ADVERTISEMENT

Is there a way to track this stat?

Middle Sound Heel

Dec 24, 2003
Do HS QBs coached by Tommy Knotts have the most TD passes all time? I'm very curious and think the answer is probably yes. I know Leak had at the time 185 TD passes. But I'm watch UCLA vs Arizona and they showed stat Arizona QB had 195 pass TDs. Got me thinking as good as Knotts has been with many other QBs he may lead in all time TDs and maybe total yardage passing. I'd sure like some stats if anybody could break it down.

And if Knotts can be verified for the record I'd like to know the numbers and who is in second for passing TDs and passing yardage? Or are these impossible stats I am asking for?

You would have to go back through each season to get the numbers and that would be hard to do once you went back about 20-25 years.

His QBs from the 1980's and 1990's did not put up the numbers they do today but for that time period it was on the very high side. His first coaching job, QB coach and OC, was at Indy and the QB was Mark Maye.

Jimmy Teagues' team of Reidsville (25 years at Reidsville plus 8 or more years at other schools) would have to be near the top with TD passes..........would take someone with a load of time to figure those kind of stats out.........

I would think he would be up there nationally because of the numbers Leak put up 185 TDs and Cox behind Leak put up about 120. That's close to 300 for those 2 alone but even then you would have to take off Cox senior year TDs because Knotts was at Duke that year. But add in all his days at Harding and West Charlotte, Indy and now Dutch fork I have a feeling Knotts almost certainly has to be at the top I would guess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT