ADVERTISEMENT

Interview: Savion LittleJohn - Reagan HS Football MLB/ Cancer Survivor tonight @ 7:30pm

rhayes171

Apr 22, 2015
Winston Salem
www.blogtalkradio.com
Interview Live at 7:30pm tonight click here
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/access...ejohn--reagan-hs-football-mlb-cancer-survivor

Savion Littlejohn is a senior MLB for the Reagan High School football team lead by head coach Josh McGee in Pfafftown, NC. As a junior, Savion was a part of the best season in Reagan football history. The team went 12-0 winning the Central Piedmont 4A Conference Championship. Regan won it's first two State playoffs games, which was also a first for the school. Prior to the third round game, Savion started having pain in his back, it was so severe that he was held out that game.

After the pain became more severe, Savion and his family decided that he should go see a doctor. After all the test were ran, he received the news that he had been diagnosed with Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma "Cancer" it was a tumor in his back. It rendered him unable to walk from what he thought was just a sports related injury. At first I thought, to be completely honest, I thought my life was coming to an end, cancer is a scary word for anybody. I was scared at the moment.? - Savion Littlejohn From November-April, Savion spent it in a room at Brenner Children's Hospital were he had undergone multiple treatments of chemotherapy to attack the cancer.

Through the trials of chemotherapy — sores in his mouth and throat that left him unable to eat after the second wave of treatment, fever and burning pain in his extremities during the current third wave — he keeps fighting. Mason Linker - Winston Salem Journal

The Reagan Football team, school and community rallied around him. They raised money my selling $3 bracelets that had Savion Soldier on the top and on the bottom the words "No Raider Rides Alone" His teammates and friends visited him in the hospital frequently providing food for him and his family three days a week. In April 2015, Savion received the news that he was cancer free. Knowing football season was around the corner, he began working out to get stronger so he could be ready.

Reactions: mactazheels
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT