ADVERTISEMENT

Get rid of east-west format

I talked to my dad who was on the ‘84 team. He said they didn’t play West Craven ‘84. He thinks the game you’re referring too was either ‘87 or ‘88
My wife graduated in 85 and she just told me Jesse was a couple of years behind her so your dad is correct. I helped coach Jesse in little league.

Reactions: TarVikes
Whatever year it was......it was darn cold.
That first half made the weather feel worse. Tarboro jumped on us early and often that first half. I'll never forget the halftime talk Coach Jordan gave them. They were in the back of the end zone and he just said "fellas take a look at our stands. They are packed with a standing room only on the sidelines. It looks like all of Vanceboro is here and you are embarrassing them. They are our family, our parents, cousins. Take a good look cause everyone you know is there. We owe them more than this. Whatever we have done wrong in the first half forget it now. I want you to play for them this 2nd half." I think Tarboro came out thinking we had quit but as bad as they pounded us in the first half we pounded them in the 2nd. I always thought one more minute we would have won but we just got too far behind the first half. It was a fun game.

Without doing history searches, I am betting big time coach changes.
Demographics in Burlington changed drastically. 1st the textile industry left the country after NAFTA; second Western Electric (at one time employed 5,000 people( closed down and relocated on I-85/I40 near Greensboro. Burlington became a outlet and retirement community. LabCorp did expand pretty rapidly took over downtown.

Can we have all semi finals and championship games at central locations. The west clearly is the better division. I'm tired of wasting money on blowouts. This is starting to get ridiculous

West has more rings that is fact. West has more resources for sports overall is also fact!

Would be cool if the final four teams scabble up east and west.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT