ADVERTISEMENT

Great Metro 4A Baseball Preview

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
Mooresville: Mooresville will once again return a solid core of player and they will be very tough at the batting and defensive position. Mooresville will lack in the Pitching department and They will need some of the younger guy who did get some time last yr to step up. Mooresville looks to be a Mid of the pack team this season.

Lake Norman: They will be in a situation as Mooresville, Pitching will be slightly down for the wildcats. Lake Norman has done pretty in last 5+ seasons and will be competitve as normal. They return 17 players and they will be very upper classmen heavy. I expected Lake Norman to be one of the top again this season.

South Iredell: Its Been tough sledding the last few years at South Iredell. South Iredell last winning season was 2016 in the 4a/3a NPC. The Vikings will also be very senior heavy as well this season. South Iredell will be lead by Will Vuk who is a OF/RHP for the Viking. I think South will have a lot of passion n pride to do well this year with Former Statesville Greyhound Baseball coach in Jeff Peck leading the program and also with one of their assistant pass away not to long ago. I think they will be tough but I dont think South will finish in top 4

AL Brown: AL Brown has one the best coach in my opinion in Empsey Thompson and AL Brown last winning season was 2016 but AL brown always been usually a under .500 team but They are very tough and hard working group and they will battle to a end. They will also be a mix of youth and upper class men, they return 7/13 from last year. If the young guys do well they could sneak in a few more wins and possibly win within the conference.

West Cabarrus: They are a team that doesn't have a lot of history, last year they went 9-14 (5-7). They do return 13/16 of last years team and will be a mix of youth n upperclassmen. They should be better in theory and I am not familiar with them so only time will tell how they will be.

Hickory Ridge: Hickory Ridge is a very good team and they will be very senior heavy and they will return 14/18 players. The biggest thing that will propel HR this year is they will have a very solid pitching. Hickory Ridge has Finish 7-5 (3rd place finish in SW4a/3a) and a 7-5 (4th place GM4) so this is there year to finish at the top.

Cox Mill: Cox Mill is also one of the team that could finish in top 3 this season and they will be very upperclassmen this season. Last year they finish 3rd and they will also have a very solid pitching core this season.

My Prediction:
1. Hickory Ridge
2. Cox Mill
3. Lake Norman
4. Mooresville
5. West Cabarrus
6. South Iredell
7. AL Brown

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT