ADVERTISEMENT

Hickory Ridge Banned From Playoffs

Hickory Ridge does plan to appeal, but from the video, nothing about the ruling is going to change.

Link: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article220894225.html
P7ssEJt.jpg

HR will not win on an appeal. They are also going to have a lot of suspended players. I expect they will be able to play the last two games with some 8 quarter players from the JV:

Wow! Butler's last two games was East Meck & Indy.
Myers Park last two games was Indy & Hickory Ridge.

If they don't play those games, Butler will not play another game until Nov 23rd and Myers Park will not play another game until Nov 16th.

If Vance would have done this it would be world news!
I said this earlier...I've heard classless and other negative names when it comes to our kids esp last yrs jamboree vs page when we got into it with Rocky River. Ironic they're kicked out for reckless behavior. I blame the coaching staff i feel bad for the kids in this.

Think it was a bad deal. Based on the video it looked like EM was definitely the aggressor. That said the rule is pretty clear and its there for a pretty good reason. Once these deals escalate you can get some bad consequences. Gotta keep your kids on the sideline.

Maybe the worse behavior was the refs. They just stood and watched. Two of them never even attempted to intervene.

Think it was a bad deal. Based on the video it looked like EM was definitely the aggressor. That said the rule is pretty clear and its there for a pretty good reason. Once these deals escalate you can get some bad consequences. Gotta keep your kids on the sideline.

Maybe the worse behavior was the refs. They just stood and watched. Two of them never even attempted to intervene.
B&G when I ref we were told to stay out of melees. I for one never did that. As a former when i say things getting out of control i did me best to stop. Most refs are not going to jump into melee for a number of reasons because if they get hit by an athlete and retaliate they are in a world of trouble. And lets face it 80% of the refs are old white and black guys (mostly white) that are out of shape and can barely run up and down the field so to expect them to stop a bunch of strapping young men is just not realistic.

Refs were thinking, "Man, I don't get paid enough for this". And really the coaches should have immediately turned to their sideline and done everything they could to keep their players off the field and out of the mess. That is something you should practice and rehearse before games. Just like all other scenarios that you can think of that comes up in a game.

Refs were thinking, "Man, I don't get paid enough for this". And really the coaches should have immediately turned to their sideline and done everything they could to keep their players off the field and out of the mess. That is something you should practice and rehearse before games. Just like all other scenarios that you can think of that comes up in a game.
Bingo the risk of injury for a 60 year old man being knocked the f out or slammed and then have back issues isn't worth it. i would jump in when i was 40 but i have since stopped and i can tell you now at 51 unless my son was out there see you later jack this 75.00 is nice but it ain't that nice.

Reactions: Steelers71
Bingo the risk of injury for a 60 year old man being knocked the f out or slammed and then have back issues isn't worth it. i would jump in when i was 40 but i have since stopped and i can tell you now at 51 unless my son was out there see you later jack this 75.00 is nice but it ain't that nice.
Jmac, man it’s much better than $75, it’s a whopping $76. And you are 100% correct, Do not get involved. I promise you can’t buy enough liability insurance to cover grabbing a kid and getting it recorded by parents. They are calling 1-800-get sued immediately.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steelers71 and S2V2
Jmac, man it’s much better than $75, it’s a whopping $76. And you are 100% correct, Do not get involved. I promise you can’t buy enough liability insurance to cover grabbing a kid and getting it recorded by parents. They are calling 1-800-get sued immediately.
y’all deserve more

has anyone ever tried to slip you a little somethin’ somethin’ under the table before the big game?

Reactions: Mopar forever
This was posted on another site by
BlueDevilsBiggestFan

"Looks like DH Conley vs South Central and Fike vs Hunt all had fights break out -- Looks like DH Conley and South Central is a complete mess with Parents and Player fighting on the field with DH player hitting some South Central fans with their fist

Hunt and Fike had some kids pepper sprayed but not sure of the full deatails on this one."

My Lord what is in the water..... don't think I've ever seen this many fights in our state in 1 week!!! Coaches get your players under control!!!

What a mess this was to watch. Coulda used some better filming so we coulda got a better answer as to the instigators. Def looks like East Meck were responsible for it though since it's on their sideline mostly. Guess since their record is so bad they decided to make that fight their super bowl for the year.

Won't be surprised if East's HC is on the chopping block for that; when you let your whole sideline fall apart and not even try to stop it it shows how unsuited you are for the job. You could see a couple coaches not even bother to get over there to try to split them up that's terrible. For one it makes them look awful and two it makes the program look like a joke. HR's stupid for allowing kids to run off the sideline but East takes the cake.

If HR gets off here then some strange things are afoot at Raleigh's Circle K..

If HR gets off here then some strange things are afoot at Raleigh's Circle K..

HR had player suspension and is out of the playoff. They have forfeited tonight's game but no word on next week. East, Indy, and Rocky River have ended their seasons.

So if you go and watch the video of what happens it’s NOTHING like what was described. From the video the guy posted in the comments it really doesn’t look like anyone was even fighting. Everything that was written made it sound like it was a knockdown dragout. The video didn’t show that at all

So if you go and watch the video of what happens it’s NOTHING like what was described. From the video the guy posted in the comments it really doesn’t look like anyone was even fighting. Everything that was written made it sound like it was a knockdown dragout. The video didn’t show that at all

All that doesn't matter, when you leave the bench, you are ejected. 1 foot on the field can get you ejected. And when it is more than 3, then the fine hits and season. No punches need to be thrown by everyone.

Like many have said, watch the HR coaches. You are taught to have all your coaches to refrain the kids on the bench from running on the field and have a couple of designated coaches to go to the field to help break thing up. You see many coaches on this tape just walking even after the kids begin to run over to the other sidelines.

No don’t get me wrong I’m not saying that no one needs to be punished what I’m saying is I had read 3 different articles about this and everyone of them made is out that it was a freaking brawl fighting just all hell broke loose. But from what I just watch it was not. I guess I have more a problem with how it’s being portrayed or reported than the actual scrum. Wouldn’t have ever thought that a news article made something seem worse than it actually was. It just bothers me I saw teammates being brothers not a bunch of thugs playing football. That’s all

I was told the video does not show all of the altercation(s). No idea. What happened there meets criteria to forfeit playoff participation.

whatcanisay is spot on. Coaches should have a set duty.

You got that right brother. This country is so crazy right now and its everywhere and it comes in all shapes, colors and parties! Pretty sad for normal folks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT