ADVERTISEMENT

Hough defeats Mallard Creek in OT

it looks like Charlotte has a few good teams but no great team
I don't think anyone can find a way to keep them #1 anymore
or even 2, or even 3 , 4,,,,, heck not even top 10
in power rankings

Last Monday it was Kannapolis over Vance. Tonight, Hough knocks off The Creek. It appears that the MECKA is now up for grabs among those 4 teams. I cant wait to see how this one plays out. Like the guy said, this is why you play the game.

I am thinking there might be a chance for a 1 vs 2 game the last week of the regular season.

Saw MC practice in preseason and they passed the eye test as impressive as any team I have seen. On paper they have a team that should have finished this season as a dominant squad that was in the discussion for best of all time. Somewhere the wheels have went flat but the question is will they come completely off.

Saw them twice and there were a lot of questions. A lot of inconsistencies.

The MECKA is very interesting with Kannapolis, Hough, Vance, and MC. Curious to see how this plays out.

Reactions: Hon Dines
WOW!!!!!! Looks like MC might not be the only big dog in the 4AA with a chance at the Championship! This years playoffs is going to be really fun to watch.

Stranger things have happened, I just never thought that the machine would lose to Hough.

Not a machine right now. Truth be told the should have beat them last year. Had them down 30-0. They have are #

there is a near 1,2 game this coming Friday night, no team from Charlotte involved
True, but there are about a dozen teams in Charlotte this year that would still be undefeated if they played Pinecrest's schedule.

Flagrantly ducking competition to get a high ranking doesn't make you better than good teams taking tough losses while playing other good teams.

Reactions: LonnieFarmJimmy
True, but there are about a dozen teams in Charlotte this year that would still be undefeated if they played Pinecrest's schedule.

Flagrantly ducking competition to get a high ranking doesn't make you better than good teams taking tough losses while playing other good teams.

That;s very true....just ask NC State!!

Go Raiders

I told everyone that the power in Charlotte will shift and it starting to. Watch out for Rocky River next year , when troblems comes players leave

There are not a dozen teams in Charlotte that could beat both Scotland and RIchmond this year. Pinecrest plays both of them.

Lockray... Rocky river has lost more games in the first 6 weeks of this season than Mallard Creek has lost in 4 years. Tough loss on Friday to a good conf opponent and one that frankly had us beat last year as well. Lot of season yet to be played and certainly Mallard Creek isn't the lock some people ( including myself) thought they were for there 3rd straight title but I don't know that anyone is quite ready to bet against them yet either. Starting with Hough they play a stretch where their opponents combined record is 18-3.

Might be just a bit early to call for the rise of Rocky River...lol

I think whomever told you that was thinking about last year, GandG. This year's Hough secondary has one big time corner that I know of (Osborne...committed to Tennessee), but I'm not aware of anyone else with offers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT