Newton conover. Km just came off a monday night game that was very physical and lost a top running back also. Thanks for coming out last night and hope to see you back soon .

Canis what I saw last night was a under-maned Bulldog team that played with great passion and determination. so I really dont care what your thoughts were on the game.

Canis what I saw last night was a under-maned Bulldog team that played with great passion and determination. so I really dont care what your thoughts were on the game.

You cared enough to respond, and sometimes the truth hurts. I describe what I see, simple as that. Take your blinders off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT