ADVERTISEMENT

Just for Fun

Mitchell county mountie

Aug 27, 2015
These are all the 1a/1aa Playoff game predictions by CalPreps. Take them with a grain of salt...

1st round
1a East

1 West Columbus 21
8 Pamlico 48

4 Rosewood 31
5 Northside 28

3 Bear Grass 13
6 Perquimans 42

2 Northampton 38
7 North Duplin 8

1a west
1 Elkin 28
8 Andrews 17

4 Murphy 28
5 TJ 20

3 Mitchell 56
6 CTK 0

2 Robbinsville 35
7 WSP 19

1aa East
1 Tarboro 46
8 Manteo 3

4 Holmes 35
5 Princeton 26

3 East Carteret 44
6 Hobbton 26

2 Louisburg 42
7 Lakewood 19

1aa West
1 North Stanly 19
8 Polk 27

4 North Rowan 20
5 COD 17

3 PLP 17
6 Mount Airy 31

2 East Surry 49
7 North Moore 6

2nd round

1a East
8 Pamlico 34
4 Rosewood 35

6 Perquimans 30
2 Northampton 28

1a West
1 Elkin 17
4 Murphy 28

3 Mitchell 21
2 Robbinsville 20

1aa East
1 Tarboro 31
4 Holmes 22

3 East Carteret 35
2 Louisburg 34

1aa West
8 Polk 27
4 North Rowan 12

6 Mount Airy 17
2 East Surry 27

3rd round

1a East
4 Rosewood 35
6 Perquimans 31

1a West
4 Murphy 21
3 Mitchell 22

1aa East
1 Tarboro 44
3 East Carteret 14

1aa West
8 Polk 14
2 East Surry 31

Championship

1a
4 Rosewood 14
3 Mitchell 38

1aa
1 Tarboro 27
2 East Surry 26

So Mitchell by 1 over Robbinsville in Robbinsville the Mitchell over Murphy by 1 in Mitchell. That doesnt really add up.

These are all the 1a/1aa Playoff game predictions by CalPreps. Take them with a grain of salt...

1st round
1a East

1 West Columbus 21
8 Pamlico 48

4 Rosewood 31
5 Northside 28

3 Bear Grass 13
6 Perquimans 42

2 Northampton 38
7 North Duplin 8

1a west
1 Elkin 28
8 Andrews 17

4 Murphy 28
5 TJ 20

3 Mitchell 56
6 CTK 0

2 Robbinsville 35
7 WSP 19

1aa East
1 Tarboro 46
8 Manteo 3

4 Holmes 35
5 Princeton 26

3 East Carteret 44
6 Hobbton 26

2 Louisburg 42
7 Lakewood 19

1aa West
1 North Stanly 19
8 Polk 27

4 North Rowan 20
5 COD 17

3 PLP 17
6 Mount Airy 31

2 East Surry 49
7 North Moore 6

2nd round

1a East
8 Pamlico 34
4 Rosewood 35

6 Perquimans 30
2 Northampton 28

1a West
1 Elkin 17
4 Murphy 28

3 Mitchell 21
2 Robbinsville 20

1aa East
1 Tarboro 31
4 Holmes 22

3 East Carteret 35
2 Louisburg 34

1aa West
8 Polk 27
4 North Rowan 12

6 Mount Airy 17
2 East Surry 27

3rd round

1a East
4 Rosewood 35
6 Perquimans 31

1a West
4 Murphy 21
3 Mitchell 22

1aa East
1 Tarboro 44
3 East Carteret 14

1aa West
8 Polk 14
2 East Surry 31

Championship

1a
4 Rosewood 14
3 Mitchell 38

1aa
1 Tarboro 27
2 East Surry 26
I like it, though I'd like better with Polk winning the last two games better !!

Dang we really need to play !!!! I really hate it for those guys that won every game this year and that was the first time in school history they had a undefeated season and to end it like that sucks .... I had watched the play (nfhs network) and they were a darn good looking team

really feel bad for the seniors on the north Stanley team they were undefeated for the first time in school history and its all done now because of covid , I think we would have ended it for them Friday but at least they would have had some say in it not just taken from them , congratulations on a great season .

Those picks will change weekly.

Also I'm sure you can look at the out come with home teams instead of neutral field. At least you could in regular season.

Those picks will change weekly.

Also I'm sure you can look at the out come with home teams instead of neutral field. At least you could in regular season.
Yeah they go directly off of MaxPreps weekly ranking. I didnt put them up there to say that anyone would win anything, just thought it would be fun to see how accurate they were at the end of the regular season.

Just for fun...
Who has the advantage if Mitchell and Robbinsville meet up.?

Quarterback
Running Back
Offensive Line
Defensive Line
Linebackers
Kicking Game/Special Teams
Experience

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Qb- Robbinsville, Mitchell starts a Soph.
Rb- Obviously Hooper
OL- Rville experience
DL- see above
LB- even
Kicking/ST-even
Experience-Rville, Mitchell only has like 6 Seniors

Thats how I see it.

Go Mountaineers

Robbinsville kicking/special teams
And maybe experience.
I don't know much about Mitchell's QB but I'll go with ours.

Rb- Obviously Hooper
OL- Rville experience
DL- see above
LB- even
Kicking/ST-even

Thats how I see it.

Go Mountaineers
Believe it or not but Robbinsville may have the best kicking game in the state

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Just for fun...
Who has the advantage if Mitchell and Robbinsville meet up.?

Quarterback
Running Back
Offensive Line
Defensive Line
Linebackers
Kicking Game/Special Teams
Experience
Wow..now that puts it all in perspective..Maybe Mitchell should just challenge you guys at a game of checkers...Robbinsville rolls

What is going to come of this is some undefined schools are going to be out with covid and the winner of the state championship games are going to be called Illegitimate winner. What a screwed-up 2020-2021 football season. If nothing else it will be in the NCHSAA history section as the year of COVID-19 With 2 football State Champions 1A - 1AA through 4A -4AA in the same year 2021 unless it carries over to the fall season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mopar forever
Oh, pay no attention to the Mitchell fans they are great at sandbagging

Rb- Obviously Hooper
OL- Rville experience
DL- see above
LB- even
Kicking/ST-even

Thats how I see it.

Go Mountaineers
According to Maxpreps, Mitchell has 12 seniors 🙄

Reactions: BK13T-$
Oh, pay no attention to the Mitchell fans they are great at sandbagging
As I mentioned earlier, no sandbagging from me. Just giving my opinion. Granted it isn’t worth much but It is mine.

Go Mountaineers

Well as far comparing the QB's in the stats I'm sure most have looked on Maxpreps R - Passing 637 Rushing 369
M - Passing 612 Rushing 599.. but you definitely have to give experience advantage to Robbinsville with a Sr QB to Mitchell's SO QB.
Mitchell has experience as far as WR's though as mentioned lost a good SR in the first game plus I'd say experience in RB's and LB's
But a first year sophomore QB and a whole new line from last year. Mitchell's new line has played really well this year, I don't how many of Robbinsville line started last year ,though only two Seniors there are six juniors but another thing that concerns me is they have 6 more lineman then Mitchell while some may not play much but if they do rotate them all or some even just playing one way you can wear the other team down.
Both have good size what are they feeding boys these days we were 3A in the 80's and my senior year was probably the closes to the size today and we had 3 D1 players one became a 2nd team all american another one all ACC seems they've gotten bigger ever year.
As for kicking except maybe if it came down to a FG which Mitchell kicker hasn't attempted yet and the Robville kicker has 3 one for 35 yards but other wise I don't see a huge advantage the punts not lot of difference and kick offs Mitchell has had 3 touchbacks Rville 0 Mitchells new kicker has gotten better at both kick offs and punts each game.

Last edited:
Well as far comparing the QB's in the stats I'm sure most have looked on Maxpreps R - Passing 637 Rushing 369
M - Passing 612 Rushing 599.. but you definitely have to give experience advantage to Robbinsville with a Sr QB to Mitchell's SO QB..
Stats don't begin to tell the story with Robbinsville's QB, he's a threat that has to be accounted for at all times and that frees things up for those around him. He's the best skill athlete in the SMC.

He got pretty banged up on a play in the Murphy game though and didnt play defense for basically the entirety of the 2nd half. He stayed in at QB but didn't look close to 100% to me, hopefully he's healed up soon.

Stats don't begin to tell the story with Robbinsville's QB, he's a threat that has to be accounted for at all times and that frees things up for those around him. He's the best skill athlete in the SMC.

He got pretty banged up on a play in the Murphy game though and didnt play defense for basically the entirety of the 2nd half. He stayed in at QB but didn't look close to 100% to me, hopefully he's healed up soon.
Well that's what I was trying to say you have the stats but like you say stats don't tell the whole story with anyone and why I mentioned that he's a senior, it's not that Mitchell's QB doesn't have tatent he does but those extra two years of playing plus playing on a team at that level really helps with things like decision making on the field. I hope he's okay and healthy for the playoffs Mitchell knows to well about having a Sr QB getting injured and not getting to play at or near 100% so I hope that doesn't happen to him

Reactions: mbdfan
Well that's what I was trying to say you have the stats but like you say stats don't tell the whole story with anyone and why I mentioned that he's a senior, it's not that Mitchell's QB doesn't have tatent he does but those extra two years of playing plus playing on a team at that level really helps with things like decision making on the field. I hope he's okay and healthy for the playoffs Mitchell knows to well about having a Sr QB getting injured and not getting to play at or near 100% so I hope that doesn't happen to him
Hes good..back at 100%

1a west
1 Elkin 28
8 Andrews 17

4 Murphy 28
5 TJ 22

3 Mitchell 48
6 CTK 6

2 Robbinsville 42
7 WSP 14

1aa West
8 Polk 24