ADVERTISEMENT

Grit n Grind : Championship Preview Tarboro vs Mount Airy ( 27:20 video mark)

Come on guys — you know you gotta pick a winner!! Are the bears gonna sink the ship the Vikings or are the Vikings gonna set a Bear trap that is big enough to take the beast of the west out. No pick 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ that’s to easy.
Hey gdawg74, we talked about it and just couldn't do it this year... we punked out .... "May the best team win" ..lol

Hey gdawg74, we talked about it and just couldn't do it this year... we punked out .... "May the best team win" ..lol
I can't see the West respecting you two guy's predictions any longer. You did not have a problem picking Tarboro last year and know their chances may not be good this year and as Buz said you all have to live down east. Pick a team !

I still say Mount Airy by at least 14.

Last edited:
I can't see the West respecting your two guy's predictions any longer. You did not have a problem picking Tarboro last year and know their chances may not be good this year and as Buz said you all have to live down east. Pick a team !

With all due respect one of these guys has picked Tarboro to lose the last two games🤷. And our chances aren't good 👍👍👍

Just two guys having some fun and trying to making some entertainment for people who like North Carolina High School football. They live in Eastern part of the state, so no, they probably don't get to see much Western NC football. I would guess no more than you probably sit down and watch Eastern NC football. I would also venture a guess that if you went down the list of Tarboro's roster you would mispronounce some names too. I think they make a pretty good show through the season and I learn a little about Eastern football from it. Nash County had some pretty good teams this year. I would be interested to see a pick for 1A, but if you think it's a push game then you think it's an even game. What else can they say? If you have picked against Tarboro in two games and proven wrong twice, makes sense you would be hesitant to do so again. I enjoyed it. Kind of like hanging with two of the guys just talking some football. Half of the teams playing they probably don't know much about other than what they research. I have only seen full games of MA, Tarboro, Reidsville, and Hickory. Highlights of Clinton and Weddington. Haven't seen one play of 71st or Hoggard. Doesn't matter how big a fan you are, unless it's you job, you probably aren't going to know much about some the teams come championship games.

Just two guys having some fun and trying to making some entertainment for people who like North Carolina High School football. They live in Eastern part of the state, so no, they probably don't get to see much Western NC football. I would guess no more than you probably sit down and watch Eastern NC football. I would also venture a guess that if you went down the list of Tarboro's roster you would mispronounce some names too. I think they make a pretty good show through the season and I learn a little about Eastern football from it. Nash County had some pretty good teams this year. I would be interested to see a pick for 1A, but if you think it's a push game then you think it's an even game. What else can they say? If you have picked against Tarboro in two games and proven wrong twice, makes sense you would be hesitant to do so again. I enjoyed it. Kind of like hanging with two of the guys just talking some football. Half of the teams playing they probably don't know much about other than what they research. I have only seen full games of MA, Tarboro, Reidsville, and Hickory. Highlights of Clinton and Weddington. Haven't seen one play of 71st or Hoggard. Doesn't matter how big a fan you are, unless it's you job, you probably aren't going to know much about some the teams come championship games.
Thanks for watching the show. You are truly right we just like to go watch Good Friday night football game, and talk about it for everyone to enjoy.

I can't see the West respecting you two guy's predictions any longer. You did not have a problem picking Tarboro last year and know their chances may not be good this year and as Buz said you all have to live down east. Pick a team !

This is Deryl from Grit n Grind... my pick in this game would be Mount Airy. I think their offensive line will be the difference in this game. MA has two good running backs in Mason and Martin. Plus this defense is playing better than last year's team. But... I will be routing for Tarboro to win since they're coming out of the East.

Damn all you have to do is read the names of Max preps.
Gallimore is not a common name, tell them to kick rocks with bare feet…
Not hard name to read of paper!

Standby Mode. It was a good interview with Craddock on the radio this morning. Nothing but good words is what I heard.

I for one enjoy the effort the grit and grind show and appreciate the effort the guys put in from week to week. I guess my real question is if we have the time to pick the guys apart and critique the show why don’t us fans in the west put all that energy into making our on form of show that focuses on the west. Then get the two shows together state championship and debate the games out. I for one love these boards for the smack talk from week to week, I’m a keyboard cowboy as much as the next guy on here. But I also have to be thankful for Darrel and team and the work they do within the community and giving the local teams the acknowledgment they deserve. Now let’s get that western based show going

This is Deryl from Grit n Grind... my pick in this game would be Mount Airy. I think their offensive line will be the difference in this game. MA has two good running backs in Mason and Martin. Plus this defense is playing better than last year's team. But... I will be routing for Tarboro to win since they're coming out of the East.
Good choice Derylwl12, I told you guys Mount Airy by 14, it was MA by 14 + 4.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT