ADVERTISEMENT

havelock!!!!

laugh.r191677.gif
...all that talk...and they only put up three points.

Congrats to Crest!

I'm going to look for the post but when I predicted the score I said "20-3" and one of there posters called my prediction foolishness!

Wow...Havelock = OVER HYPED! Bunch of 3A teams in the West are better.

No one said they sucked but they weren't even close to the best team we have played this year.

Originally posted by starch:
Yeah Havelock sucks.....they have only won 3 straight State titles
Nobody said you sucked the last 3 years,just this year.

I tried to tell them they wouldn't score 14, heck they didn't even get one in the end zone. Shelby 7 time champions and one of those came from the mighty Rams!

Well since you guys are ragging on Havelock I'll join in. Being from Vanceboro and having played football at West Craven in the 70's we have a deep rooted rivalry with Havelock. For the most part it's been a good clean rivalry until the Jim bob era. Last night I went to my parents and showed my father how to watch New Bern online. My mother is ill and her time here is not going to be much longer. We have her in a hospital bed and she is totally dependent on us for everything. We get her up in a chair in the evenings so she can watch her 2 favorite shows and usually after 3 hrs she is ready for bed again. I share this only to paint the picture that only true rivals can appreciate. This evening I went over and as I walked to her bedside she started trying to tell me something. It's hard to make her out too weak to make words but she was mouthing to me " Havelock lost" and then a big smile came across her face! You gotta love a mother like that!!

Have NOT, No knock on the QB from Havelock but George from Shelby is a better choice for Shrine Bowl.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

We really didn't want Havelock. They can thank the playoff system . They took a beat down that was meant for Northern Guilford.

We as fans are guilty about being boastful about our teams. It is easy to boast when you win, sometimes it is hard to see the good when you lose. I know we lost our previous three times. But I saw great sportsmanship from Havelock after the game. Both teams hugging and congradulating each other. That is something both teams can be proud of. Thats what being Champions is all about.
Lots of fine young men on both sides.

Originally posted by Otis4411:

Well since you guys are ragging on Havelock I'll join in. Being from Vanceboro and having played football at West Craven in the 70's we have a deep rooted rivalry with Havelock. For the most part it's been a good clean rivalry until the Jim bob era. Last night I went to my parents and showed my father how to watch New Bern online. My mother is ill and her time here is not going to be much longer. We have her in a hospital bed and she is totally dependent on us for everything. We get her up in a chair in the evenings so she can watch her 2 favorite shows and usually after 3 hrs she is ready for bed again. I share this only to paint the picture that only true rivals can appreciate. This evening I went over and as I walked to her bedside she started trying to tell me something. It's hard to make her out too weak to make words but she was mouthing to me " Havelock lost" and then a big smile came across her face! You gotta love a mother like that!!
God bless your family and I hope and pray that you all have a very Merry Christmas!

Shelby and the red raiders were the best two teams Crest played this year.
Period.

Can someone just make a video tape of the hits the Chargers put on the Rams in this game. It really surprised me that some of the Havelock kids started to run out of bounds instead of getting more yards. They even tried putting the Star DE at WR and Malik Hopper jacked him up twice LOL!

Caught two and got smashed both times. Then had a sure fire TD going into the endzone and dropped it. Not that it would have mattered at that point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT