ADVERTISEMENT

Jacksonville vs Hunt

I actually think the Cards better bring an unworldly offense, because Hunt's defense is sick.
Well offense has not been a problem for the Cards. They have faced really solid defense this season and not really have issues. New Bern your not going to get more sick of a defense then that. Havelock folks are sleeping on but they are going to find out that they are still Havelock. They are just a little young this year. Rose was solid. So far nobody has been able to stop us offensively. Passing team is tve problem for us. The long passing plays.

Hunt being slept on big time in the 3a east. They have a nasty defense
I can’t speak for everyone else but I can darn sure tell you who is not sleeping on them. Cards know that they are going against a solid team that they had better be ready for or they starting basketball practice Monday. I think just like Hunt maybe being slept on . Jacksonville is flying under tve radar also. But that’s ok we like it like that. All I can say is that defense had better be in shape. The Cards play at a crazy pace on offense. They go 4 running backs deep 3 who will take it to the house at anytime they touch it if they get a opening and they got a 225lb man child who will wear a defense down and running over and away from folks as well. Everyone knows if that defense makes one mistake and misreads the QB it’s off to the races. Not many are able to catch him. So it should be a good one. I think it will come down to turnovers. Hopefully the lives up to be what it’s supposed to be. That’s a great game between two solid teams. I wish for a injury free game for both teams.

Hunts defense has played lights out putting up several Doughnuts on its competitors. But to prepare for their offense you need a computer main frame to breakdown all the formations and sets this guy uses. Beat Rose running the straight Tee and ball control before they got there QB back from injury in spring to now have thrown for 1100 yards in just eight games to a host of receivers an running backs. I pray for injury free game and a Warrior win!

I know it might be a bit of a stretch but can you imagine a hunt vs northern Nash regional final? Or a southern Nash vs Northern Nash regional final? I mean you want to talk about one incredible atmosphere. I know a lot has to happen for that to happen but man one can dream right

I know it might be a bit of a stretch but can you imagine a hunt vs northern Nash regional final? Or a southern Nash vs Northern Nash regional final? I mean you want to talk about one incredible atmosphere. I know a lot has to happen for that to happen but man one can dream right
I'd go to SN NN.

Congrats to Jacksonville you did win but you had plenty of help from the convicts in black pants. It’s a travesty that they can’t let the kids finish it on the field.
First time with ball we stalled in red zone but second was a TD and was confirmed by the officials observer. Then on PAT player hurdles our tackle due to the fact the ball wasn’t snapped but on offsides or hurdling player was called but all five convicts missed it that tells me it was blatant or worst crew in NCHS Football maybe a little of both. So Todd Brewer and company after this we all hope you can’t even get a flag football league game. What does around comes around gentleman.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
Congrats to Jacksonville you did win but you had plenty of help from the convicts in black pants. It’s a travesty that they can’t let the kids finish it on the field.
First time with ball we stalled in red zone but second was a TD and was confirmed by the officials observer. Then on PAT player hurdles our tackle due to the fact the ball wasn’t snapped but on offsides or hurdling player was called but all five convicts missed it that tells me it was blatant or worst crew in NCHS Football maybe a little of both. So Todd Brewer and company after this we all hope you can’t even get a flag football league game. What does around comes around gentleman.
Hmm. So that’s what it was? Well how about all those questionable spots of the ball in you guys favor? Anyone can go on NHFS and watch the game themselves. Why can’t it ever just be congratulations to the team that won?

• Haha
I hope everyone watches but especially the officials of that game and tell me
1 was that a catch or not head official observer said it was so
2 did the Jacksonville player hurdle the line and land both feet before ball snapped
Not taking anything away from the players from both teams it was a exciting game and both played there hearts out
But to see it taken away from them on those two plays and the game has a different outcome. Best of Luck against Lee County guys !

By Andrew Schnittker

aschnittker@wilsontimes.com | 252-265-7807 | Twitter: @aschnitt53
Despite battling to the final whistle and putting up 359 yards of offense, Hunt’s season came to an end in heartbreaking fashion with a 21-20 loss to Jacksonville in the second round of the North Carolina High School Athletic Association 3-A playoffs at Warrior Stadium on Friday night.
The 4-seed Warriors (9-3) piled up 309 rushing yards on 51 carries, led by CJ Joyner (23 carries, 161 yards, two touchdowns) and Timire King (23 carries, 122 yards) and got another strong effort on defense. However, a trio of turnovers and some untimely mistakes doomed the team in a season-ending loss to the 13-seed Cardinals (9-2)
Now Does that Answer the Question of great Defense

By Andrew Schnittker

aschnittker@wilsontimes.com | 252-265-7807 | Twitter: @aschnitt53
Despite battling to the final whistle and putting up 359 yards of offense, Hunt’s season came to an end in heartbreaking fashion with a 21-20 loss to Jacksonville in the second round of the North Carolina High School Athletic Association 3-A playoffs at Warrior Stadium on Friday night.
The 4-seed Warriors (9-3) piled up 309 rushing yards on 51 carries, led by CJ Joyner (23 carries, 161 yards, two touchdowns) and Timire King (23 carries, 122 yards) and got another strong effort on defense. However, a trio of turnovers and some untimely mistakes doomed the team in a season-ending loss to the 13-seed Cardinals (9-2)
Now Does that Answer the Question of great Defense
No not really. The other team scored one more point then they did. Great defense is totally shutting the other team down and they didn’t. They loaded the box all night to stop the run. How did they get beat? By the run. With the running back by committee and keeping them all fresh. As long as they stayed in that defense Cards knew eventually one of those backs was going to break through. That’s exactly what happened. Is the defense of the warriors great? Without question. Besides New Bern was the best hardest hitting that we have faced. The two backs were the best we have faced without a doubt and those kids played their tails off. Key to the game don’t know how good your kicking game is. One of those trips in the red zone should have kicked it. It’s a shame someone had to lose. Tve kids on both side played their hearts out. There definitely were allot of questionable calls against both teams. But they did give you guys some really favorable spots of the ball. Again anyone who watches the game can see. Yes the Cards will need to come to play against Lee County without a doubt. That’s a great program. Hunt definitely the second best overall team we have faced this season. Besides the Bears of New Bern.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT