ADVERTISEMENT

Independence vs Charlotte Catholic

MC, Indy, Hough are on a different level right now. Then add WC 1A. Think Indy wins and wins convincingly. Those 4 should be favored in the rest of their games unless playing each other.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Wow...just looking at that Indy schedule. Really soft. Catholic might be the best team they play.
I literally said that in a post a month or so ago. I was told how great Myers Park would be which I didn’t really buy into. Now the conference is down because of Butler being not good but to be fair they played a stiff non conference schedule. I would have loved them to test themselves like Mallard Creek, Weddington and Butler with their non conference schedule.

Indy should win this game.

Big fan of McFadden but I agree that schedule is super weak in non conference. Butler and creek load up on non conference, idk how Indy ends up with schools like MP and south meck..way to play “youth ball” like schedule. They might only want to drive 20 minutes tops for games 🤷🏾‍♂️lol. I think I saw fans on social media challenge Indy’s schedule as well. McFaddens rebuttal was they have played butler, grimsley, and east Forsyth recently. Buddy you ain’t schedule none of those teams, butler is a conference game and the other 2 you saw in the playoffs lol. Include the context next time. My gut feeling is they will load up next season now that they are expected to actually quality teams, not Charlotte Christian, hickory ridge and south neck.

Still think butler can give them a game depending on health and where that team is at mentally by then. Talent wise Indy is good but they haven’t faced a team that can match up with them since maybe Myers Park? SW4A is down this season but butler played it close with some top notch teams with a brand new scheme and key guys banged up on both sides.

Indy should win this game.

Big fan of McFadden but I agree that schedule is super weak in non conference. Butler and creek load up on non conference, idk how Indy ends up with schools like MP and south meck..way to play “youth ball” like schedule. They might only want to drive 20 minutes tops for games 🤷🏾‍♂️lol. I think I saw fans on social media challenge Indy’s schedule as well. McFaddens rebuttal was they have played butler, grimsley, and east Forsyth recently. Buddy you ain’t schedule none of those teams, butler is a conference game and the other 2 you saw in the playoffs lol. Include the context next time. My gut feeling is they will load up next season now that they are expected to actually quality teams, not Charlotte Christian, hickory ridge and south neck.

Still think butler can give them a game depending on health and where that team is at mentally by then. Talent wise Indy is good but they haven’t faced a team that can match up with them since maybe Myers Park? SW4A is down this season but butler played it close with some top notch teams with a brand new scheme and key guys banged up on both sides.
100% agree with this. Indy should very well be 10-0 going into the playoffs. Depending on if Lawerence can get back in time, I think Butler will give them a good fight, but as of right now, I still like Indy's talent to prevail in that one. I will say that Indy's schedule does them no favors going into the playoffs. I don't really think they'll be battle-tested enough. I think they have a great team, but I just don't see them in the same tier as teams like Weddington, Creek, Hough, Grimsley, or any of the other top dawgs in the west. Their playoff experience will help them a lot, though. Their key to beating those top dawgs will be putting the ball in their stud rb hands. He was the leading force behind their Cinderella run last year. I definitely think he can lead them on a run again.

Indy was down when Mcfadden took over so they didn’t have the toughest schedule which I understand. It seemed like they replaced Mallard Creek with Myers Park. I wonder why that wasn’t ran back. Indy vs Dutch Fork would have been good since Butler played Irmo.

Charlotte Christian is a good team. Mallard Creek game last year was a 3rd party deal in the CLT Kickoff Classic, just like Myers Park was this year with the Panthers.

Hickory Ridge was a good program when that game was scheduled. Evans at South Meck is friends with McFadden, I'm sure that plays a role in why they play South.

Scheduling contracts open up after this season, they'll have an opportunity to make changes, but the realignment will need to shake out first. Lot of teams will have new opponents next season.

Charlotte Christian is a good team. Mallard Creek game last year was a 3rd party deal in the CLT Kickoff Classic, just like Myers Park was this year with the Panthers.

Hickory Ridge was a good program when that game was scheduled. Evans at South Meck is friends with McFadden, I'm sure that plays a role in why they play South.

Scheduling contracts open up after this season, they'll have an opportunity to make changes, but the realignment will need to shake out first. Lot of teams will have new opponents next season.
Christian is well coached but they are average to decent in some spots. I understand the Evans connection but south meck is weak. Myers Park isn’t all that either and they knew that when they scheduled them. I do give credit they tried west Charlotte and it fell through so they had to go towards Christian. I’m just looking around and see how Mallard Creek schedules every year, I see how butler schedules as well every year. They have multiple marquee non conference games that will challenge them exceptionally, and give us fans some exciting match ups..Indy is far from that based on the talent they have and their goals, which I’m sure they want that state ring. This is Mcfadden’s 4th year there? He’s been there long enough to beef up that non conference…especially since SW4A is usually top heavy with them and butler (and Catholic for these 4 years until realignment).

Side note, I wish Catholic could stay in this conference…but I’m sure they are glad to leave.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT