ADVERTISEMENT

How loaded is the West

You’re missing Hough for sure. I think Hough can be considered the best team in Mecklenburg county by most people, but of course a lot of football to be played and things can change.
I read the list two or three times and I knew it was someone missing.

This year???? Mallard Creek , Indy, Grimsley, East Forsyth, Weddington, Watauga, Are all state contenders
There's still so much football ahead, and honestly, none of that who-beat-who matters to me right now. However, Weddington is a dazzling beacon strong potential as a leading contender.

There's still so much football ahead, and honestly, none of that who-beat-who matters to me right now. However, Weddington is a dazzling beacon strong potential as a leading contender.
Leading Contender, That's debatable but they are the defending Champs.

I don't think Watauga is. They are a great well coached team that could upset anyone on a given night but them running the gauntlet of 4A I don't see happening.
Was incredibly impressed with Wautaga last year in playoff. Different kind of scheme and a great HS QB. They lose in a track meet to most of the Meck-Forsyth top teams but they are very well coached. They will run the table and probably get the #1 seed. Gets pretty cold up in the mountains in late November.

Was incredibly impressed with Wautaga last year in playoff. Different kind of scheme and a great HS QB. They lose in a track meet to most of the Meck-Forsyth top teams but they are very well coached. They will run the table and probably get the #1 seed. Gets pretty cold up in the mountains in late November.
The cold and wind at Watauga are a game changer especially for a team that is more a vertical passing team.

Reactions: beamer24
I know Avery Co high is the highest elevation school in N.C. And Watauga is the 2nd highest. It can get brutally cold up there especially when it’s in playoffs.

Reactions: beamer24
Leading Contender, That's debatable but they are the defending Champs.
All six of these football programs mentioned in this post share a remarkable ability. They all open doors for young athletes, guiding them to reputable colleges that shape their futures. Yet, there stands one exceptional program that not only lights the path to academic excellence but also wins championships. This program can transform dreams into reality, where success in the school is measured not just in degrees earned, but in championships won! I give this to Weddington 100%! Degrees are half the battle.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I think Greene was the starter since middle school.

I’ll be glad to see him gone!😂

He is sump’em else!

I’ve enjoyed watching every minute when he is on the field. 😉

Last edited:
Hickory , Dudley , Watauga , Hough, Starmount , Statesville, Hough and few others are team could make noise and control their own destiny. Some have better chances then others but West is very competitive this yr

Western Foothills conference maybe the best 3a conference imo esp with top 3-4 teams

I have always thought that from to to bottom that the West was better than the east in football. Raleigh was always weaker even though Wake Forest won three in a row, the competition was not as good as it was out West. I would say Raleigh recent high point was from 2019-2023 with teams like Millbrook, Rolesville, Leesville road, Cardinal Gibbons, Wake Forest that were statewide contenders.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Outside of Weddington, East teams are generally better coached. East just doesn't have the dazzling athletes the west has.
I don't know about that. East Forsyth , Grimsley, AC Renyolds, Charlotte Catholic, Watauga, Mt Tabor, Reagan , are all pretty well coached. And I am sure that if we looked close at Charlotte its not all about rolling the footballs out and playing. If we want to go to the the lower classifications, we can. Hickory, Shelby, Crest, Riedsville, Maiden, Murphy, Monroe, West Charlotte, Kings Mtn, ect ect ect.

I don't know about that. East Forsyth , Grimsley, AC Renyolds, Charlotte Catholic, Watauga, Mt Tabor, Reagan , are all pretty well coached. And I am sure that if we looked close at Charlotte its not all about rolling the footballs out and playing. If we want to go to the the lower classifications, we can. Hickory, Shelby, Crest, Riedsville, Maiden, Murphy, Monroe, West Charlotte, Kings Mtn, ect ect ect.
I think East actually harder to coach at bc if u look there many teams out east that go 3-9 or 1-10 or whatever bc they are just tough schools to win at or in a top heavy conference and to me there only maybe 20-30 schools in Eastern NC that are consistent and are a threat year in and out imho

West is bit easier to coach in due to more talent and more bigger cities but prob more consistent teams yr in n out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT