ADVERTISEMENT

Holy Buc!!!!

Best record since 1960 for B-Y was 1967 when they finished 8-2....lost a conference game to Eastern Alamance which kept them out of the playoffs.................

50-7 win over Bishop McGuinness Friday makes Bartlett Yancey 6-0 now ... have outscored opponents 238-64.
Big showdown this week among undefeated teams: W-S Prep (5-0) at Bartlett Yancey (6-0).
Wonder if there are another other undefeated matchups in the state this week?

50-7 win over Bishop McGuinness Friday makes Bartlett Yancey 6-0 now ... have outscored opponents 238-64.
Big showdown this week among undefeated teams: W-S Prep (5-0) at Bartlett Yancey (6-0).
Wonder if there are another other undefeated matchups in the state this week?

I’m intrigued by this match-up. Bishop is terrible, so beating them means absolutely nothing.

Then I looked at both WSP and BY’s Schedules...

If there has even been a custom made schedule for a team to finish 10-1... this would be it.

Bartlett Yancey scheduled absolutely no one in the non-conference side. (Jordan-Matthews, Chapel Hill, Cedar Ridge, E Chapel Hill, KIPP Pride, Bishop and WS Prep). Then, their conference is just as week, minus Reidsville, who could very well beat B-Y, 238-64.

This is by far, the battle of the two weakest undefeated teams in the state of North Carolina.

I’m rooting for B-Y. It’s been forever since they’ve had success. I hope they can finish a solid 2nd in their conference and maybe even sneak up on someone in the playoffs.

Reactions: Slasher Killer
BY's coach and AD are geniuses.. they have slowly built the program up this decade from nothing to respectable in just a few years. Weathersby was responsible for a lot of in his 2 years, he won 10 games which was huge there for that point. Mostly he boosted their numbers up quite a bit. New guy had his stuggles but he's found his footing now. The schedule's what it is but their conference isn't great so it's not like they need to be battle prepped.. in the next alignment prob so in case they add Morehead and McMichael in.

A win here will be their best season in 25 years, they went 6-5 in 1994. I think they could win at least 2-3 more in conference.. they could have a nice run in the 2A east.

I'm happy for BY.. couldn't happen to a more deserving program.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
The Winston Salem Prep and Cummings game are two games I'm looking at that they could lose.

The Winston Salem Prep and Cummings game are two games I'm looking at that they could lose.

If B-Y loses to either of those teams, then it was all for naught. WSP hasn’t played anyone good and Cummings is 0-6.

I’ve often thought that Caswell County is kind of anonymous in the landscape of high school sports because no one knows who Bartlett Yancey (the person) was, thus not one person in 100 could point to Yanceyville on a map.

I went to wrestling match there last year and their gym was absolutely barren... No conference banners hanging in most sports. The trophy case out in the lobby was devoid of any current trophies and plaques.

I like a good underdog... So I immediately wanted to them to have some success after that visit.

Reactions: Ooooner
Bartlett Yancey won basketball state title in 1988.

Last edited:
If B-Y loses to either of those teams, then it was all for naught. WSP hasn’t played anyone good and Cummings is 0-6.

I’ve often thought that Caswell County is kind of anonymous in the landscape of high school sports because no one knows who Bartlett Yancey (the person) was, thus not one person in 100 could point to Yanceyville on a map.

I went to wrestling match there last year and their gym was absolutely barren... No conference banners hanging in most sports. The trophy case out in the lobby was devoid of any current trophies and plaques.

I like a good underdog... So I immediately wanted to them to have some success after that visit.

Well, I live about 17 miles from Yanceyville and I know who Bartlett Yancey was. Count me among your one person in 100.

Have had many cousins who went to BY, taught there and worked there, and an uncle who was principal there many years ago.

Don't tread on the Bucs! ;);)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT