ADVERTISEMENT

How Many Years

They got a lot of free/reduced lunch so they(2a) get to play 1a.

1A Draughn - 630, had more students than 2A East Surry -588
I believe I saw where East Surry 3 year average Wells Fargo cup points was much higher than Draughn and some other teams the same reason Polk @ 614 went 2A while Mtn Heritage @ 614 went to 1A.
I believe that has affected things more than the DPI or some put it free lunch has most of these schools has serval kids in that.

Last edited:
I believe I saw where East Surry 3 year average Wells Fargo cup points was much higher than Draughn and some other teams the same reason Polk @ 614 went 2A while Mtn Heritage @ 614 went to 1A.
I believe that has affected things more than the DPI has.
As I said on another thread, This new formula should be stuck up Que's backside until she spits it out. I don't think we will see it in 2 years. I just about know it want ! !

Reactions: BK13T-$
Well I don't get it either myself I don't understand what the other two have to do with what classification you should be in.

My guess is the thought that poorer schools don't have as much success, especially in sports outside football/basketball, so I believe it's trying to give some of those schools a fighting chance. I honesty don't think it's made much of a difference nor had much impact on classifications.

My guess is the thought that poorer schools don't have as much success, especially in sports outside football/basketball, so I believe it's trying to give some of those schools a fighting chance. I honesty don't think it's made much of a difference nor had much impact on classifications.
Well personally I believe it should be just on enrollment. Even if you take your explanation for the DPI but having to move up because of your cup points your basically getting punished for having good all around sports and I would believe reading their local paper article last year that Polk county thought it had a big impact on them.

Reactions: Swain97 and KW23
I think the cup standings impacted it but I don't think free lunch did.

I agree that it should be enrollment.

But let's also not forget this formula did cause a few charter schools to get bumped up. I sort of think this was the NCHSAA's way to start looking for a solution to that problem and unless the NCGA twist their wrist, I'll be curious to see if they stick with this or modify it further.

To go back to just enrollment though requires a 5th classification in my opinion.

But let's also not forget this formula did cause a few charter schools to get bumped up. I sort of think this was the NCHSAA's way to start looking for a solution to that problem and unless the NCGA twist their wrist, I'll be curious to see if they stick with this or modify it further.

To go back to just enrollment though requires a 5th classification in my opinion.
The 5th classification should be for charter, private, or any school that's open for anybody

The 5th classification should be for charter, private, or any school that's open for anybody

Not happening unfortunately.

Also several school systems have open enrollment or choice schools. There are a lot more than people realize.

Charters and parochials just happen to pull from larger populations.

Somehow it should be related to population.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Not happening unfortunately.

Also several school systems have open enrollment or choice schools. There are a lot more than people realize.

Charters and parochials just happen to pull from larger populations.

Somehow it should be related to population.
If you have 4 HS in the same county I think that changes the term open enrollment

I would like 6 classifications if it worked for playoffs. I think 5 would hurt the smaller schools. I may not understand how it would work for the playoffs.

TD..NWC is an all 1a conference with (7) teams...Alleghany, Elkin, EWilkes, Starmount, South Stokes , North Stokes, Mt.Airy...with only Elkin and Mt.Airy being in Surry County

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Millennium played some middle school football this fall. I couldn't find a record anywhere. One would assume they would try to play high school in a few years?

Go Big Red
#27Forever

TD..NWC is an all 1a conference with (7) teams...Alleghany, Elkin, EWilkes, Starmount, South Stokes , North Stokes, Mt.Airy...with only Elkin and Mt.Airy being in Surry County
Sorry, I misspoke. I was talking about the NWC, and Surry County teams. Sorry, you are right about the whole conference. I should have left out The NWC... My bad. I will go back and fix it. Again my bad.

It's coming I'm sure and when it does Mt airy and East needs to show them some tough love if they don't dodge us

Reactions: sbbbfan
Does that look better? Don't know where my mind was. I'm not as clear-thinking as a few years ago. My fingers get ahead of my brain. LOL

The coach is an East Surry graduate but, I'm not sure how their schedule could go. Any chance they could join the NW 1A?
May go with the basketball schedule and I don't remember what that is. Pretty sure they played North Stokes and maybe Mount Airy. I guess the NCHSAA will place them in the NWC or the conference Bishop is in. It would be something if they got Coach Kelly Holder. I'v been giving that a lot of thought. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT