ADVERTISEMENT

Harding University High School

It's often not as cut and dry as that. I don't know the particulars of this fight. It's easy to say adults should know better and so on. But as an adult what are you supposed to do when a ",kid" gets in your face as kids often do in today's world. It's easy to say be an adult. Harder in reality to do when threatened by kids, particularly kids in a group. It's the main reason I rarely attend live high school games anymore at all. Sad to say but if you want to attend a High School game nowadays it's not out of the ordinary to see violence in some form break out and it could possibly affect anybody just depends on how unlucky you are and how close it breaks out from where you are sitting etc. Probably an unpopular opinion but I would bet none of the involved adults came with the intent of fighting any kids.

It's often not as cut and dry as that. I don't know the particulars of this fight. It's easy to say adults should know better and so on. But as an adult what are you supposed to do when a ",kid" gets in your face as kids often do in today's world. It's easy to say be an adult. Harder in reality to do when threatened by kids, particularly kids in a group. It's the main reason I rarely attend live high school games anymore at all. Sad to say but if you want to attend a High School game nowadays it's not out of the ordinary to see violence in some form break out and it could possibly affect anybody just depends on how unlucky you are and how close it breaks out from where you are sitting etc. Probably an unpopular opinion but I would bet none of the involved adults came with the intent of fighting any kids.
Its most likely the:
You stepped on my white shoes
You looked at me wrong
You're talking trash about our team
Who's the big man

You're correct, at one point or another an adult will have to protect themselves from the behavior that was never corrected at home. Never once have I even been close to being involved in or near a fight. A culture is much to blame for this. For instance, a lot of kids or adults these days wake up on a certain Friday and ask, "Where can we purposely cause trouble or instill fear tonight?" According to what I have recently read, kids have shown up to a Friday football game and just shoot bullets in the air. It all depends on their upbringing and culture. Home is where it all starts. That child will learn aggression if it is taught to them at home. If violence is programed at home, that kid will be programed with violence and there's your problem.

Reactions: Ooooner
Its most likely the:
You stepped on my white shoes
You looked at me wrong
You're talking trash about our team
Who's the big man

You're correct, at one point or another an adult will have to protect themselves from the behavior that was never corrected at home. Never once have I even been close to being involved in or near a fight. A culture is much to blame for this. For instance, a lot of kids or adults these days wake up on a certain Friday and ask, "Where can we purposely cause trouble or instill fear tonight?" According to what I have recently read, kids have shown up to a Friday football game and just shoot bullets in the air. It all depends on their upbringing and culture. Home is where it all starts. That child will learn aggression if it is taught to them at home. If violence is programed at home, that kid will be programed with violence and there's your problem.
Some parents don't raise them better at home, the schools refuse to discipline the kids, and they pass them on without passing grades, so what does anyone expect? Most school systems would rather focus on how to help a child change their sex, than truly educate them. You also have to ask where most of the fights break out. I know this will probably be a very unpopular answer, but I've gotten to the point where I really don't care. And people wonder why private and parocchial schools are growing? Really? You really have to wonder and don't know?

Reactions: Ooooner and 2Grine
Some parents don't raise them better at home, the schools refuse to discipline the kids, and they pass them on without passing grades, so what does anyone expect? Most school systems would rather focus on how to help a child change their sex, than truly educate them. You also have to ask where most of the fights break out. I know this will probably be a very unpopular answer, but I've gotten to the point where I really don't care. And people wonder why private and parocchial schools are growing? Really? You really have to wonder and don't know?
If the DNA fails to heal, it produces a virus that can be transmitted from one generation to the next and that's where we are.

Reactions: mrhonda
As per the Fayetteville Observer the game between Westover and Triton was completed after the stadium was evacuated due to multiple fights in the stands in the 4th quarter last night. Last 10 minutes played in an empty stadium.

Last edited:
As per the Fayetteville Observer the game between Westover and Triton was completed after the stadium was evacuated due to multiple fights in the stands in the 4th quarter last night. Last 10 minutes played in an empty stadium.
This is becoming a common occurrence. Saw on another thread that Forrest Hill and Monroe was stopped for same reason. I was at a middle school game Wednesday and it was stopped in the third quarter for the same reason.

In the East 2A ball, there was a major brawl. A coach apparently leaped on a player. Unofficially, 19 players were ejected out of the game. The film will be examined this weekend.

Reactions: Middle Sound Heel
I heard also the same thing happened in a game Friday in Robeson County but I dont know which schools were playing.

Adults should do better by teaching their kids better.

I've sat and listened to order folks complain about kids forever. Who do you think raised them Larry?

I'm not here to lecture anybody. Just saying that when you go to a High School football game you are running an ever increasing risk of experiencing violence in doing so.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
I'm not here to lecture anybody. Just saying that when you go to a High School football game you are running an ever increasing risk of experiencing violence in doing so.
Maybe some should be lecturing somebody...especially supposed adults who supposedly know better. I don 't go to games anymore for this reason. And I had been following High School football for over 50 years. When all schools want to do is transition kids, indoctrinate instead of educate, and don't bring accountability to students this is what you get. So, maybe we should be doing fight predictions, to go with the football predictions. I'm not making light of the fighting but just trying to show just how pathetic and ridiculous it is. Some of these kids need to be kicked out of school permanently until they learn better. If they don't, too bad, then enjoy your life in drugs. They made that choice. Some of these parents need to be perrmanently banned from some of these games.

• Love
Reactions: 2Grine
Maybe some should be lecturing somebody...especially supposed adults who supposedly know better. I don 't go to games anymore for this reason. And I had been following High School football for over 50 years. When all schools want to do is transition kids, indoctrinate instead of educate, and don't bring accountability to students this is what you get. So, maybe we should be doing fight predictions, to go with the football predictions. I'm not making light of the fighting but just trying to show just how pathetic and ridiculous it is. Some of these kids need to be kicked out of school permanently until they learn better. If they don't, too bad, then enjoy your life in drugs. They made that choice. Some of these parents need to be perrmanently banned from some of these games.
Nicely put. I don't understand why school administrators do not forbid these parents and/or family members from entering the school. Their deeds incite hatred and violence or serve as examples of it. Violence is already depicted through music; we don't need adults to act it out.

Regarding the young person getting expelled from school, I once taught in a school and announced my rules at the start of each lesson. A kid constantly disrupted class and disobeyed the rules. Due to this, I called the resource officers to come grab the kid. To cut to the chase, he was thrown out from school and was accused of murder that same year.

The students terrify the teachers. I'm not sure why. There is nothing to worry about. Take advantage of your tools resources(resource officers / Principal).

Reactions: mrhonda
Red Springs HS 9/6/23
Everyone implicated is no longer suspended (state-approved). Kids are not learning anything from this. It accomplishes nothing but give them a pass and the mentality to repeat it. We question why crime is so prevalent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT