ADVERTISEMENT

Independence High football

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Looking at Independence high football schedule. How will they do this season.

8/22 vs Myers Park ( Thurs Game )
8/30 @ Hickory Ridge
9/6 Charlotte Christian
9/13 @ South Meck
9/27 vs Charlotte Catholic
10/4 @ Garinger
10/10 vs Providence
10/18 @ East Meck
10/25 @ Rocky River
11/1 vs Butler

Last edited:
There only 5 games that are tough imo - Winnable schedule
The only tough game they have is Butler. They should be undefeated going into that game. The issue with West Charlotte is unfortunate so getting a replacement is tough. Replacing Mallard Creek with Myers Park is a head scratcher. I wish they would have tried to get a tougher opponent.

The only tough game they have is Butler. They should be undefeated going into that game. The issue with West Charlotte is unfortunate so getting a replacement is tough. Replacing Mallard Creek with Myers Park is a head scratcher. I wish they would have tried to get a tougher opponent.
MP will be better this year. Got a nice qb in. They could beat Indy or make it very tough. Don't overlook MP. They are still a big transfer destination.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
MP - Catholic - South Meck - CLT Christian and Butler are their toughest games

MP will be better this year. Got a nice qb in. They could beat Indy or make it very tough. Don't overlook MP. They are still a big transfer destination.
Indy can name the score against Myers Park. If Indy is the second best transfer destination added to a team that already a game away from the championship, I don’t see it being particularly close.

Indy can name the score against Myers Park. If Indy is the second best transfer destination added to a team that already a game away from the championship, I don’t see it being particularly close.
I don't know where they came from, but Myers Park has about 9-10 different kids with D1 offers on their roster this year.

Johsh Hines: WVU,
Rodney Dunham: LSU
Elijah Barber: Lenoir Rhyne
Brody Keefe: Michigan State
Camdin Portis: Ohio State
James Remsen: App State
Jared Lockhart: James Madison
Chaz Portis: Howard University

The above is just the ones I know of. I heard there are more. They have shirts made saying MP vs EVERYBODY. I don't know about that one man. I believe it will be an exciting game.

Johsh Hines: WVU,
Rodney Dunham: LSU
Elijah Barber: Lenoir Rhyne
Brody Keefe: Michigan State
Camdin Portis: Ohio State
James Remsen: App State
Jared Lockhart: James Madison
Chaz Portis: Howard University

The above is just the ones I know of. I heard there are more. They have shirts made saying MP vs EVERYBODY. I don't know about that one man. I believe it will be an exciting game.
There was a sizable gap between the two schools last year and although Myers Park got better so did Independence. It’s hard to unsee what happened to MP against Catholic who was third in the conference. In other words they have a lot of ground to make up for me to think this game will be competitive.

There was a sizable gap between the two schools last year and although Myers Park got better so did Independence. It’s hard to unsee what happened to MP against Catholic who was third in the conference. In other words they have a lot of ground to make up for me to think this game will be competitive.
Styles make fights. Indy has seen CC in conference last 3 seasons vs. MP hasn't seen them in years. Also MP lost close to Christian, Hough, and SV Early. Then cruised in conf. Think CC was a matchup nightmare. MP will be much more improved.

Indy lost to WC, and MC. Who went round robin with Chambers so u can't just compare wins/losses but must look at matchups

I hope this isn't a repeat from somewhere above, but this is a 4 PM game at Bank of America Stadium, so neither team gets home field advantage. Hopefully nobody transferred just to get to play at BOA, but it would be a big deal, and a life long memory for high schoolers.

I hope this isn't a repeat from somewhere above, but this is a 4 PM game at Bank of America Stadium, so neither team gets home field advantage. Hopefully nobody transferred just to get to play at BOA, but it would be a big deal, and a life long memory for high schoolers.
Off topic. WC /Palisades was played early afternoon and it was absolutely painful and miserable do to the heat. Whichever team handles the heat will have BIG advantage.

As I said in the MP thread, they will need to match the physicality Indy will bring at the line of scrimmage. I think MP is a big favorite to win the SoMeck Conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT