ADVERTISEMENT

Hendo and hurricane traffic thoughts....

BlueVols

Jun 27, 2003
Tuscola travels to North Friday. Where are the other Henderson Co. schools playing? I was just having a conversation with someone about the hurricane and it brought to my attention that a lot of Low-country and coastal folks will be evacuating upstate, including the Asheville area. Traffic is bad enough and we may get an extra influx so everyone pace yourself and be careful this Friday.

My sister lives in Charleston and came back to Asheville last night after mandatory evacuation. There are ways to get to Hendersonville without going on I-26 though.

Be warned BlueVol, the Friday Pisgah played over East Henderson traffic was terrible going and coming. Now we've got both Haywood teams going to Hendersonville, going to be a fun on 26 for sure. Not to mention the economic boost Hendersonville will receive. Haha

Neither Hendersonville team has artificial turf.Could make for two close games if it's raining.
Don't think the rain reaches here according to all the maps I've seen.
Oops, check that, 80% chance but only 1/4 of an inch.

Last edited:
Be warned BlueVol, the Friday Pisgah played over East Henderson traffic was terrible going and coming. Now we've got both Haywood teams going to Hendersonville, going to be a fun on 26 for sure. Not to mention the economic boost Hendersonville will receive. Haha
Yeah, we had the back to back West-East gauntlet last year. The trip back from Flat Rock was a disaster with the RV on the shoulder that couldn't get over 6" so a BC deputy decided to get behind him and make everyone move over to the other lane when construction ahead had the other lane blocked. Charlie Foxtrot!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT