ADVERTISEMENT

Head Football Coach at Mt Airy

GrizzlyDevil is already here. lol, I have nothing against who posts here, it is a free board to voice what you please. It is just making fun of Mount Airy and referring us to Mayberry characters. See I have been a true Mount Airy Fan since the age of 13, 60 years ago, and take that personally for the BEAR Nation to be made fun of ! !​

Yeah but me and @GrizzlyDevil are kind of younger so we're more like Kevin Nash and Scott Hall The outsiders 🤣 we need @Maiden Creek to show up LOL he's an older he can play the Hogan part 🤣🤣

There's other coaching positions open and being talked about but it's just too easy to get MA fans in a tizzy. And then they turn on each other and we all get free entertainment.

Of course it's pretty large news when a state championship coach leaves especially when they'll still have a loaded team but if it wasn't so easy to get a rise out of the fan base, no one would carry on.
This dude hit the nail on the head. Most Mayberry fans trash each other. Top ten job in the state. I agree with that statement. Lots of reasons why, but that supplemental income from the youth foundation helps push it in that range. Or what ever they are calling the booster club these days. Fiasco indeed, lots of fiascos. I can appreciate the real MA fans and all the old school fans that used to post on here. Now its just a bunch of senseless drama. So who all has applied for the mayberry team this far. I see all kinds of talk about the other jobs in the state. But it looks like Andy has told everyone to NIP IT IN THE BUD. Top secret mission in progress , search is out nationwide. The greatest recruiting program and supplemental pay package in the state and nobodys talking. That there just tickles my fancy , makes this fat boy chuckle. The Mayberry Barneys might just bring goober to coach. Im gonna say it again , I heard it through the grapevine that there could be a DARKHORSE that has applied. Couldnt get it done in clinton and might try a sure thing in MAyberry. Hearing the transfer portal in surry county is dependent on this hire. Lots of moving dynamics here to make a 3 peat a reality

Reactions: footballstar_17
Oh it's more about a recycled member. You know someone that knows all those names that's been reading it for a long time. Although they would never admit it. Someone that you know used to be on here but probably got banned. Or just start up everyone's ire. Or maybe he decided to make a mistake and mess up and meet one of these posters outside of the message board. And got his ass whipped. That would be the best scenario. Although that might happen again. Anyway that's what this person is a POS gash that comes back on with a new name. Sounded like a high school kid or a drunk fraternity boy with his clown town crap.
This post makes me nervous. Skeered indeed. Its post like these that confirms that this page isnt fans posting about football but a bunch of clowns bashing each other. computer jockeys. UFC fanboys that never stepped into a gym. Lets talk football clown, thats if you know anything about it.

Finally MA has hired there new Coach! It's Eric Taylor from the Dillion Panthers/East Dillion Lions out of Texas. He has won 3 state titles.
Did he ever win a state title in Pennsylvania when he moved there with his wife?

Just a reminder the last day to apply for the BEARS Coaching job is Friday, Feb 23rd which is this coming Friday. Mount Airy will only settle for the best ! Good luck to whoever we get and we all need to support whoever they choose Go 🐻's🏈🏈🏈 .

Reactions: sbbbfan
With the superintendent resigning, will the MAYF come back around to helping support MA athletics? Will they have an influence on who is hired?

With the superintendent resigning, will the MAYF come back around to helping support MA athletics? Will they have an influence on who is hired?
It has always been up to the Principle and Ad's. Superintendent was never involved in hiring of coaches. Only way MAYF comes back is with new set of rules like a contract. MAYF will never agree to those stipulations as they want full control.

This post makes me nervous. Skeered indeed. Its post like these that confirms that this page isnt fans posting about football but a bunch of clowns bashing each other. computer jockeys. UFC fanboys that never stepped into a gym. Lets talk football clown, thats if you know anything about it.
Now Mr Man. I don't think anybody's scared of you. I'm pretty sure you're not the Mr Man I'm thinking of. If you are you definitely shouldn't be throwing in the shade. We can talk football all you want what would you like to know.? On the contrary I think it's you that talks a lot of smack. But when I see people that don't know football talking about it well it's nice to call them out. However any football questions you have you know. As far as defenses. As far as offenses. As far as technique. As far as what works. Ask away quiz me. I can promise you I know a lot more than you do. As far as Austin Taylor goes. They wouldn't be a better person for the job. Let's just hope they don't mess it up.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
There’s a lot more qualified candidates available than Austin Taylor. If you take a look from the outside in and not inside out you would be able to recognize this fact. Not saying anything bad about Coach Taylor. He’s a good young coach and is respected by many, but to say he’s the best available just bc he’s on staff and you want him is far fetched. Let’s trust that the powers that be at MAHS are going to make the best hire for their athletes and the program. The track record has been pretty good for the last 30plus yrs.

There’s a lot more qualified candidates available than Austin Taylor. If you take a look from the outside in and not inside out you would be able to recognize this fact. Not saying anything bad about Coach Taylor. He’s a good young coach and is respected by many, but to say he’s the best available just bc he’s on staff and you want him is far fetched. Let’s trust that the powers that be at MAHS are going to make the best hire for their athletes and the program. The track record has been pretty good for the last 30plus yrs.
I think they are saying he is the best for Mount Airy to keep all the coaches and players at Mount Airy. Too many good coaches to lose one or more. They will do what is best and talk to all coaches before a decision is made.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
I just don’t think the powers that be at MAHS will be held hostage. No on in the area can compete with them. The tradition of excellence and winning is in place. They hired outside with JK and that worked well. The kids know they have another great shot at winning state again. If the coaches were to leave bc there buddy wasn’t hired then their loyalty isn’t to the kids, the program, or to the community.

Reactions: footballstar_17
I just don’t think the powers that be at MAHS will be held hostage. No on in the area can compete with them. The tradition of excellence and winning is in place. They hired outside with JK and that worked well. The kids know they have another great shot at winning state again. If the coaches were to leave bc there buddy wasn’t hired then their loyalty isn’t to the kids, the program, or to the community.
On the contrary. ER coach. From what I hear he's the smartest guy on staff. I think you're a discounting what they do on offense that helps them on defense. I've heard that from numerous people but it seems to be a thing. You say that but the two best teams in 1A actually the three or four best teams in 1A consistently run the ball. And mix in some pass. They are aggressive on offense and on defense. I'm speaking of the Eastern Randolph's, the tarboro's, the robbinsvilles, the Mount airys. You may have something to grind with him. But the coaches on that staff know that system. Let's remember only two schools in North Carolina as far as I know. I guess three now if you add in freedom will be running that offense. I'm sure you know a lot about football. It's what enables them to use their athletic ability. And impose their will on people. Watch their games. They dominate people. I'm sure they're a really good candidates out there. There's obviously one really good one on their staff but it doesn't sound like he wants it. But who knows he may take it if it doesn't go the way they think. Their kids are good. But frankly I thought Eastern Randolph had better looking kids. Outside of Mason. I think your opinion is what it is just as mine is. Just stating my case. I hope they do bring in somebody from outside. Better for the rest of us. Probably be some quality coaches. You can discount that all you want. But that coaching staff is very good. There's a whole lot more I weight lifting, speed and conditioning. Etc. that gets it done.

On the contrary. ER coach. From what I hear he's the smartest guy on staff. I think you're a discounting what they do on offense that helps them on defense. I've heard that from numerous people but it seems to be a thing. You say that but the two best teams in 1A actually the three or four best teams in 1A consistently run the ball. And mix in some pass. They are aggressive on offense and on defense. I'm speaking of the Eastern Randolph's, the tarboro's, the robbinsvilles, the Mount airys. You may have something to grind with him. But the coaches on that staff know that system. Let's remember only two schools in North Carolina as far as I know. I guess three now if you add in freedom will be running that offense. I'm sure you know a lot about football. It's what enables them to use their athletic ability. And impose their will on people. Watch their games. They dominate people. I'm sure they're a really good candidates out there. There's obviously one really good one on their staff but it doesn't sound like he wants it. But who knows he may take it if it doesn't go the way they think. Their kids are good. But frankly I thought Eastern Randolph had better looking kids. Outside of Mason. I think your opinion is what it is just as mine is. Just stating my case. I hope they do bring in somebody from outside. Better for the rest of us. Probably be some quality coaches. You can discount that all you want. But that coaching staff is very good. There's a whole lot more I weight lifting, speed and conditioning. Etc. that gets it done.
ER had some very good athletes and my opinion MA outcoached them

I think he could be a possibility as well.
I still haven't heard a name yet, with a better resume than former West Forsyth and Watauga Coach Adrian Snow. He's really nice fit but I still don't know if he's ready to coach again or if he applied. One of the winningest coaches in North Carolina who might be in his late forty's.

I still haven't heard a name yet, with a better resume than former West Forsyth and Watauga Coach Adrian Snow. He's really nice fit but I still don't know if he's ready to coach again or if he applied. One of the winningest coaches in North Carolina who might be in his late forty's.
He is getting that riddell money. He's happy right where he is I'm sure

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Dr. Sandy George took over the MAYF and here is what has happened. I don't think she will be involved in who the new coach will be but could be wrong. I do believe someone answered that already.

Go Bears Athletics

5h ·

BREAKING: A Long Range Athletic Facility Upgrade was approved last night by the MA City Schools BOE; this plan will cover all Sports Facilities at MAHS & will include the Installation of New Fencing, new entrance way & a synthetic Turf playing surface that will serve both our Soccer
⚽️
and Football
🏈
programs at Wallace Shelton Stadium; A MAJOR CAPITAL CAMPAIGN TO BUILD A NEW PRESSBOX (to serve these Sports and other events) will begin soon; if you would like to be involved with this campaign contact Dr Sandy George (Executive Director for Athletic Facilities & Fundraising) @ 336-786-8355 or sgeorge@mtairy.k12.nc.us FIRST CLASS FACILITIES FOR A FIRST CLASS ATHLETIC PROGRAM BEGINS TODAY! More to come GO
🐻
🏆

May be an image of tennis

Mount Airy City Schools

5h ·
The Board of Education reviewed long-term facility planning for athletics at Mount Airy High School at last night's meeting.
Check out the plans by visiting https://bit.ly/3ONlr6L

If you are interested in joining in on the capital campaign for the press box or any of these athletic projects, contact Dr. Sandy George. #MAHSbearpride

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: buzzcoach
Dr. Sandy George took over the MAYF and here is what has happened. I don't think she will be involved in who the new coach will be but could be wrong. I do believe someone answered that already.

Go Bears Athletics

5h ·

BREAKING: A Long Range Athletic Facility Upgrade was approved last night by the MA City Schools BOE; this plan will cover all Sports Facilities at MAHS & will include the Installation of New Fencing, new entrance way & a synthetic Turf playing surface that will serve both our Soccer
⚽️
and Football
🏈
programs at Wallace Shelton Stadium; A MAJOR CAPITAL CAMPAIGN TO BUILD A NEW PRESSBOX (to serve these Sports and other events) will begin soon; if you would like to be involved with this campaign contact Dr Sandy George (Executive Director for Athletic Facilities & Fundraising) @ 336-786-8355 or sgeorge@mtairy.k12.nc.us FIRST CLASS FACILITIES FOR A FIRST CLASS ATHLETIC PROGRAM BEGINS TODAY! More to come GO
🐻
🏆

Mount Airy City Schools

5h ·
The Board of Education reviewed long-term facility planning for athletics at Mount Airy High School at last night's meeting.

If you are interested in joining in on the capital campaign for the press box or any of these athletic projects, contact Dr. Sandy George. #MAHSbearpride

Ugh, turf.

Go Bears Athletics

5h ·

⚽️
and Football
🏈
🐻
🏆

Mount Airy City Schools

5h ·

Is that the artist rendering ? Looks small and incomplete?

Is that the artist rendering ? Looks small and incomplete?
I guess Freedom and Maiden already has all these luxury but that's not what I heard I know neither of the two have won championship last two years eat your heart out and he's got ton of work to do to get Freedom there and me personally I don't think he succeeds that 3a league is tough

I guess Freedom and Maiden already has all these luxury but that's not what I heard I know neither of the two have won championship last two years eat your heart out and he's got ton of work to do to get Freedom there and me personally I don't think he succeeds that 3a league is tough
Lol u can see our stadium on a national marathon commercial and we are in a new York times story. Granted we don't have turf because County won't let us have it. So I wouldn't say our stadium is sub par. Honestly if they ever let us have turf I would put it up there with any of them especially if we can get Boise state blue turf 🤣. And lack of recent championship not many schools in the state could make it through the murders row of 2a playoffs from Shelby, Reidsville, Clinton yet we are always in the running with exception of here or there years

Go Bears Athletics

5h ·

⚽️
and Football
🏈
🐻
🏆

Mount Airy City Schools

5h ·

Sandy George did not take over the MAYF. MACS started their own athletic funding and she is over that. The MAYF still has quite a bit of power in that community and it will be very interesting to see how much they are involved moving forwards with a new superintendent coming.

Lol u can see our stadium on a national marathon commercial and we are in a new York times story. Granted we don't have turf because County won't let us have it. So I wouldn't say our stadium is sub par. Honestly if they ever let us have turf I would put it up there with any of them especially if we can get Boise state blue turf 🤣. And lack of recent championship not many schools in the state could make it through the murders row of 2a playoffs from Shelby, Reidsville, Clinton yet we are always in the running with exception of here or there years
I have been to Maidens old and new stadium and they are just normal HS stadiums. MA has 2 field houses a video board. MA needs press box in worse way and prob new bleachers. I did like the way Maiden ran through that meatal tunnel thing at one time. Maiden is a pretty HS and has a nice gym. MA played Maiden in the playoffs in the old stadium. Maiden come out from middle under the stands pretty cool atmosphere. Bleachers now on away side at Maiden are smaller than most.

Last edited:
The battle of facilities: Starmount and Forbush getting turf, East Surry , North Surry , and Surry Central getting turf; West Stokes talking about a video board bigger than MA plus a refurbished weight room; Starmount talking about a video scoreboard; East Surry has had a two story brick pressbox paid for by the Lynch family for several years; both North Stokes and South Stokes have new tracks; MA refurbished their weight room 3 years ago; and Alleghany has turf!!!!!

I have been to Maidens old and new stadium and they are just normal HS stadiums. MA has 2 field houses a video board. MA needs press box in worse way and prob new bleachers. I did like the way Maiden ran through that meatal tunnel thing at one time. Maiden is a pretty HS and has a nice gym. MA played Maiden in the playoffs in the old stadium. Maiden come out from middle under the stands pretty cool atmosphere. Bleachers now on away side at Maiden are smaller than most.
I miss old stadium fans right on top on the field and teams felt the fans on top of them. Visitor side is smaller because county made us take seats out of stadium budget to put lights on softball field. Tom Brown was pissed over it. We use a big inflatable tunnel and helmet now for entrance and of course our rolling smoke. We had turf paid for by donations no public tax money at all but county denied us still

Yes, I like Mount Airy. But you are right its tough to win a 2a title.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT