ADVERTISEMENT

JUNE 27th ALL EYES WILL B IN LAURINBURG N.C.

ruleman77

Jul 27, 2016
DA BALL HAS SPOKEN AGAIN. D Home Depot College Game Day Crew will b there., LEE CORSO, KIRK HERBSTREIT, DESMOND HOWARD, with d Met Life Bimp will fly over d school when he raise d cap and light up d name of d school which he has chosen.. OH WHAT A DAY 2 B A TARHEEL FAN.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
going t
the reason i ask look what happen to Chris L2ake, Riley Fregerson, Lemay s going 2 them big school and NO PLAYING TIME MUCH AT ALL.
go where u would start every game. that's what u r there 4 to PLAY

Marquez North, DJ Humphries, Keith Marshall, Jonathan Bullard, Alex McCalister, Todd Gurley all North Carolina kids in the NFL. All played at them big schools.

Riley Ferguson was not ready, had nothing to do with the school. He threw for 3698 yds & 32 TD's @ Memphis last year. He would have put up similar numbers, if he stayed at Tennessee. He will be drafted this year, if he stays healthy. Schools don't make you! Your success is not based on the school you attend. It's up to you.

Come on Man! Go to Carolina where you don't have to compete. That's your advice?

Last edited:
Tar Heels! He has a chance to be a part of a program on he rise! Fedora is doing work there. Has a ton to replace this year so we'lol see how these recruits pan out quickly. Like one Chazz Surratt this year.

Tar Heels! He has a chance to be a part of a program on he rise! Fedora is doing work there. Has a ton to replace this year so we'lol see how these recruits pan out quickly. Like one Chazz Surratt this year.

Lol! There is nothing on the rise. Other than the basketball team getting their next big recruit. Neither Logan or Surratt are ready, That's why they were after Notre Dame QB Malik Zaire, who transferred to Florida.They signed Brandon Harris from LSU for a reason. Fedora is a nice guy, but average coach who coaches college football. That's it!

Last edited:
Lol! There is nothing on the rise. Other than the basketball team getting their next big recruit. Neither Logan or Surratt are ready, That's why they were after Notre Dame QB Malik Zaire, who transferred to Florida.They signed Brandon Harris from LSU for a reason. Fedora is a nice guy, but average coach who coaches college football. That's it!
The distaste in your mouth and that which come out of your mouth (heart) never changes.

We will see! You're right, both QB's are not ready. This will be a tough year then we'll see what previous recruiting has produced.

You must really hate UNC!!!!!

I do hate unc
Even though I will be teaching a few courses chicken cooking 101 and all things pigs. On behalf of athletic dept prof ct147

How exactly is UNC a program on the rise? If anything I would argue (objectively) it's a decline.

UNC has 19 wins over the past 2 seasons, only Michigan, Clemson, Alabama and Ohio State have more in the Power 5 conferences.

Just had their starting QB of the 2016 season get drafted #2 overall with 5 other guys getting selected in the NFL Draft.

The Heels just got a commitment from a 4-star Elite 11 QB who had offers from Alabama, Michigan, Georgia, FSU among others.

They currently already have four 4 star recruits signed for the 2018 class, the same amount they had for 2017.

Look for homegrown guys like Jonathan Smith (Scotland), Jordan Brown (Southern Durham), Garrett Walston (New Hanover), Jake Lawler (South Meck) and others to take that next step this year.

Not sure I would call the current state of the UNC football program, in decline mode, but that is my opinion.

Good luck to Mr. White and his decision today, wish him and his family the best wherever he goes.

Reactions: portcity FB
-2016 season carries a lot more weight than 2015 season. 2017 should see a decrease in UNC football wins this year, that would be 2 years in a row with reduced win totals. Even the biggest UNC fan would have to admit this will be a down year and expectations should be tempered. After the ODU game, only see WCU, UVA and Duke as "guaranteed" wins. You absolutely could be looking at a 8 loss season and no bowl game.

-Draft has no impact on the quality of the product you will field this year. If you want to use the draft, consider this post draft scenario.....who will throw it and who will catch it or even run it? I don't see elite P5 quality (including experience) going into the season.

-I do think your 2018 QB commit will be a baller in the ACC. Needs to bulk up, but that's true of about 99% of all players going into D1 program(s). Wilson is a stud and Lawler should be a great one as well.

-Like you, wishing Zeus the best....wish more top talent would stay in the state.

I agree that UNC will have some holes to fill and none bigger than QB. Since 1998 UNC has put some very good college QBs on the field. Curry, Durant, Yates, Renner, William, and Trubisky. White could make a big impact his freshman year at UNC but if they have QB issues the running game will struggle as well.

-2016 season carries a lot more weight than 2015 season. 2017 should see a decrease in UNC football wins this year, that would be 2 years in a row with reduced win totals. Even the biggest UNC fan would have to admit this will be a down year and expectations should be tempered. After the ODU game, only see WCU, UVA and Duke as "guaranteed" wins. You absolutely could be looking at a 8 loss season and no bowl game.

-Draft has no impact on the quality of the product you will field this year. If you want to use the draft, consider this post draft scenario.....who will throw it and who will catch it or even run it? I don't see elite P5 quality (including experience) going into the season.

-I do think your 2018 QB commit will be a baller in the ACC. Needs to bulk up, but that's true of about 99% of all players going into D1 program(s). Wilson is a stud and Lawler should be a great one as well.

-Like you, wishing Zeus the best....wish more top talent would stay in the state.

Draft does have an impact on the state of the program. You don't think the 4 star QB that chose UNC over Bama, FSU and others noticed that Mitch was the #1 QB taken?

The multiple grad transfers that signed with UNC this off-season will help shore up some weaknesses. Will it be enough? Who knows, but it will be fun to watch these local kids compete every Saturday. Should be a fun season in the ACC.

Last edited:
I referenced that last years draft has no impact on the quality of THIS year's team. The only arguement you could make is that playing time would be available in 2017, otherwise the draft has minimal impact on your 2017 class, the return would be much greater in 2018 class/team.

Regarding your QB analogy...he probably noticed UNC had almost immediate playing time as "something to offer".... The more likely scenario was that he believed playing time was less certain (JH at Alabama for example was a freshman last year and I'm not sure that your incoming 2018 commit sees the field other than a runout for at least 2 years if he plays for Saban) at other schools with established young guns like Alabama or Florida State. I really do not see a strong correlation between Mitch being the first QB in the draft and this young man coming in next year. UNC is known for many areas of excellence, QBs in the NFL is not one of them!

The argument I'm making in regards to their successful draft is that it puts them on the map, kids are noticing where these guys are coming from.

He made his decision right after the draft, I'm going to throw in a date with my wife that seeing Mitch go #2 had an effect on his decision. How big, I don't know, but there's a reason UNC has signed several high quality kids since the draft.

My point is that, in my opinion, the UNC program is far from being in a "decline", that's all.

I am as much of an ABC guy as 99% of those people who loathe the Heels, so I'm sure mine is just wishful thinking anyway.....

We can pick this one back up in December, a lot of football to be played between now and then.....

To get this topic back on track......Props to Mr. White, a big day for him and his family...wishing him a long and storied career at the next level and possibly beyond.

I am as much of an ABC guy as 99% of those people who loathe the Heels, so I'm sure mine is just wishful thinking anyway.....

We can pick this one back up in December, a lot of football to be played between now and then.....

Nothing wrong with admitting that you are an ABC'er. Hoping for another fun year in both high school and college football this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT