ADVERTISEMENT

Hayesville 3-3 at Robbinsville 5-2

BK13T-$

Jul 23, 2009
This could be a good one. Knights coming off two big win in 4 days. Robbinsville will be trying to win their 13th straight SMC win dating back to the Murphy game in 2013. It looks like the SMC title will come down to Robbisnville or Swain with Rosman and Murphy having a outside shot.

Anyone know if Hayesville big fullback will be back friday. He could make the difference in the game. I believe this could be a trap game so we have better not look over the jackets. Hayesville had a open last week and should be ready for the trip to The Big Oaks.

Last edited:
Im thinking #32 may be out for the season. After watching the hays/swain game, I dont see rv having any problems. Swain ran the ball effectively against Hayesville and rv should do the same. Honestly dont see this as a trap game unless rv has a complete meltdown.

Last edited:
Black Knights weren't a legit contender in 2013. They are now in 1a. Robbinsville should win with ease.

Hopefully Coach Walsh will take it easy on his former team and not run the score up too bad. I'd like to see the Jackets be competitive and at least get on the scoreboard in this one.

I think we are beat up and wore out from play Murphy and rosman and both being away games. This will not be a 40 point win. I dont think. I think we win but this will be a good week to play us. After this we get another bye before ending the season at Cherokee and at rville vs Swain. Should be rested well for those final two games.

Hayesville has had a lot of starters out since the preseason game at enka. I believe most of them will be back with the exception of the running back, lost the full back at the swain game with severe elbow enjury, and lost the best lineman to concucion during the swain game he still not passing the concucion test, so will probably miss the robinsville game.

Come on folks ... you know the saying "Any given night in the SMC ..." On paper we may be favored but we gotta be up and ready for ALL SMC teams.

Hayesville has had a lot of starters out since the preseason game at enka. I believe most of them will be back with the exception of the running back, lost the full back at the swain game with severe elbow enjury, and lost the best lineman to concucion during the swain game he still not passing the concucion test, so will probably miss the robinsville game.

Hope your guys are healthy by Friday. Sounds like the fullback may not be returning, at least for the SMC games. We have been pretty dang lucky this year. We have a starting lineman out, but "knock on wood" that is all right now. We know all to well what injuries can do to teams our size.

If the lineman is still out that will make 2 out for the hayesville game.

3 out, starting running back has been out since 3rd preseason game, he is a sophomore, probably for the season, full back a senior is out , might be back for playoff. Lineman a junior out at least for this game, I havnt seen robinsville line this year, if it is like I heard, I don't know if the Mitch Myers defense can hold up. A lot of the starters are sophomores a few juniors and a couple seniors. A lot of inexperience.

Sound about like us. We have a sophmore RB that went out in the preseason and a starting lineman out. And #2 will be out for thsi game. Starting lineman could come back for this one but I dont see that happening.

Yea, it's tough to replace starters in 1-A, Hayesville started the season with 34 on the roster, that's the biggest number I can remember, I noticed at the swain game there were 24 dressed. Robinsville probably don't have any more than that . Impressive season last year with 2 dozen kids, looks like the makings of another. Hayesville started out with a lot going for them, but the wheels seemed to have fell off since the last preseason game, maybe it will turn around for them, they have worked hard but there seems to be no consistency for them, the ones that moved up as freshmen under coach Hughes will probably be under their 3rd head varsity coach next season, and they know it. I think that causes a psychological issue with them. They are told they need to buy into the coaches, I think they need coaches to buy into them to instill some confidence. Too much politics in that, if it weren't for the clay county politics they might be playing under the coach everyone wanted a few years ago. I don't have to say who that was, he did win a state championship last year though.

I wouldn't say 2013 was a meltdown either. Hayesville had been unsuccessfully running air raid offence all season, went in to the first playoff game running option. Robinsville was blindsided, same thing happened to Andrews that year, 3rd at Murphy, gentry was ready to defend Hayesvilles option.

There was no option being ran at all in 2013.... went to wing T mixed with Air Raid for first playoff game. Came out in doubel wing (wing T) in first half, then back to spread in second half running QB counter pretty much every play.

Sometimes I can be wrong. I thought I remembered option being thrown in there during the playoffs that year by Hayesville. That shows how much I pay attention.

No, but they did change to more of a wing T scheme and mixed it up with spread. It worked for a couple games (to teams in which we lost to regular season). Surpise tactics often work in battle.

it sounds like WHC02 made it to a couple of games lol. Hayesville will struggle again this week with a run heavy offense to try and keep at bay (and those sneaky passes Walsh like to throw in) to much to handle for the jackets but some of the players will be back #50 and #7 i hope.

#65 white is goin for MRI tomorrow is what I heard I say dee lets him set and rest this week and have our bye week next Friday then bring him back for cherokee maybe...I'm not sure what will happen tho

Last edited:
Thats what I think should happen also..#55 should learn alot from this playing time. Playing against Murphy and rosman is a good way to break a young kid in. lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT