ADVERTISEMENT

Hoggard vs WRH

I have nothing but respect for WRH. I love their RBs and how hard they play. With that being said, WRH is not good up front and their D line is weak. They are in big trouble this week. Hoggard D line and run defense is very strong and I just do not see WRH running on Hoggard. I would imagine they would pop 1 or 2. Hoggard offense will be able to run or throw on the Bulldogs. Unless WRH had some guys up front out the first 2 weeks and they are coming back this week it should be another big loss for WRH.

I have nothing but respect for WRH. I love their RBs and how hard they play. With that being said, WRH is not good up front and their D line is weak. They are in big trouble this week. Hoggard D line and run defense is very strong and I just do not see WRH running on Hoggard. I would imagine they would pop 1 or 2. Hoggard offense will be able to run or throw on the Bulldogs. Unless WRH had some guys up front out the first 2 weeks and they are coming back this week it should be another big loss for WRH.
Upfront is not the problem. Wallace have made some adjustments on defense that is overdue. With that being said I am looking better play from the defense this week. Should be a tough game Wrh gets the win over Hoggard.

Until the defense gets on track and starts playing better I see another loss for my Dogs unfortunately. I hope I’m wrong and we just win in an offensive shootout. We will see what happens pretty soon.

Until the defense gets on track and starts playing better I see another loss for my Dogs unfortunately. I hope I’m wrong and we just win in an offensive shootout. We will see what happens pretty soon.
The defense just got better with some players that will hit you. I guess it took 58 points for the changes to be made. Nevertheless the changes have been made. I guarantee WRH won’t look the same this week compared to the previous 2 games

Upfront is not the problem. Wallace have made some adjustments on defense that is overdue. With that being said I am looking better play from the defense this week. Should be a tough game Wrh gets the win over Hoggard.
Not sure which D line you have been watching. I have seen both games they have played this year and they cant stop anyone. The def has given up 28 and 58. Upfront is a big problem. I hope they can figure it out.

Hoggard is a good 4a team with 37 returning seniors. I don't think any 2a team around here beats them so there's that. As far as conference Wallace may do that but I know a couple of teams that are not just going to lay down and let you have it. Just won't be that easy.
No where in my post did i say anyone would lay down, what i was getting at is WRH will go on a run and win conference, never said anything about it being easy, But we will not face anyone close to being as good as the 1st 3 teams on our schedule.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
The defense just got better with some players that will hit you. I guess it took 58 points for the changes to be made. Nevertheless the changes have been made. I guarantee WRH won’t look the same this week compared to the previous 2 games
The addition of players that will hit is great but are they hitting at the LOS or 8-10 yards down field? This week they better be able to defend the pass and run. I know you are very football smart, but that has never been done very well except in 94 when they won their first championship. But I'm sure you are aware of that fact already. I could go on about their weaknesses but i will not right now.

Much needed. If wallace is going to be successful this year it wont be 2 platooning

The addition of players that will hit is great but are they hitting at the LOS or 8-10 yards down field? This week they better be able to defend the pass and run. I know you are very football smart, but that has never been done very well except in 94 when they won their first championship. But I'm sure you are aware of that fact already. I could go on about their weaknesses but i will not right now.
Hopefully at the line of scrimmage. If WRH defense continues arm tackling it’s going to be a long season. Let’s be honest WRH haven’t seen a scrub team up to this point. The coaches will find the right combination of players on defense. I think they trending in the right direction. But we will see tonight if that’s true. I am looking for some improvement on defense.

Hopefully at the line of scrimmage. If WRH defense continues arm tackling it’s going to be a long season. Let’s be honest WRH haven’t seen a scrub team up to this point. The coaches will find the right combination of players on defense. I think they trending in the right direction. But we will see tonight if that’s true. I am looking for some improvement on defense.
You have high expectations. At least your optimistic. From my view. I would like to see more intensity and aggressiveness out of the D - down lineman and backers. From the stands and my eysite is pretty good. They appear to far off the line. Looks like there at least 2.5 yards off the ball. Move all the line and backers up 1.5 yards Change it up. Just saying from a bleacher coach. :)

You have high expectations. At least your optimistic. From my view. I would like to see more intensity and aggressiveness out of the D - down lineman and backers. From the stands and my eysite is pretty good. They appear to far off the line. Looks like there at least 2.5 yards off the ball. Move all the line and backers up 1.5 yards Change it up. Just saying from a bleacher coach. :)
You’re not telling nothing wrong defensively WRH needs to be more aggressive. Too much tackling going on in the secondary.

Wallace’s second season opener is next week. Watched a lot of this game tonight. WRH is still good. Most teams in the state would be 0-3 at this point. This isn’t a vintage bulldog team, but they’ll be fine headed to the playoffs.

WRH played well last night. They did make adjustments and were right there all night. Hoggard was not sharp and made too many mistakes. WRH ran the play click all the way down every play to shorten the game to limit Hoggard possessions which was smart. WRH moved the ball better than I thought they would. Hoggard secondary looked lost at times and big pass plays kept drives alive. WRH will be fine as they will improve each week. Good luck to them. Hoggard will improve too. Hoggard comes into this season with a very high bar and they are not where most hoped they would be but the the playoffs are still 8 weeks away so we will see how much the Vikes improve.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT